Re: Tent help

i go by tent sizes when im growing.

1x1m tent = 400w hps (600w hps if you have good ventilation and extraction)

1.2x1.2m tent = 600w hps

1.2x2.4m tent = 2x 600w hps or 1x 1000w hps

thats my own oppinion though, but it works well for me.

Tent help

I have a 4/4/by 84 inch tall tent I'm using a 400 Watt light system. Do I need more light, is that too much tent? Which size container's should I use.

So I'm new to this. I have a 4/4/84 inch tent I have a top of the line 400 Watt system, ballast,fan filter, etc. Should I get another light?and what size container's should I be using?

Your light is fine for now, but you can add some extra lights later on, if you want to.

Start your seeds in small pots, like solo cups.

Once the leaves grow broader than the edges of the cup, put them in bigger pots with fresh soil.

You can do this every couple of weeks, then you only have to give water with no extra nutrients while in veg.

Aim for the largest possible pots that you can get for your space, just before flowering.

How to grow Cannabis

So I'm new to this. I have a 4/4/84 inch tent I have a top of the line 400 Watt system, ballast,fan filter, etc. Should I get another light?and what size container's should I be using?
I am assuming since you said you have the top of the line it is a DE with an electronic ballast. 400 watts will work though in a I would recumbent a 600 watt DE with an air cooled hood, though 400 watts will work just fine to start. As for pot size I would recommend using either an air pot or a cloth(Fabric) smart pot so the roots can air prune and prevent your plant from becoming root bound. For size I would say either a 5 gallon pot or a 7 gallon pot. Either size will do just dandy in a 4x4 tent. Get any bigger and your just wasting soil because you will never be able to grow your plants big enough in that space to utilize the whole pots. Some guys will go with 3 gallon pots but if you intend to fill the tent to its max with 4 plants, do yourself a favor and use at least 5 gallon pots.

I know what you are talking about with the smart pot's,so instead of getting actually five gallon buckets get the five gallon smart pot's?

Back
Top Bottom