Odor control without carbon filter or extraction fan

Skullman420

My friend have started a small closet grow. He doesn't know what he's doing just like most of us when we first got started.

I tried to talk with him about odour control yesterday. He didn't think about that part at all. It seems we can't drill holes for ventilation as it's a rented apartment. So no way to put the air out.

So i was wondering if anyone have any other ideas how to keep odours from escaping. He's gonna get caught in approx 3-4 weeks unless he does something

You can use a ozone generator. But I’ve heard carbon filters are the way to go.
Ozone generators can be harmful if not used properly.

yes, Tgrow is absolutely on point, a carbon filter is the only way to go best investment of my whole entire grow hands down. i have 7 plants in flower right now inside a tent that is in a walk in closet. im also renting so i cannot put holes in the walls either, so i just set the filter and fan right outside the tent and ran the ducting thru the top of the tent to suck the air and odor out. i just put an odor eating non scented gel air freshener inside the filter and the air gets vented right back into the closet thru the filter. i of course have a fan circulating inside the closet and tent. i keep the filter fan on low and when u walk in the closet u cant smell any hint of the 7 plants.(i suggest if u do buy a carbon filter make sure u get one with speed control if u are concerned with noise) ive also heard that u can also just duct tape the fan to the filter and place it in the room and just turn it on without any ducting and it works. but i vent the filtered air right inside the closet and everything is good so far. my plants are fine and the smell is completely undetectable. i have a 6inch fan and filter and you cant even tell 7 plants are flowering inside my closet even if u were standing in it. u wont need a filter till you reach flowering, thru the veg phase scented candles or odor control gels in the room (outside ur growspace of course!!!) did the trick for me, even with 7 plants. bottom line, if ur doing just a small grow u dont need to vent the air outside, u can vent it right into ur room or closet as long as ur using a decent and proper size fan/filter. hope u guys get thru ur dilemma

I'll try to tell him. If he refuses to listen i just take that lamp with me back home. I dont want my friend to go to prison just for not listening.

I tried to get away with not using a filter when I was growing a single plant in a modified bin. It stank out the entire house by the end of flower. My friend got caught and lost his setup and 3 Blue Dream plants that were nearly ready because the fuzz happened to catch a whiff outside his front door, no prison but now he's afraid to grow until he's moved.

Lesson learned. If you have a spare lamp. Don't let a friend borrow it to get started with the growing. Because of

"No, small won't be a problem"

Fuck you! I grown all those strains. I'm the one who gave you your clones and seeds. If i tell you the entire neighbourhood will smell your grow, that's the way it is going to be. Get a carbon filter! Drill a hole in your door

"I can't afford it"

Well. Then you can't afford to grow either and especially not with my expensive LED

Diy carbon filter... they are not expensive... and maybe a sheet of plywood with the hole in it for the vent. Sounds better then going to prison... i grew one plant in my apartment years ago... as soon as you got off the elevator the entire floor stank... probably the only thing that saved me cause they coulsnt tell wher eit was xoming from

420-magazine-mobile768141578.jpg

Does he have these?? If so razor the pain around the outside. Use a screwdriver to pry out if done gently and slowly no damage

Put ducting through.. seal with a sheet ect

420-magazine-mobile1324701451.jpg

Once grows finished just push back into place and presto no one knows and no damage

Still need the carbon filter

You can use things like ONO gel which is designed to attached itself to smell molecules and changes them to the smell of the gell - or something like that. I wouldnt use in the same room as the plant but possibly the hallway or something.

But these guys are right and you need ventilation system not just for smell but to replenish the air so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom