Stealth Box Grow

taylorhaze15

Hello, new grower here, well i tried before but didn't make it that far due to lack of research, but i've researched for a good 6 months now and i feel like i kinda know what i'm doing!

So i have assembled a mini grow box for i am going for a stealth grow. My box is 33 inches tall and 2 feet long and about a foot deep. I made it this small due to lack of area but i'm thinking this would work!

420-magazine-mobile2127813104.jpg

I was hoping someone on here could help me with my choice on ventilation, i want to use pc fans with a diy carbon filter attached but i don't want to get a set of pc fans that aren't strong enough to blow though the diy carbon filter. The lights i am planning on using are cfl's, i am planning on getting a 4 way adapter and running 1 cfl and gradually moving up the amount of bulbs as needed.

I was also hoping someone could help me figure out what size pots these are for i am not very good at figuring it out

420-magazine-mobile624665121.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1945347299.jpg

I put them next to a solo cup for comparison, hoping someone could help me out! i'm planning on getting the general hydroponics trio line along with cal-mag and a ph kit. also a clip on fan for ventilation inside the box! thank you for your time and i'm looking forward to the expertise on this thread! have a wonderful night folks, i'll be back tomorrow.

Hey taylor! Congrats on the start of your journey... sorry I can't help with your questions. Dealing with fans & carbon filter questions & overthinking myself! Lol~ but I'm sure you'll get the help you need here~
be sure you get 6500k cfls for the veg & 2700k for flowering.
Was curious... are you going to do your whole grow in that box? Don't forget to count your pots for total plant height.
Good luck buddy! I'll be keeping up with ya!

Hey taylor! Congrats on the start of your journey... sorry I can't help with your questions. Dealing with fans & carbon filter questions & overthinking myself! Lol~ but I'm sure you'll get the help you need here~
be sure you get 6500k cfls for the veg & 2700k for flowering.
Was curious... are you going to do your whole grow in that box? Don't forget to count your pots for total plant height.
Good luck buddy! I'll be keeping up with ya!

i was planning on doing my full grow in this due to the lack of space! i was thinking of trying to cram two plants in there and scrog them out, starting two plants off the rip and if they're both girls ill be going that route, if i only get one girl, i'm going to scrog it out and try to maximize the yield i get. i got both 6500k and 2700k already. waiting on a paycheck to order my nutes and some ventilation. i haven't completely figured out the ventilation but i need it done before i start the grow because once it's started i will not be able to get my stealth box back out of its position. thanks for stopping by vesp, i still read your thread on the daily!

Thanks... it's not as fun anymore... I went with the advanced nutrients basic trio mostly because I don't have to worry about ph and I don't need the up & down & calmag (even though I already had the calmag). I needed to keep the cost down for this grow so I didn't want to have to buy a ppm meter or anything extra...

Thanks... it's not as fun anymore... I went with the advanced nutrients basic trio mostly because I don't have to worry about ph and I don't need the up & down & calmag (even though I already had the calmag). I needed to keep the cost down for this grow so I didn't want to have to buy a ppm meter or anything extra...

wait is the advanced nutrients line better? do i still need calmag with it and a ph meter? i was planning on getting the general hydroponics ph kit

wait is the advanced nutrients line better? do i still need calmag with it and a ph meter? i was planning on getting the general hydroponics ph kit
I still ph with litmus strips, but it's supposed to be "ph perfect." So I don't have a ppm meter as yet with no issues.
As I understand it... no calmag needed as it's built in. I wanted to not have buy anything if i didn't *have to as funds are tight.

I still ph with litmus strips, but it's supposed to be "ph perfect." So I don't have a ppm meter as yet with no issues.
As I understand it... no calmag needed as it's built in. I wanted to not have buy anything if i didn't *have to as funds are tight.

well i did not know that, thanks for the info that should help my budget out a little bit

420-magazine-mobile1796196878.jpg
on Amazon it was $30 for the set & I have prime so no shipping~ no need for meters & ph up/down. I'm quite happy with them... one less thing to worry about in my first grow~

You'll do great t haze!

420-magazine-mobile1796196878.jpg
on Amazon it was $30 for the set & I have prime so no shipping~ no need for meters & ph up/down. I'm quite happy with them... one less thing to worry about in my first grow~

You'll do great t haze!

well thanks i really hope so, i'm gonna have to look into that for the night and see how much info i can find, i'll still have to get a ph kit just to make sure it does what it says it does, oh and i would need to correct the ph of anything i flush through it , so just a precaution i might have to pay for!

You can never be too careful! The nutes supposedly corrects the ph~ I check ph after I mix it and I also ph runoff with it always being in perfect range. Good luck!

You can never be too careful! The nutes supposedly corrects the ph~ I check ph after I mix it and I also ph runoff with it always being in perfect range. Good luck!

what's the ph run off supposed to be? i'm thinking i'll be trying to get it as close to 6.3 as i can, is this correct? it's what i've found on the web but gotta triple check with you vesp! how do you suggest i get some more people in here, trying to figure out this ventilation thing and it just hurts my head . my signature won't work but imma try again

I don't think the signature link works on the app... it doesn't for me & I only use the app... maybe go to the cabinet grow posts & see what others are doing?

I just make sure my runoff is between 6 & 7. Since I use litmus strips I don't know exact numbers. I am no expert though, t

I don't think the signature link works on the app... it doesn't for me & I only use the app... maybe go to the cabinet grow posts & see what others are doing?

I just make sure my runoff is between 6 & 7. Since I use litmus strips I don't know exact numbers. I am no expert though, t

what are litmus strips vesp? but just checked they didn't fix it.

Coco 5.8 ph is the target and soil 6.2-6.5 but 6.5 is best for cal/mag uptake
Thank you for chiming in as this is my first grow & I am by no means an expert~ I didn't even think about the different medium ranges... for some reason I thought t-haze was in soil~ also, don't different nutrients have a different ph uptake range? I think that's why I'm not crazy about getting exact ph as long as I'm within range of 6 & 7...

Back
Top Bottom