Just started growing

Daddycharlie

420-magazine-mobile999731561.jpg
I obviously need more lights just curious as to what I can get? Plants are in the soil during the germination phase in the window is that fine?

Germination phase got some sour diesel, fruity spirit, and strawberry cough.

So in that Gatorade bottle - how are you going to change the pot ? Cut it out ? I would just start in solo cups they are easier .....
I think the window is a good start for seedlings as long as they get more than 12 hours of light once they pop through the dirt
Ok so you got some nutes coming .....
I recommend using Pro mix for your medium if you want to use soil .

The Gatorade bottle is cut in half just have the top half on for moisture and ya I'm assuming the germination process will be faster if it has more light? So I'm just gonna do the 18 hours of light 6 hours of dark and where can I get that soil besides online? Do they have at Home Depot or stores like that?

I definitely don't know about the flushing process and like the exact dosage when I get the supplements for the plants. Sounds pretty complex on your page I get more supplements for veg and less for flowering just don't know like when to actually dose and how much.

I get mine at my local hydro shop .... but they do have it on Amazon .
I think if you have them Agway or a garden center should carry it , didn't see any at Home Depot.
Make sure you stay away from miracle grow as that feeds for 3 months and can be harsh .
Ok cool about the bottle I see now ..

I get mine at my local hydro shop .... but they do have it on Amazon .
I think if you have them Agway or a garden center should carry it , didn't see any at Home Depot.
Make sure you stay away from miracle grow as that feeds for 3 months and can be harsh .
Ok cool about the bottle I see now ..

Ya I read about the time lapsed nutrients in miracle grow! I have like about 50 seeds of sour diesel but limited with fruity spirit and strawberry cough but I don't want to waste any just wanna be efficient as possible and learn as much as I can do you think one 150 watt bulb and a 65 watt is enough for my plant? I saw that like experienced growers can get like a gram per watt? Just curious your thread was honestly crazy informative from everything I read.

I definitely don't know about the flushing process and like the exact dosage when I get the supplements for the plants. Sounds pretty complex on your page I get more supplements for veg and less for flowering just don't know like when to actually dose and how much.

Do a little research - when I started out I was reading issue after issue of high times , and read the grow bible from cover to cover several times.

Basically the plant is a living thing - needs food, air,light and water to survive .

I wouldn't worry about flushing at this point .... that's coming up soon . Right now your just gonna keep the soil moist and leave the seedlings alone till they pop out and get a little taller .

You need to know about NPK ratios , ph of the water, nutes and soil .

And that's where experience helps out , I'm kinda on auto pilot and used to use fox farm but I am happy with the General organic line up as well .
Lots of options out there for nutes !

Ya I read about the time lapsed nutrients in miracle grow! I have like about 50 seeds of sour diesel but limited with fruity spirit and strawberry cough but I don't want to waste any just wanna be efficient as possible and learn as much as I can do you think one 150 watt bulb and a 65 watt is enough for my plant? I saw that like experienced growers can get like a gram per watt? Just curious your thread was honestly crazy informative from everything I read.

150 is a good start - and you could flower with it as well ...
But if you like it and want to go perpetual you will need to consider getting a second light for flower - again many many choices out there LED, HID , CMH etc.
I like my little 400 w
But I want to up it to 600 for flower just to get a lil fatter buds or I may get an LED i can't decide .

You will Probably expect to buy something new weekly or monthly for your set up .

How long does this germination process take?..

Anywhere from about 24hr all the way to 5-7 days for some strains or seeds.
My WWidow and Candy Candy germed in < 48hr total (water for 16hr + about 1 day after that in moist paper towel method), one tap root was at nearly 1/2" by then and the other was actually a little ahead. Happened faster than I expected.

If you mean pop up after being put in soil, mine took about 36hr after planting the seeds with tap roots down and being put under the lights, it'll vary of course though.

If you just popped the seeds directly in moist soil directly and went the 'like nature route' (sounds like you did this), expect it to take a few days, maybe a week, don't be surprised if one takes a little longer than another, and I wouldn't start thinking about counting any of them out till say day 10. But I barely know what I'm talking about so you know grains of salt and all that.

As for the trading seeds question, I'm not aware of that going on in any official forum area way, i imagine if it happens it does so via private messages.

First off, thanks Phil for the referral. I'm quite honored to even be mentioned since I just joined up :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of growing. Set aside some money from each paycheck because you're gonna need it lol. A good estimate of yield is 1 gram per watt AT THE WALL! Important to know especially when it comes to LED lights with claims of being a "300 watt light" but only pulls 150 at the wall, like my light. So if I hit all the marks and do a perfect grow I would expect around 150 grams. As I am a newb and don't know shit, I'll be happy with 30 grams, but definitely looking to improve quality and yield with each grow.

Good choice of nutes. Just follow the feeding schedule and you should be fine. Things that you need to be in control of other than nutes.

Lights. If you don't have a timer, get one. A decent one. My first one was shit, so I had to buy a better one, the one I should have bought in the first place. Call myself trying to save money, and ended up spending more money buying shit over again. So DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Temp/humidity. Get yourself a temp and humidity sensor. This one you can kind of cheap out on, but make sure it at least has max/min so you can see how high/low everything is getting.

Airflow. Have a fan directed at the plants to stimulate strength, and a larger fan with a charcoal filter to circulate the air and scrub the scent (if you are using a tent). Small fan can be just a little desktop thing, but for the larger fan, find something with at least 150cfm in the 4-6" variety.

Water. Definitely have to pH your water if you want the most successful grow possible. Also not a bad idea to get a ppm meter to guage the content amount in the water. Good idea to test it before you water, and use enough for there to be runoff, and test that also.

Only other thing I can think of right now is once you start flowering, you night cycle needs to be completely dark. Any light leaks will stess the plant and could cause seeds to form. I don't it's as important in veg, but obviously the darker the better.

Pick up a pack of solo cups and at least some 3 gallon pots, but I think most people prefer 5 gallon. More room for roots equal a bigger plant.

I think thats all i got for you. Good luck buddy! Impatiently waiting for that next update :laughtwo:

First off, thanks Phil for the referral. I'm quite honored to even be mentioned since I just joined up :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of growing. Set aside some money from each paycheck because you're gonna need it lol. A good estimate of yield is 1 gram per watt AT THE WALL! Important to know especially when it comes to LED lights with claims of being a "300 watt light" but only pulls 150 at the wall, like my light. So if I hit all the marks and do a perfect grow I would expect around 150 grams. As I am a newb and don't know shit, I'll be happy with 30 grams, but definitely looking to improve quality and yield with each grow. If you go the LED route take note of the different spectrum's they lights have as no two manufacturers are the same. Typically the more spectrum's the better.

Good choice of nutes. Just follow the feeding schedule and you should be fine. Things that you need to be in control of other than nutes.

Timer for your light. If you don't have a timer, get one. A decent one. My first one was shit, so I had to buy a better one, the one I should have bought in the first place. Call myself trying to save money, and ended up spending more money buying shit over again. So DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Temp/humidity. Get yourself a temp and humidity sensor. This one you can kind of cheap out on, but make sure it at least has max/min so you can see how high/low everything is getting.

Airflow. Have a fan directed at the plants to stimulate strength, and a larger fan with a charcoal filter to circulate the air and scrub the scent (if you are using a tent). Small fan can be just a little desktop thing, but for the larger fan, find something with at least 150cfm in the 4-6" variety.

Water. Definitely have to pH your water if you want the most successful grow possible. Also not a bad idea to get a ppm meter to guage the content amount in the water. Good idea to test it before you water, and use enough for there to be runoff, and test that also.

Only other thing I can think of right now is once you start flowering, you night cycle needs to be completely dark. Any light leaks will stess the plant and could cause seeds to form. I don't it's as important in veg, but obviously the darker the better.

Pick up a pack of solo cups and at least some 3 gallon pots, but I think most people prefer 5 gallon. More room for roots equal a bigger plant.

I think thats all i got for you. Good luck buddy! Impatiently waiting for that next update :laughtwo:

You don't want a fan directed right at your plants constantly, you want a fan moving. That lady wants to breath in CO2 and breath out O2. If a fan is constantly blowing over your plant, she will have a harder time doing this.
Those are good nutes to start with. Soon enough you will find yourself venturing out to better quality.
Something else I will bring up is the mirrors. Im under the impression you are using these to reflect light. This actually doesn't work with mirrors. That mirror is actually absorbing the light with out reflecting it back. Also do not use aluminum foil, this also absorbs light, as well as creates hot spots. The white wall behind your mirror would reflect the light way better.
Good start keep studying this forum is full of an insane amount of knowledge. Keep it up

Back
Top Bottom