New member - First grow tent - In need of serious assistance

CaliSlugga

Was informed today...that our local ordinance will now require that personal grows now take place inside. Being disabled..and relying on the sun for light has been my only experience growing cannabis. I only require to grow about 3 to 4 autos at a time..then switch to 2 to 3 main plants. My budget will be around 500 bucks....disabled veteran here and on a budget..so can't afford a ton of fancy equipment just the basics...was wondering if someone here could bear with my ignorant on this topic and help me get started. I figure a 3x3 tent would suffice for my small requirements. Just looking to be consistent. Thanks...

Vivosun tent, I have a 4x4 and works great. But they have quite a few sizes to choose from And it's on Amazon. Personally I like LED lights because they run cooler and if they're 3w or 5w LEDs then they'll be super bright. I bought a 600w viparapectra LED on Amazon. It is like the minimum wattage for a 4x4 tent so a 3x3 would be filled to the max with light. Depending on size you'll want an exhaust fan and carbon filter setup. Do some price research on Amazon and you can find all that for about your price range. Granted there's more for indoor growing but those three to me are the big three initially needed.

Here's what I'm referring to and the pricing on Amazon.

420-magazine-mobile365506187.jpg

Thank you. This was all thrown at my cities residents yesterday by the mayor..who let it slip before a vote has even been cast nonetheless, that they are going to require indoor grows. It's a shame. Being a patient..it is necessary money wise to grow a portion of my own during the year to reduce money spent. This will help a great deal..thank you very much. I was very concerned about the lighting as I have just used the sun before as my light. Wasn't sure if I needed 600 or what.

Thank you. This was all thrown at my cities residents yesterday by the mayor..who let it slip before a vote has even been cast nonetheless, that they are going to require indoor grows. It's a shame. Being a patient..it is necessary money wise to grow a portion of my own during the year to reduce money spent. This will help a great deal..thank you very much. I was very concerned about the lighting as I have just used the sun before as my light. Wasn't sure if I needed 600 or what.
No worries! Thats what these forums are for. I mean you don't need the carbon filter if smell isn't an issue and just get an exhaust fan and some 6 inch ducting. Amazon is packed with cool gadgets and stuff for growing and most are good price.

Hi how are you?? Dude there is so much equipment now it will make your head spin. I grow in a 2×3ft closet. And I found my girl dying so needed stuff that works and proven. So did a few videos on YouTube and came out with a light for £108 maizhi 600w and found some people and got donations of equipment. IV spent around £300 and now own two 600w lights

Vivosun tent, I have a 4x4 and works great. But they have quite a few sizes to choose from And it's on Amazon. Personally I like LED lights because they run cooler and if they're 3w or 5w LEDs then they'll be super bright. I bought a 600w viparapectra LED on Amazon. It is like the minimum wattage for a 4x4 tent so a 3x3 would be filled to the max with light. Depending on size you'll want an exhaust fan and carbon filter setup. Do some price research on Amazon and you can find all that for about your price range. Granted there's more for indoor growing but those three to me are the big three initially needed.

I can vouch for that company man no need to downed big bucks when vivosun does the job .

I can vouch for that company man no need to downed big bucks when vivosun does the job .

Yeah, works great for me. Minimal light leaks at the zippers. I wanna get another viparspectra to fill out the tent for flowering more. There's another brand I've been seeing pop up on some grows, the meizhi brand led panels. As far as I can see it's the best light for your buck besides building your own. Solid construction, good penetration and par charts look promising and spectrum is not half bad either. May get one and try it out on my next run.

Take a look at cobs or Quantum boards. Go to Timber grow lights to get an idea. There are light manufacturers everywhere. Depending on your scenario, they may give you the best bang for you buck. You can buy a cheap tent, but think hard on your light. Figure out how much you can spend, and dont go over. But this single item is the most important piece you will buy. I'm not sure what you have to work with, just look at them.

Take a look at cobs or Quantum boards. Go to Timber grow lights to get an idea. There are light manufacturers everywhere. Depending on your scenario, they may give you the best bang for you buck. You can buy a cheap tent, but think hard on your light. Figure out how much you can spend, and dont go over. But this single item is the most important piece you will buy. I'm not sure what you have to work with, just look at them.
Seriously. Check this out.

Go to Horticultural Lighting Group. Look at their kits. Look at the 135 watt Quantum board for $185. It's not the last word in power, but it I truly believe you would have a very hard time finding better at that price point.

Now, it IS a kit. It takes some assembly. I've never put something like this together, but I hear its fairly easy. If this is a problem for you, talk to them. Most places that sell this sort of thing will assemble for a fee.

I hope this helps. If i run across something better than that i will definitely give you a heads up. But, i think most will agree, at that price point it's an asskicker

Thank you Stloed. We are happy to assist the OP with any questions about our lights, or COBs/LEDs in general.

Back
Top Bottom