Help! Over-heating problems

fiireygrower

Hey everyone.

I'm having problems with the temperature in my grow tent. I've read other forums but this is my set up so any help appriciated

I have a 1.2x1.2x2.0meter tent. 600watt magnetic hps ballast and a 600watt has grow lamp. I have a carbon filter running at the top of my tent with a 150mm 91 litre per hour in line axial fan with ducting out of tent.

I have 2 oscillating fans running in the tent but the temperature is always running at 28 to 32 degrees.

If I have my tent open it falls to 27 degrees. I have this running in my spare room so can't really have it open. What can I do to get temperature down.

Cheers in advance
✌✌✌

I'm so new to this what vents will they be for passive intake?

The ballast is in the tent as well do you think this will add to the heat?

I have a seahawk tent. And they have flaps at the bottom that can be opened with mesh like material for airflow. The air up top is being exhausted out through a carbon filter then through an inline fan through ducting out of the tent

You carbon filter fan pulls air out of your tent. It is replaced with cool air coming in from open vents. The lower down these are the cooler the air coming in will be.

My ballast is digital but Ive read magnetic ballasts are hotter and if this is in the tent it is adding to the heat and may also be a fire hazard.

What is your light cycle? Are your lights on during the coldest time (night)?

At the momental I try to have my lights on at night but they on a 18/6 cycle. It is nearly winter where I am now so not to much of an issue.

So running the ocslating fans on the inside is still viable?? I have one running under my light to distribute heat more evenly and one at the bottom lightly blowing my plants while oscillating. This is my first time growing so all advise will go along way.

Will definitely take the ballast out of the tent open those vents up and see how much of a difference that makes

Back
Top Bottom