Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 Gallon plastic

• 7 Gallon fabric

• Total voters

Tgrow

420 Member
Hey guys, been a long time lurker. Now Ive finally got my first indoor grow going (about 3rd altogether) and looking forward to sharing info with eachother.

So I have a 3X3 (to be exact 3'3"x3'3") grow tent with 400W (wall watts) of Vero 29 led's and ill supplement lighting at the bottoms of the plants in flower with about 150W of CFL's. This is for 4 plants that I will be mainlining in Pro-Mix. I will also be using AN's line of nutrients.

I was planning on either going with 5 gallon regular plastic pots or 7 gallon fabric pots and I'm wondering if I'm going over-kill on the pot sizes?

Thanks for any input.

I'm using a 3x3 tent too, though I'm not sure what size the pots are gallon wise. I chose 250mm pots for my setup because I've got a 2x2 veg tent and I can just fit 4x 250mm pots in there before they get transferred to the 3x3 tent to flower. For me, bigger pots would fill out the flower tent more but I wouldn't be able to fit them into the veg tent beforehand. 4 plants in a 3x3 is about right space-wise however the 250mm pots in a 3x3 gives me the option of putting in up to 9 plants. In the end that's why I decided on the pot size that I did because they would fit in both the veg tent and flower tent and although I'd aim for 4 plants flowering at a time I have the option to go up to 9.

The difference between fabric and plastic is a different story, there should be a few threads around here from people who use them and what they think of them. As for the pot size go by what you think will fill out your space best. Do you want fewer but bigger plants? Go for bigger pots. Do you want to be able to fit more in or atleast have the option of fitting more in, then go for the medium sized pots. Use the smaller pots for seedlings and vegging, not for flowering. 5 gallon should be fine to flower. Bigger pots means bigger plants, but that's also greatly dependent on your grow skill.

Thank you for the reply, but that answer is fairly open ended and unclear...which my question basically asked for either a A or B answer.

Take the poll, if it were you with 4 plants in a 3x3 grow, which size of the 3 choices would you choose?

Actually on closer inspection it looks like you chose 5 gallon pots as your final answer lol.

+rep for you, thank you

Yes I am starting to think the 7 gallon idea is overkill.

Why I was thinking 7G is because I just transplanted my plants in to 3 gallons.

I’m not even finished topping them for the mainlining, so they still need to grow a fair amount before I flip to 12/12.

They are only 5”-6” tall but that’s because I’ve been topping.

Back
Top Bottom