My new grow space

Guy Cavallero

Those of you who know me and have been following my journals, welcome this is basically the continuation of what I had somewhat started in my second journal for the construction of my new space. Along with the advice of a couple of friends, I have decided to make this a separate Journal.

My new grow space is going to be approximately 5' × 12' and is actually a hidden section in the back of my workshop. The workshop, the shed and our new outdoor living space are only just starting as we speak. Yesterday I laid down the filter cloth in the backyard so that I can start with the construction of the floating deck that has been to be the foundation for these spaces. I would have preferred to do a concrete slab, but due to just spending over 60k on our renovation of the home, budget trumps the ideal situation in order to get this in by winter. I'm hesitant to attach any pictures of the space as it sits, so I will not.

The entire Construction, will take up approximately 14 x 30 in my backyard, I'm lucky to have no neighbors behind. I'm also lucky to have already spoken with the neighbors on both sides and they are cool with the renovations that we have done on the house and are going to continue to do in the backyard. They understand that as we improve the home, it can only increase their property value as well.

The floors, walls and ceilings will all be insulated using fiberglass insulation as well as reflective Tyvek and roxul. I was lucky enough to score all of the landscape quality filter cloth, wiring, the lighting and the insulation from a friend who was saving it for his own hunt camp but has recently changed his mind and decided to give it up.....to me! The walls will be to 2X6 and the roof will be 2x10 construction to give me tons of opportunity for insulation. Everything that I can build in, will be built in, including a ented space for a generator that can be reverse wired in case the power goes out for my grow space and my home.

I'm building the space to be as quiet, as efficient and as professional as possible so please if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. As I said, budget is obviously a large part of this but I'm not stupid and I will do things right the first time. Obviously there will be the usual things such as charcoal filters, running water, cable TV and WiFi, lol. I'm a cabinet maker so I will be building in plenty of storage, a nice working surface, minimum 5 X5 sealed area for growing as well as my wall cabinet for veg and a dedicated seedling area as well. This is also one of the main reasons why I purchased my second intenze grow 800..... these two should kick ass in here.

60k spent and your spending the change on a 14x30 "construction"! Sweetest Jesus! I'm subbin up. By the way, any chance of a fiver?!!!

Thanks everyone for stopping by,

Im no pro, never will be, but I have learned a pile since I joined up and Im eager to get this project done (only all of you would understand this, lol) as I havent started any seeds and have no clones on the go. Funny Ive got more traffic on this single post than my whole grow.....both of them, lmao...... that being said, the space is marked out, the filter cloth is down and installed and the floor frame is being worked on as we speak.

Watching! Nice too meet you.
Welcome Jay.....to the best forum online. I see you're new, please don't be afraid to ask questions. Some of the most important and yet simplist things I've learned along the way have come from other people's questions.

Pulling up a chair!
Thanks Peeece, will do one of these at your place after LOL.....Let's iron out the bugs here 1st. (No pun intended Stank, lol.)

60k spent and your spending the change on a 14x30 "construction"! Sweetest Jesus! I'm subbin up. By the way, any chance of a fiver?!!!
SureThirsty, next time I'm in the Isles, I'll shoot you a msg lol. It's not so much the " change", as the recently made and not yet made money lol. Our budget for the reno was saved up, this is an as we go kinda situation. We just put one kid in college and just finished an 11 month renovation. As my friend flytier said, all of the items that I got for free where a complete score.

Look forward to seeing how this build goes, a purpose built grow space is my ultimate goal. Good luck dude !
Thanks for stopping by Wounded, mine too lol.

Sub'd and I get to pick my seat. Pays off to be early!! Lets do this Guy!
Always good to have you brother. See anything that needs attention. ....please point it out to me.
I gotta see this, sounds pretty spanky.
Same with you Scrog, you've been here I'm sure. Point shit out, I'm totally open ( within reason, lol) to suggestions.

If any of the site sponsors want to offer a product to be built into this grow, I can promote the hell out of it for you, lmao. I've got the help/guidance of some pretty awesome growers on here.

Any seats left in the front? Either way I'm here. I just thought of this the other day. During winter I'm going to vent grow room into the shop for some heat. Have you thought where to place your vent holes? If your not doing sealed and going to bring in fresh air how about through the roof? They'll blend in with the building like they belong.

Any seats left in the front? Either way I'm here. I just thought of this the other day. During winter I'm going to vent grow room into the shop for some heat. Have you thought where to place your vent holes? If your not doing sealed and going to bring in fresh air how about through the roof? They'll blend in with the building like they belong.
Definitely, always enough room for my good friends on the first page LOL.

I haven't thought about the logistics of it yet, more so about space issues. Funny you run into space issues before you even started the construction LOL. Your idea about venting out of the roof is a great one, I want to have a couple of vents in the roof anyways definitely for the shop area to help remove any fumes while we are running and tuning 2 strokes LMAO. My brother mentioned to me to definitely not vent out of the wall at a low location, you will end up with stalagmites of ice forming down to the ground and being a dead giveaway to anybody behind. Definitely like the rate that the drawings in designer refilled. Everything is looking like it's has its place and that this is going to be very efficient.

Back
Top Bottom