Rigging the in-line fan inside of a grow tent

Buddahbuds199

in my grow tent I have my in-line fan rigged up at the top with zip ties......yupp I said zip ties. There must be other ways to rig it up there
was wondering if you guys could share how are you have done it

I've got three inline fans, one in the tent, two just outside

They are hung with elastic rope to eliminate vibration

20170928_211523.jpg
20170928_201036.jpg
20170928_200403.jpg

Hehe mate one decent grow should pay for a tent no bother ;)

I had a similar issue when i tried fitting a vari-speed. I just rigged one using a regular light dimmer and that made a loud noise
Ended up burning out in a few hours

Guy at the shoo told me why the loud noise

The sine wave in ac electric is smooth at the top
The fan on full power runs smooth as it's powered by that sine wave

Regular dimmer switch just takes the top & bottom off that wave, squares it off kinda

The squared wave caused non smooth fan action hence the noise

You can buy smooth dimmers for fans but i ended up just removing the dimmer and throwing it

And money for the tent isnt an issue. Its the wife lol she has a huge fear of the grow being a fire hazard. So as of right now she wont let me grow in the house... im working on it lol. She tried to twll me i wasnt allowed to grow indoor at all ... that worked out great

Risk of fire from the actual lights in tent is minimal to zero ... It's just a bulb in a shade that's got nothing inflammable close to it

As long as you're sensible not to overload the mains circuit with too many electrical items then it's all very safe - in the UK the max power draw from a regular mains socket is 13A - just need to stay aware of what you're plugging in

Important for fire safety is tidyness of grow room - as long as there's not piles of boxes or other flammable stuff hanging about then it's all good - don't overload and keep it tidy and you will be safe ;) my missus worried about that sorta thing but she's ok now she knows it's safe

Back
Top Bottom