My first grow - Advice needed

LoGiK287

Hey Guys and gals,

First post to the forum, been cruisin around the site educating myself for sometime now.

My registration for legal growin should be through any day now :high-five: and I'm beginning to plan for my first grow, super excited.

I could use some advice on a setup that will provide me with some constant bud at a budget of around $1000. I don't want to blow the bank out the gates, but I want to get some quality equipment that I can add to as my skills grow.

I have a space roughly 12' x 15' in my basement and planning on growing in a 2-tent soil setup with MH/HPS lighting. My plan is to keep a tent on veg light timing for mother plant and clones and a flowering tent to keep a cycle of 6-8 girls producing without have to constantly purchase seeds.

I'm completely green when it comes to growing anything, and still have lots of reading to do. I'm just getting started on planning so forgive me if I'm overlooking something basic.

Question 1: Is this a realistic/efficient setup for my situation?

Question 2: What size of tent's should I be looking for with a setup like this?

Thanks!!

Ok right on, thanks for the response dadums.

Read through pretty much everything there.

Planning on picking up a 600w hps and a 48"x48"x80" Vivosun tent for flowering area, what's a reasonable/affordable choice for lighting my mother and clones?

Cheers!

The day of ordering all my goodies is fast approaching :high-five:

Have some Blue Dream fem seeds on the way from True north.

The last piece of the puzzle is still my mother/clone lighting.

Looks like the best options for a T5 that ships to Canada: Agrobrite T5, 2 Foot, 4-Tube Fixture with Included Fluorescent Grow Lights: Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I've come across this LED which seems a little more affordable. Id thought it being LED it would consume less wattage, but it looks like the T5 runs about 96watt with the included bulbs, and this LED=136 watt consumption:
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower: Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn & Garden

What's your thoughts on the comparison between T5 vs LED lights here dadums?

Back
Top Bottom