Titan Controls Mercury 4 info

Droopydroors

Here is just a little info that someone might find helpful. I just got in the Titan Controls Mercury 4 and while it's just an amazing piece of equipment for circulation and temp control my fan is a piece of shit!! Well actually it's not the fan it's the stupid speed controller they put inline with the fan. It's a Vivosun and the speed controller WAS built in but when I hooked it up to the Mercury 4 the idle speed was so little the fan was humming and hardly spinning. Soooooo my brain said TAKE THAT SPEED CONTROL OUT OF THAT S.O.B., so I did. Needless to say it's working great now. When I set the idle speed at around 30-60% it's still causing negative pressure and the fan is no longer humming! So anyone with a Vivosun ,or I would imagine any fan with an inline speed controller built in, do yourself a favor and remove the shitty speed controller!! It is very simple. Take the 4 screws out the back of the controller, take off controller knob by pulling, you will see the green and white wires running straight thru and the black wire is soldered to the board on both ends. Just cut the black wires from the board, set the controller to the side or throw it away, take skin off both ends of the black wire and either twist or solder them together. Either shrink wrap or electrical tape and your done. You now have a fan that runs as it should with a good controller.

Back
Top Bottom