Ventilation for LED set up

Mike711

What type of ventilation set up would i need for a 10x11 room running 5 1200w full spectrum LED lights with about 26 plants? I understand that the light emitted from the LEDs produces about 90% less heat so I'm figuring it would be more for just circulating the stale air into fresh air. Any thoughts are welcome...

The basic formula is LXWXH to get the cubic volume of the space. You typically want an air change every 3 - 5 minutes to get lots of O2 to the plants.

So 10X11X8 = 880 / 3 or 880 / 5 = 293 cfm to 176 cfm.

LED lights do add heat, just not as much as HID. To reduce noise, go to a bigger size so you can add a multi-speed controller & run at a low speed.

Ian

Mike , you can look up the BTU value of your leds or ask the manufacturer .

What are your outside temps? heat insulation of the room ? some heat will dissipate thru walls .

If you live in cold climate I would start with 1600cfm fan+filter ... if hot climate I would go with a big AC unit an closed room + CO2

Mike , you can look up the BTU value of your leds or ask the manufacturer .

What are your outside temps? heat insulation of the room ? some heat will dissipate thru walls .

If you live in cold climate I would start with 1600cfm fan+filter ... if hot climate I would go with a big AC unit an closed room + CO2

I’m in the Bay Area. The climates wierd, not sure what to classify as. It stays generally 70-85. No heat insulation in walls at all, pretty much just frame work with the inside drywalled. It’s a extra garage bedroom. What would you suggest?

Back
Top Bottom