SCROG question and two more

Caslon

Pictured below is my setup, all ready to receive a bought PE baby clone tomorrow. 32x32x63" tent. I plan on just one plant and SCROG it. Some questions if I may ask. How big should my SCROG netting squares be for such a tent and one plant? I've seen so many that are 4" square (bigger tents tho). Isn't that a bit large ? Others say 2" squares.

Another Question: I'm buying a baby clone of PE (didn't want to wait another week for a full 4" clone). It's Ok if its a baby. How close down do I want my BestVA 1000W LED hanging above the baby clone? BestVA recommends 24-36". Couldn't it be hung a bit lower to the baby clone for 20/4 until it starts to root well? Without harming it? Tent temps are good, good airflow.

Last question (for now at least, lol): I want to the SCROG it in one pot and not have to transplant. The container size is 8" wide by 7" deep. Is that size sufficient for one plant SCROGGED? Pots get kinda large after that size (at Home Depot at least). I'm not happy with their selection choices either. If you can recommend an ideal size, please do (one plant).

I'd appreciate any helpful replies.

Hope this helps.
1. You can never go wrong with a larger pot. NEVER
2. You might wanna leave the light at the 36" mark the light is very bright can can causeifht stress on plants so small.
3. I would say 3" square would be fine that's what I'm going to try this grow.

I agree, that pot could be bigger. There's such a crappy selection of pots at Home Depot and Lowes. They both stock similar brand pots. I'll heed your advice about not dropping the light too low, altho I've heard of others doing it without harm. 24" should be a safe range for a 1000w LED, I would think (i20/4? ok during early veg stage).

Can anyone recommend a national chain store that has a better more suitable collection of planting pots for my purposes? Home Depot and Lowes pots go from an 8" diameter planter to gigantic and not efficiently shaped (they taper down too much). Very poor selection. Both carry the same brand too, which is frustrating. If I have to order one online that someone mentions here, I am willing to wait and do that. I don't like the limited shapes and sizes of plastic pots sold at Home Depot and Lowes. What else do you guys use as a container?

Thanks also if anyone wants to chime in that 3" netting squares are good for one SCROG grown plant. 4" seems too large and 2" seems too small (as has been talked about on other forums).

I think 3" is fine for the scrog. You might be over complicating the size of the squares. How about WalMart,BigLots, Dollar Store for a pot. Most folks like the grow bags. I'd look for a hydro shop nearby or check out Amazon if you still can't find what your looking for.
1 gallon per month of life you expect out of your plant is the rule of thumb I heard.

32x32x64" tent. Is this size tent even worth Scrogging? That thought crossed my mind. One plant Scrogged is what I am going for. Is my tent too small to Scrog one plant?

32x32x64" tent. Is this size tent even worth Scrogging? That thought crossed my mind. One plant Scrogged is what I am going for. Is my tent too small to Scrog one plant?

Ultimately you have to decide that. I've never done a scrog but that doesn't mean I won't. It also doesn't mean I wouldn't do it for a small space or just one plant. The beauty is, you can keep trying new styles and eventually you'll find how you like to grow. I started in soil with photoperiod plants. Less than 5 months later I'm in hydro growing autos. Best advice, pick a method, stick to it, start a journal so you can get help and meet people, and have fun! Whenever I get to the point I feel like I'm overthinking, I just remember it can and does grow in wildly different situations, we are just here to help it grow and give it love haha

Sorry for the wall of text....I'm not even high yet .

Back
Top Bottom