Grow Room Setup

reapah23

I just got a 48"x48"x80" Matrix grow tent and bought the recommended accessories, an 8" Booster Fan Inline Blower Exhaust Ducting Cooling Vent HPS, 25' of 8" non insulated Aluminum Ducting and 2 worm Clamps. Is there anything else that I would need besides the carbon filter, digital off/on timer, and a digital humidity/temperature gauge?

I'm sort of confused exactly on where I should place my inline fan. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Judging by this diagram, does the baby blue refer to placing the inline fan or would it be the yellow holes on top?

514ypZsJNWL.jpg

The baby blue would suggest that's where your 8" ducting runs through(can use whichever ones you want though), the inline fan itself is usually hung from support bars that come with your tent and run across the top of it. Generally where ever your door is, consider that your "front" so hang your exhaust at the "back/rear" from supports.

As to what you need, that's all based on how you grow, there's so many little things that vary based on soil/hydro/organic, so would need to know more about how you plan on growing to give a better idea of what you need

Ahh thanks for the great insight! Once I use up the rest of my FF soil I had planned to switch to Hydroton. Hoping 5% coco/perlite will be enough to help retain some water along with biobuckets so I don't have such a hard time.

I've never done hydro so I can't really say what you'll need for that.

Not really sure about your lighting, you didn't mention anything except HPS, I think you'll need MH as well with that, but you didn't seem to mention much on the lights, I use LED and I'm new to this as well, so don't have much info for you on the HID systems.

Couple things that come to mind;
What water will you be using? You'll most likely need PH/PPM tester, then PH adjuster
Adjustable grow light ropes
Nutes
Humidifier/De-Humidifier depending on temps/RH
Couple little fans to help strengthen the stems and provide circulation
Are you doing SCROG? Perhaps you'll need a screen
zip ties to help you run your cords and keep it neat

Just a few things off the top of my head, so much stuff is just based on your own personal preference

I've never done hydro so I can't really say what you'll need for that.

Not really sure about your lighting, you didn't mention anything except HPS, I think you'll need MH as well with that, but you didn't seem to mention much on the lights, I use LED and I'm new to this as well, so don't have much info for you on the HID systems.

Couple things that come to mind;
What water will you be using? You'll most likely need PH/PPM tester, then PH adjuster
Adjustable grow light ropes
Nutes
Humidifier/De-Humidifier depending on temps/RH
Couple little fans to help strengthen the stems and provide circulation
Are you doing SCROG? Perhaps you'll need a screen
zip ties to help you run your cords and keep it neat

Just a few things off the top of my head, so much stuff is just based on your own personal preference

Sorry for the late reply, I looked into the scrog that you mentioned and definitely going to try that out. The light is a 600W LED it's worked great for me in soil, but I've decided to go with a DWC (going to start off with just 2 5 gal buckets with 10" netpot lids).

Definitely going to have one in soil also just to compare as they are all the same strain (Gorilla Bomb). I've got everything in your list besides the dehumidifer couldn't afford it right now I'm hoping I can get away with not having one for the first week or two once everything arrives. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom