Can someone diagnose what's wrong with this baby

KenKaniff420

Hey guys and girls just want to know what's wrong with my plant and how to fix the problem I'm just growing in potty mix I haven't added anything to it I have been feeding it extra nutrients and it's under 40 watts of light one 18 watt cfl and another 23 watt cfl. After a watering I noticed it started to droop then about 12 hours later I noticed a brown spot on the tip of one leaf.

420-magazine-mobile447733552.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1474881153.jpg
420-magazine-mobile900969284.jpg

Hey kenkaniff420, glade I am able to assist you today !
Especially so because I'm a newbie as well on my first grow ... not to far ahead of yours actually if not the same age !

That problem your are seeing now, with a burnt leaf tip.. well that's a common problem of "over watering "
Especially the way you described it .. as a "droop then a Burt tip" is almost a for sure sign of a "over watering"
Looks like it's 1 node down, so probably the last time you watered you gave to much ..

2 solutions .
Water less more often
Or even better !
Water more. less often, wait for the soil to dry a bit ( dry to first knuckle down in dirt)
And you should be good !
Other then that everything sounds good !
Good luck !

little bit of info about ur scheme?
how old is the plant,
did u feed it nutes?,
what soil ur using?
if u put ur finger till the first knuckle in is it wet,moist,dry?

thinking it might be over/underwatering but looking at the leaves i think it could rather be to much nutes ?
i dont think ur light is to close tho how far is it anyway?

My plant will at least be month maybe two old I have been feeding it nutes for couple of weeks now it's moist at the moment only watered this morning and my lights are about an inch away from the plant

check for heat if ur hand gets warm it needs to go higher! and if the light is too strong perhaps also (thats with led) mines about 20-30cm

does ur soil have nutes? else u shouldnt bother to much feeding yet untill week 4-6

also dont worry to skip a day watering!

Yeah sweet cheers man yeah I'm going to stick with a schedule watering 1st day I will water with nutes second with water then tied I let it dry and repeat

Looks like nute burn, heat burn happens to the leaves closest to the light, heat stress makes all leaves "taco" and over watering is droopy from the stem outwards.

I only put like 4 millilitres to 250 millilitres of water and I thought that heat stress happens if it's actually touching the plant because there's no way I have too much light on it I'm only using 40 watts

how old is she?
1st , she is stretching, if your light is a cfl put it as close as possible as long as the heat is ok for your finger, that's ok,
2nd, if it's an incandescent bulb just change it,
3rd, this isn't over or under watering since leaves are flat it might be a nitrogen deficiency and "maybe" an iron defficiency for the brown tip or it's just not getting anough light
go light on the nutes, gd luck

It doesn't look like over watering to me. If you have drain holes in the bottom of those cups, and you let the plant dry out completely between watering, you shouldn't have to worry about over watering.

You said "potty mix" is what you used to plant in. Do you mean Potting Mix like the stuff you grow vegetables and flowers in? What this looks like to me is too many nutrients too soon...my first guess judging by just the tips folding over would be nitrogen, but that usually makes the plant dark as well. Either way I wouldn't worry too much but don't give nutrients the next time you water, and keep an eye on the health of the plant going forward. If the older growth fan leaves start getting really dark, it's because they are absorbing the extra nutrients that the rest of the plant can't handle.

It's a nice looking plant, but you may want to transplant into a bigger container and add more light. I agree with nigrow...she looks like she's stretching and you aren't getting much new node growth. Good luck and post some current pictures.

Back
Top Bottom