Heat issues arise - No pun intended

Dutchmasterj

Ok so this is my first post. However, I have read through quite a few threads and have tried various methods yet I cannot achieve my end goal so I'm looking for some advice. My tent size is 2x2x3 it's a small grow. I'll be utilizing scrog as well as topping them to maintain height. But my issue is HEAT. I'm running a 150w sunrise reflector hood with built in ballast. And 6, 65 real watt cfl. 4 way splitter and a 2 way splitter. I have 2 desktop fans inside one clipped on frame at bottom tent blowing up other on base stand by passive intake blowing on plants. I have a ventech VT IF4 4 inch inline fan pulling air from outside the tent while carbon scrubber is inside with 1 45° bend. The exhaust side has a 7 foot duct running to opposite side of room near window but exhausting in same room. Heat issues were a problem re circulation hot air in same room so I bought an ac unit. Not the tent is within 2 feet of window ac. 1 passive intake is open but temps remain at 79° about 7am and by 2pm they're around 88-92°. I also have a carpet drying fan at bottom passive intake blowing on low with a couple black carbon filter pads on screen to prevent light leak but also to decrease the velocity of the fan since even on low it's still powerful and that drops temps to 83-86F. I run ac 24/7 the inline fan exhaust 24/7 , and carpet drying fan 24/7. Carpet fan blew out the tent on any higher setting which brings temps to 78-80 but since there is no negative pressure the scrubber won't work in flower. I reduced to setting 1 and it's running 83-86 now. My question would be how to improve upon this setup.

Cliff notes:
2x2x3 ft grow tent.
1 exhaust port top tent. ( Ventech 4 in inline on top outside) from scrubber to inline about 3" of duct with 1 45° bend.
Ac unit 1 ft from top of tent.
1 carpet fan at bottom blowing in passive intake.
1 150hps and 6 65w cfl.
2 3 gall pots
2 desktop fans inside.
Temps average: 68-70° night with ac 24/7 fan 24/7 inline fan 24/7 day temps are 79-86° with the same things running. Trying to bring temps down with less electricity if possible. If I could rid myself of the carpet fan at passive intake level that'd be nice. I don't mind ac running. Before I moved tent to 1 ft away from ac it was originally about 8 ft away but room temps were at like 70 which made it freezing considering it's my game room. Moved it closer to block the ac but it keeps that portion of the room cold. Temps are the same if not slightly better since moving closer. Any help appreciated.

Nope, works just fine. Lots of negative pressure. I actually solved my problem though. After multiple trial and error over the course of like 4 days I can finally manage my heat. I can get it down as low as 70° midday with lights on now and a hell of a lot lower at night with lights out so I got to make sure not to make it to cold now. Thanks for the help though. This thread can be closed.

Back
Top Bottom