Exhaust recommendations?

Lonestar,

I have a 4x6.5x8 tent running a 25 gal recirculating 5 bubble bucket hydroponic system. I have two 600 W lights with 6 inch fans on the intake and outlet. I use three CO2 fungus bags. I use a portable air-conditioning unit inside to regulate the temperature due to the 1200 W lights. I am on my third grow. My first grow with five plants yielded 1.5 pounds. On my second grow, I vegged a shorter time and got about 1.3 pounds.I am on my third grow. Here's my question, the portable air-conditioning unit pulls air out of the tent. Wouldn't that also pull the CO2 out also? I think I can get bigger yields.

Do you have a journal? I'll have to check it out! I'm not too familiar with air/gas exchange, but I would assume that with the AC unit exhausting itself some of that CO2 would go out as well, and even through exhaust too? You technically have two exhaust with the AC unit and the exhaust from your light right?

Do you have a journal? I'll have to check it out! I'm not too familiar with air/gas exchange, but I would assume that with the AC unit exhausting itself some of that CO2 would go out as well, and even through exhaust too? You technically have two exhaust with the AC unit and the exhaust from your light right?

Yes, I use the Grodan app to record everything. The light exhaust is a closed system, so I don't think that pulls out much air. I live in the SW, so it's pretty dry. The a/c pulls humidity too. So my humidity is around 25%. Once the plants get big the humidity will get to 35-40%. What's yours with your a/c?

recommended products?

Dayton blower. Able to maintain airflow even under reasonable "pressure" (carbon filter friendly). Move lots of air. Generally intended for applications that demand years and years of use even when maintenance is poor (IOW, the average forced-air furnace :rolleyes3 ) .

Buy new and it'll last just this side of forever. Look around for one on Craigslist (alone or as part of a junk furnace) in order to save some money, clean it up, lubricate it... and it'll probably still last at least half as long.

Can make some noise, though. Probably not the best thing in the world if you are attempting to hide a grow in your local public library....

Back
Top Bottom