Madge - Mad Science Lab - Grow Room Setup

madge

Hi all, first grow, first post but enjoy following this community so decided to register and share with everyone and continue to learn so much from the great people here on these forums! I have already learned so much from reading around the site.

I am a patient who suffers from Anxiety and this dang hobby doesn't seem to be helping! LOL I seem to worry more about my plants now than anything else in life (like I thought I had a hermie today! False Alarm...), but at the end of the day I certainly enjoy it and have found great help from my meds. Maybe as I share some of my story along my journey this great community will help me along and hopefully one day I can share some wisdom as a way of saying thank you to those who came before me.

Now let's get on with the show. I am very new to all of this. Once I had found out that Cannabis actually helped minimize my symptoms I knew that I would need to become self sufficient as I knew that long term ROI was important. My mother is also a patient. Paper work in hand I began my journey.

My room is in the basement of our house and is locked separately from the rest of the house, I chose this area as it has an old 8" chimney which was disconnected but would vent directly outside above the roof line.

The rooms are sectioned off into 4 areas. Main area is affectionately called the lab with three rooms along the wall. Two 4ftx4ft x 7.5ft rooms; one not setup yet but can be a mother room, drying room or even another Flower room if I ever needed it. The third room is 3.5ft by 5ft and is currently my veg room which has the chimney exhaust.

Now we all love Photos so grab my visitors "rollie" chair (wheels not a joint, although that's a great idea too) and let's go for a tour.

This is my "lab". I have been using this space to work on plants outside of the lights, mix nutrients etc. I also love to just chill on my laptop while I medicate. This was one of the reasons I built this space as it is under negative pressure and exhaust is sent outside. Helps keep my significant other off my back from fumes of my vape.
DSCN007013.JPG

Here I have my nutrients, feed charts and notes on the walls.
DSCN007118.JPG

Medication within easy reach.
DSCN007314.JPG

Water reservoir stores water from the RO system in the kitchen. I am getting pH 6.0 with EC 0.0 straight out of the RO system.
DSCN007413.JPG

Float valve in the tank keeps it topped off. Manual shut off on the back
DSCN007516.JPG

Lambert LM3 (similar to ProMix) suplmented with an additional 3L of perillite per what ever that container holds...
DSCN007611.JPG

Extra room being used to store boxes and other junk. This is what I picked up for Flowering. a 315W CMH 3000K bulb.
DSCN007712.JPG

Back wall with printouts of cannabis defficiencies. Door to Flowering room, wanna peak inside?
DSCN007814.JPG

Ohhh, a couple of CKS Northern Lights Autoflower which are into their 4th Week of Flowering. I will add a grow journal after to share my progress with others. You can see the 315W CMH lamp
DSCN007910.JPG

Oscillating fan pointed between lamp and canopy
DSCN008013.JPG

Cool Mist humidifier, temporary pile of cords and timers...
DSCN008114.JPG

Another CKS NL Auto I am playing with in DWC. Severely stunted during transition from Soil to DWC as this was an afterthought experiment. I learned a lot already about it... LIKE PH DAILY! LOL
DSCN008317.JPG

The two ladies, topped once and a little LST resulting in I think some nice colas for a first ever grow.
DSCN008410.JPG

WeMos D1 Mini WiFi Arduino with a DHT22 Temp/Humidity sensor. Logging data to a Raspberry Pi. Yep, Mad Science Laboratory!
DSCN008516.JPG

To the right of the Flower room is my Veg room hidden in the corner.
DSCN008615.JPG

Mmmmm Purple... I love the CMH light color so much better than these LEDs...
DSCN008715.JPG

As mentioned above, Lambert LM3 Soilless Potting Mix
DSCN008814.JPG

Temporary fan pulling hot air from Flower room into Veg for "reuse" before being exhausted outside.
DSCN008913.JPG

Small 4" Oscillation Fan for circulation pointed at plants on the far side of the room. Timers and the like hanging from the roof, still need to figure out something more permanent...
DSCN009015.JPG

DIY Areo Ponics cloner. Have not cloned yet... waiting on something photoperiod to come of my seedlings.
DSCN009113.JPG

I had these lights I had purchased for photography, I used them for like 20 hours of video. They are 5500K 60W bulbs (actual 60W, or more like 55W but close enough). Planning to use these in some form when cloning since I had them just lying around anyways.
DSCN009212.JPG

So this is my chimney exhaust. I just threw a muffin fan I had lying around in there but it seems to be working well for me so far.
DSCN009311.JPG

In the far corner here you can see my DIY coffee can Carbon Filter. 4" ducting and made with some corrugated metal garbage cans from the dollar store which I cut up.
DSCN009416.JPG

OK, some photos of some of the seedlings I am playing with. I want to try and find something which I can continue to grow and works for my needs. Will see how that goes and yes, I know it will take some time and experimenting.
DSCN009512.JPG

Side shot of the seedlings and a few Autoflowers in veg. getting ready once my other two are out of the Flower room.
DSCN009613.JPG

And finally here is a shot of my insecticidal soap and Diameteus (howerever you spell that) Soap.
DSCN009713.JPG

If you made it this far I am hoping that you might let me know if I am missing something or if anything pops up as out of the ordinary like my silly idea of re-using the hot air from Flower to heat Veg room as it is pretty cold down here. This seems to keep my rooms as follows.

Flower Canopy between 62 low at night and 78 high during lights on with a typical 76 degrees.
Veg room between 65 and 80 but typically is around 75 degrees.

Anyways, feel free to stick around and shoot the breeze if you like.

Madge

nice setup

I would try to keep the lower temp a bit higher , 62f =16c .. you can get bud rot , or stress the girls , +2...3 c is not that hard to achieve or expensive.

I don't get the diy carbon filter and anxiety ... a carbon filter is dirt cheap and with a chimney you don't know if it actually works or you're stinking up the hood :)

Back
Top Bottom