Ventilation tent size and lighting help

Seaneybhoy

Hello everyone. This is my first ever time on a forum so I apologise if I upset anyone.

I have a 2x2x5 grow tent
250w mh and hps bulbs
4 inch fan at 105 m3/h on side of a cool tube
4 inch fan at 105m3/h connected to 4 inch carbon filter (suspended from tent)
2 x 6 inch clip on fans attached above and below cannopy
For cool air i have a 4 inch at 105 m3/h at the bottom bring in cool air
Co2 bag is hung over the plant

The room outside the tent is 27c and humidity outside the tent is 64%

In this enviroment could I grow a single 100cm plant using a 30L pot with at least 8 ounces on a single plant of good potent bud?

Thank you for any advice

Ps for 250w bulb can I not just use the passive intake?(The window at the bottom with mesh over it)

Hey Seaney and welcome to the forum

Yes the passive intake will work. One fan up high, one down low. Your hood I assume is coolable, so your carbon intake can pass through your hood as well to keep shit cool. You've got a thermometer/hygrometer.....right? I'm not an HPS/MH guy, but I'll share what I know.

Looks and sounds like you've got quite the setup there, so go get some seeds and let's fill that thing up! Most try multiple strains to find one that they love. For a 1st, this is a good idea, but I always thought......what if something goes wrong mid grow.....I'll have nothing. So I started 3.....all the same to get used to my setup. Next time it'll be 3 different strains, to find a smoke that blows me away......in time

Yes, I don't see any reason why you couldn't get a 1/2 lb from a plant, but getting to that stage could take some luck and paying close attention to your girl. If you're ready, then let the games begin! What strain are you looking at? Are you growing to just get high or due to medical conditions?

Thank you very much I think I'm going to like it here if people are like you thank you for replying.

That's brill I can just use the passive intake instead of a fan my actual room isn't light tight so will add a fan for night instead of the passive intake. Yes it's a 4 inch cool tube I may upgrade it in the future to one of those cool hoods. Oh yeah I've got 2 mini thermometers/humidity meters but I may buy one that I can check the temperature without entering the tent. the ones i have cost 2 pound from eBay
(Yes the passive intake will work. One fan up high, one down low. Your hood I assume is coolable, so your carbon intake can pass through your hood as well to keep shit cool. You've got a thermometer/hygrometer.....right? I'm not an HPS/MH guy, but I'll share what I know.)

Thank you very much it's pretty much the same as my first grow (This is my second ) except I had a 400w in there ad I could not get the tempritures down from 35 to 45 Celsius. I grew 6 seeds 2 strains and only one gave me an ounce the others only a little . They got long and thin the branches were short too to me though in my mind I achieved my goal, not very well mind you so I either need to upgrade my equipment which I have no clue about (if I just follow instructions I'm not actually learning anything just taking the authors word for it) or learn in more detail which led me here, I grew royal kush and I can't remember the other.
(Looks and sounds like you've got quite the setup there, so go get some seeds and let's fill that thing up! Most try multiple strains to find one that they love. For a 1st, this is a good idea, but I always thought......what if something goes wrong mid grow.....I'll have nothing. So I started 3.....all the same to get used to my setup. Next time it'll be 3 different strains, to find a smoke that blows me away......in time)

I understand that the more practice and education the more bud and healthier plants I descovered growing plants is a real fine art and a trade that takes time and care to master I loved my first grow was so proud of myself because I am virtually blind and I don't have much confidence I felt like I really achieved something.

I've got 3 critical kush femonised coming from bloody Spain lol...the reason I'm only growing one is because I was concerned that 250w would only be enough for one plant. What do you mean by tight ? I can do 18L pots if that's any better I use biobizz all mix too...i suffer from health conditions but I smoke way more than I need because I enjoy it but I want to master growing to a pretty high level so when it's legalised or I can move I want to be a farmer of some sort and get off the government's pay role that's my reasons also I'm religious so weed to me isn't quite the same as it's viewed by many of the average smokers

Thank you again for all your advice
(Yes, I don't see any reason why you couldn't get a 1/2 lb from a plant, but getting to that stage could take some luck and paying close attention to your girl. If you're ready, then let the games begin! What strain are you looking at? Are you growing to just get high or due to medical conditions?[/QUOTE])

I've got 3 (sometimes 4) plants in a 3x3. I was saying it would be tight if you had a giant pot and a giant plant in a tent that was only 5 feet tall.

Ahhh I see what you mean now so in future I'm gonna get a 110 x 110 x 200 tent I need 2 anyways so I can have a flow of bud I wanna start making medicinal remedies too I'm getting old now need to look after myself

Ahhh I see what you mean now so in future I'm gonna get a 110 x 110 x 200 tent I need 2 anyways so I can have a flow of bud I wanna start making medicinal remedies too I'm getting old now need to look after myself
You should read the article about bio bombs from sweetSue. Really good read for us older folk LOL.

Back
Top Bottom