Unique way to vent grow room for no odor detection

Dragon king

I have a grow room in my basement with and use a heavy duty exhaust fan with a 4" discharge. I removed the sewer cleanout cover in my basement, extended a 4" plastic pipe from the cleanout to two feet above the floor and attached the fan discharge to the pipe. All the smell from my grow room gets discharged into the city sewer system. Problem solved.

Pot odor is diluted with the sewer smell, Been doing this for 12 years with no problem. As far as cops with their infrared cameras, pumping exhaust into the sewer will show no heat signature like the exhaust from a carbon filter discharging through a house wall. I agree, carbon filters do work, I just like hiding the heat signature as welll

Pot odor is diluted with the sewer smell, Been doing this for 12 years with no problem. As far as cops with their infrared cameras, pumping exhaust into the sewer will show no heat signature like the exhaust from a carbon filter discharging through a house wall. I agree, carbon filters do work, I just like hiding the heat signature as welll
Just an fyi drgon air does not move downhill with the sewage, the hot gases will rise. That skunky sewer gas is most likely exhausting thru your roof via the vent stack for all the drain and waste sewer pipes.

Just an fyi drgon air does not move downhill with the sewage, the hot gases will rise. That skunky sewer gas is most likely exhausting thru your roof via the vent stack for all the drain and waste sewer pipes.

The fan discharges in front of a backwater valve so the air can not blow back up my stack. no heat signature. The fan blows at such a high rate that the air is forced in to the sewer system where the suction from the water flow pulls the air down line.

... that's fucking brilliant lol you sir... deserve a medal

Nice to meet you Budz, thank you for your comment. My dad was a plumber and the Idea came to me while helping him on a sewer replacement from the house to the street. I noticed a steady suction on the street side of the sewer from the water flow on the main street line, this suction carries back through the house to the stack in the house. The stack will let out a puff of air when you flush a toilet but when the water flows down the stack the air is sucked in or the water will not flow, like putting your finger over a straw with liquid in it, that is what a stack is there for. By pumping exhaust down the sewer you solve two problems, heat signature and smell. All house fixtures have traps on them to stop sewer smell from coming back into the house. As for smell coming from the sewer main, it will never happen, and would not smell like anything you would want to smoke anyways, and even if it did, what house is it coming from out of the whole neighborhood. So that is the mechanics behind it.

Take care
Ciao

Back
Top Bottom