Plan For Undercurrent RWDC In 2x4

Ian Bastage

I have started 'the buy' for my Undercurrent RDWC DIY build. Using 3 x 45L/12 gal totes from Home Despot — two as grow buckets inside the 2x4x7 tent with the res outside. All will be wrapped with foil-backed insulation.

tent411.JPG

To maintain decent water depth (est 22 gal total) I have to use 3 ½ net pots but with a smallish tent, I won't be growing tall plants anyway but I expect some DIY trellis will be required or I can SCROG. I will get some poly sheets for the tote tops — for extra support & I can customize for 2 plants per tote or one etc. The par pattern of the lamp helped determine the pot locations for maximum light with some room to grow — probably not enough but I'm greedy.

par-pots.jpg

The light will be a Mars Epi 160 & the tent is a Mars 1680D 2x4x7. I just received both on a deal from Cathy @ Mars. I have a 793 gph air pump coming as well. As for the rest . . . I am still finalizing.

The lower feed will be 2" ABS. The return will reduce to 1" ABS with (probably) an Aqua-Mag 2 250 gph inline pump pulling the flow to the res with a screen filter on the grow tanks' output.

The air pump will feed 6 large airstones — 2 per tote. The feeds are all adjustable if root damage from agitation becomes evident.

fittings2.JPG

Ventilation with be a 4" fan with filter which in theory will give me 3 turns a minute.

Opinions? Problems? Criticisms?What are I forgetting? Thanks in advance.

I have started 'the buy' for my Undercurrent RDWC DIY build. Using 3 x 45L/12 gal totes from Home Despot — two as grow buckets inside the 2x4x7 tent with the res outside. All will be wrapped with foil-backed insulation.

tent411.JPG

To maintain decent water depth (est 22 gal total) I have to use 3 ½ net pots but with a smallish tent, I won't be growing tall plants anyway but I expect some DIY trellis will be required or I can SCROG. I will get some poly sheets for the tote tops — for extra support & I can customize for 2 plants per tote or one etc. The par pattern of the lamp helped determine the pot locations for maximum light with some room to grow — probably not enough but I'm greedy.

par-pots.jpg

The light will be a Mars Epi 160 & the tent is a Mars 1680D 2x4x7. I just received both on a deal from Cathy @ Mars. I have a 793 gph air pump coming as well. As for the rest . . . I am still finalizing.

The lower feed will be 2" ABS. The return will reduce to 1" ABS with (probably) an Aqua-Mag 2 250 gph inline pump pulling the flow to the res with a screen filter on the grow tanks' output.

The air pump will feed 6 large airstones — 2 per tote. The feeds are all adjustable if root damage from agitation becomes evident.

fittings2.JPG

Ventilation with be a 4" fan with filter which in theory will give me 3 turns a minute.

Opinions? Problems? Criticisms?What are I forgetting? Thanks in advance.

This was in 2017 not sure if you had any journals but did this work out ?

Back
Top Bottom