Mdf238

Hi everyone, I'm stuck between options on a grow tent setup. Don't know if it even matters anyways. But I've grown a few times already in my 4x4 tent using plastic pots with decent results. Now I have a 3 foot kiddie pool that fits perfect in my tent, but here's the deal. The pots are deeper than the pool, but the pool holds more dirt than all the pots together. And I really have some good dirt already in the pool from some summer vegetables. Anyone know if it would be any different to trade my pots for the pool? My setup is a 4x4 grow tent with 600w mh/hps combo. Plan to grow some cks candy cane auto. Advice on that would be nice too! I'll take any advice you wanna throw out there.

I wouldn't ever do that personally. You wouldn't be able to take them out to look at. Can't pick up the pool to see if it needs watering etc...

Use your normal pots for those CC's!

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't planned on taking the plants out to look at... Except harvest time which may be something to keep in mind. And as far as runoff, I've already got holes in the pool I put there when I grew vegetables in it outside. Don't think that would be a problem. My main concern is how much root depth vs width matters... The pots are deeper, but the pool would be wider and could hold more dirt. You may be right though. I'm just getting facts straight before I start this grow. But thanks again for the input. I promise I'm not just brushing your suggestions off to the side. If I can get pics later I'll try to show you what I got going on.

Back
Top Bottom