How to set A/C unit on a timer?

dctikitiki

Hello I am on my second grow, last batch was heat stressed Strawberry Cough that hermd on me halfway through flower due to temperatures in the flower room hitting 91 degrees in the afternoons with only a desk fan. For my bubblegum Harvest I purchased a Next2New 3 in 1 LG air conditioner dehumidifier fan for $50 and put it directly outside the grow tent made of panda film and cut the side of the tent so that the mouth of the AC unit pores cold air into the grow tent and Vince it out of the top of the tent. MY PROBLEM... is the air conditioning unit from what I see doesn't look like it could be controlled by a thermostat device or a plug-in timer such as for grow lights this is because there's a power button on top of the unit that has to be pressed to power it on after it's powered off and there's a timer digitally built into it that has to be set so I'm pretty Stoned on how I'm going to set my air conditioning unit to a timer or thermostat if anyone has done this and has experience please let me know I'm pretty desperate for some kind of advice as far as temperature regulation my temperatures range now from 65 to 80. Which in my opinion is too far of a differential in day and night temperatures any help greatly appreciated
420-magazine-mobile849035277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile737206957.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1396761007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2022010659.jpg

Re: How to Set A/C unit on a Timer??

Grab an Inkbird controller from the big river site. They work like timers but with a thermometer. Some even let you set different temps for night and day. Inkbird Itc-308 Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2-stage, 1100w, w/ Sensor is one that would work well for you I think...pop that in the search bar at big river.

Im sorry about thesideways pics my POS galaxy s5 even when photod veryically rotates them

Hello I am on my second grow, last batch was heat stressed Strawberry Cough that hermd on me halfway through flower due to temperatures in the flower room hitting 91 degrees in the afternoons with only a desk fan. For my bubblegum Harvest I purchased a Next2New 3 in 1 LG air conditioner dehumidifier fan for $50 and put it directly outside the grow tent made of panda film and cut the side of the tent so that the mouth of the AC unit pores cold air into the grow tent and Vince it out of the top of the tent. MY PROBLEM... is the air conditioning unit from what I see doesn't look like it could be controlled by a thermostat device or a plug-in timer such as for grow lights this is because there's a power button on top of the unit that has to be pressed to power it on after it's powered off and there's a timer digitally built into it that has to be set so I'm pretty Stoned on how I'm going to set my air conditioning unit to a timer or thermostat if anyone has done this and has experience please let me know I'm pretty desperate for some kind of advice as far as temperature regulation my temperatures range now from 65 to 80. Which in my opinion is too far of a differential in day and night temperatures any help greatly appreciated
420-magazine-mobile849035277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile737206957.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1396761007.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2022010659.jpg

Set the time on the ac unit and then make it fit to the time you want? That's all about I've got mate, if I've made you throw your hands up in anger then I'm sorry ;)

Im sorry about thesideways pics my POS galaxy s5 even when photod veryically rotates them

you need to hold the phone sideways to post upright....I always do post processing with my lappy before uploading.

Grab an Inkbird controller from the big river site. They work like timers but with a thermometer. Some even let you set different temps for night and day. Inkbird Itc-308 Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2-stage, 1100w, w/ Sensor is one that would work well for you I think...pop that in the search bar at big river.
My problem is im not sure if the ac unit will come back in unless someone physically pressed the power button. Is there an ac unit designed for small grow rooms

Your options appear to consist of manually setting your air conditioner every day, or purchasing a used a/c that has - or one of the very few new models that uses - manual controls, so it'd always be in the same mode regardless of how many times its power was interrupted by a timer.

A third possibility is that some newer a/c units have an option to come back to their last operation settings in the event of a power failure. This may or may not work when the "power failure" has been a 12-hour dark cycle instead of a brief interruption, IDK.

BtW, unless the nature of those portable units has changed recently, they're significantly less efficient than their semi-permanently mounted counterparts. Either less cooling, higher power consumption, or both. Ironically, they seem to be more expensive than their traditional window- and wall-mounted brethren.

Just a thought, but can you not simply set your unit up to run constantly, then depend on its thermostat to decide when to run it and when not to? Most a/c units have a mode where the fan runs constantly and the compressor cycles, but they also tend to have a mode where the fan shuts off as well (it'll cycle periodically in order to draw air past the thermo-sensor, in order to sample the room's temperature). Does your portable lack this sort of option?

Finally, is this thread a grow journal or just questions? The only reason I'm asking is that you've posted it in the "Journals in Progress" sub-section of the Grow Journals set of forums.

Sorry about the subsection, I am a newer member so my access is limited, you are dead on point touturedsoul, that ac unit I have clips on and off and the fan stays running as long as the unit is powered on I am going to patch the hole in the side of the tent and replace the AC unit with a wall-mount type unit that will run anytime its given power

Back
Top Bottom