Anyone growing or familiar with CMH?

schomegrown

So I recently won a DE-630watt CMH (Ceramic Metal Hilade). Just curious about what height my light should hang from top of plant.. Maybe what your thoughts are on CMH? Just some basic knowledge. I know this is a relatively new light and I am finding little info.

Ounce you go cmh u never go back...lol..but yea i run 3 315's for veg and flowering at about 3 to 4 feet above the plants in veg..Then around 2 feet above when in flowering...cmh is hands down the best lighting..Most of the best growers in the world are or have already switched to cmh...Me and all the ppl i know have used every thing and yes some other lighting dos a good job but cmh produces better bud, 1 hour or less of research will tell u that..i finally just sold a cob set up i spent $6,000 on...cob is just a better choice over led panels...i could go on and on about cmh but its best for ppl to do there own research...p.s. sorry for the bad gramer im really high right now...have a good night bud..

Ounce you go cmh u never go back...lol..but yea i run 3 315's for veg and flowering at about 3 to 4 feet above the plants in veg..Then around 2 feet above when in flowering...cmh is hands down the best lighting..Most of the best growers in the world are or have already switched to cmh...Me and all the ppl i know have used every thing and yes some other lighting dos a good job but cmh produces better bud, 1 hour or less of research will tell u that..i finally just sold a cob set up i spent $6,000 on...cob is just a better choice over led panels...i could go on and on about cmh but its best for ppl to do there own research...p.s. sorry for the bad gramer im really high right now...have a good night bud..

Hi I run CMH as well, and a big argument I've found for COBs had been efficiency in percentage. Would you happen to know efficiency in percentage for CMH bulbs?

Hi I run CMH as well, and a big argument I've found for COBs had been efficiency in percentage. Would you happen to know efficiency in percentage for CMH bulbs?
Not of hand i dont remember..but what i do know is when i run all 3 lights on 20 on 4 off for veg i only use $56 a month..cant complain about that...cobs costed me about same on average...

Thanks so much for the the response. I have read they are amazing. Llike I said I won this off of a giveaway. The company is SunSpectra. I am moving up from running florescent and 1 LED panel. So I know I'm gonna have to take in to account a few more things in my room like controlling heat and humidity. Which isnt as hard with fluorescents and LEDs as much. I do have a buddy I have have been watching with a 630 over autos. His last White Widow was stacked! I am beyond excited about this light and will post pics when it comes in tomorrow. Also, any recommendations on the best place to buy double ended CMH builds? It comes with a 4000k but I really need the 3200k, which I believe is the more full spectrum.

Thanks so much for the the response. I have read they are amazing. Llike I said I won this off of a giveaway. The company is SunSpectra. I am moving up from running florescent and 1 LED panel. So I know I'm gonna have to take in to account a few more things in my room like controlling heat and humidity. Which isnt as hard with fluorescents and LEDs as much. I do have a buddy I have have been watching with a 630 over autos. His last White Widow was stacked! I am beyond excited about this light and will post pics when it comes in tomorrow. Also, any recommendations on the best place to buy double ended CMH builds? It comes with a 4000k but I really need the 3200k, which I believe is the more full spectrum.
Well i buy from my local hydroponics store so not sure where to buy online...but yea i veg and flower with 3200k..its all u need....other then that good luck..if you have any ?s just ask and ill answer to the best i can..

Well i buy from my local hydroponics store so not sure where to buy online...but yea i veg and flower with 3200k..its all u need....other then that good luck..if you have any ?s just ask and ill answer to the best i can..
I got ya. Yeah my store is currently ordering me one from 1 of their vendors. That's exactly what I have been hearing. Thanks, I really appreciate it!

420-magazine-mobile137634870.jpg

I got her today!! Now just waiting on the tent! Is there any way to tell on the bulb wether its a 4000k or not?

Yup..thats what u want..prefect for veg and flowering..
Not sure if my picture loaded.. Sweet, glad he didnt listen to me! Lol Thanks for the help. I will start a journal when I start my first grow. Which will actually be Afghan Kush Ryder Auto. Just got her yesterday as well.

You shouldn't have to worry about any heat change with going from led as apparently led are just as hot as hid, says a few people on here. Haha

You shouldn't have to worry about any heat change with going from led as apparently led are just as hot as hid, says a few people on here. Haha
My LED I have now is has no heat at all. Running the same temp as my 4ft CFLs. I actually need the heat bumped up a bit. Im running like 76 F- 82F.

Anyone have any recommendations on a CMH brand/ bulbs?

Thanks. So any CMH is as good as another? Or are you just saying that Philips is the main manufacturer?
The warnings about not working in the room while the bulbs are on- to avoid risk of radiation- sound like a bit of a deal breaker for me. On the other hand - I think what they're referring to is only if you break an bulb while it's on, which seems unlikely. Any thoughts on this?

Back
Top Bottom