Flooring for grow rooms

bluelake

Hi All,

We are setting up a grow that will have about 5000 sqft (veg and flower), and the space currently just has a concrete floor. We're wondering if there is a better type of floor coating we should consider.

Our local flooring store has come out, and is doing some investigating for us, but they haven't seen many of these yet. The current thought is that most types of adhesive are probably not a good idea, and that we need to be concerned about "off gassing".

Googling has given a couple possibilities:
HP Spartacote Polyaspartic Flooring in a Grow Room | HP Spartacote
Cannabis Grow Facility | Floor Contractor

But before going too far down this rabbit hole, wondering if anyone out there has used products like these, or has advice. Functionally we don't have a problem with just leaving the floor as bare concrete, so our interest is primarily with possible reflectivity and better sanitary conditions.

Any epoxy floor paint (the stuff people paint their garage floors with) that is white will provide both moisture resistance and would be reflective or you could just use grating. Your main concern for flooring for a grow room this big should be moisture control, your yields will hardly be affected by the floor reflecting light but can be devastated by mold.

You could pay a company big money to do it or you can buy 20 cans of the paint from home depot and have it done in an afternoon and pay a couple of guys with pizza some beer and a couple of bowls.

I'll check my buddy runs a 150 sq ft flower room 5000 sq ft is a warehouse..... I agree rip off the south facing roof. Assuming you're in the northern hemisphere.

A white paint is all you need. Don't over think it.... spend those thousands on a co2 gen. And if you really have that much money to spare I would just set it aside for now. You never know the improvements and upgrades you may want to make in 6 months. Or what about unforseen expenses....

I would buy a ppfd reader. Make 1 by 1 squares painted in different white flooring paints. And test the reflectivity of different options.

Even lining the rows between plants with panda plastic would make a noticeable increase in light retention, imo.

I would use an epoxy garage floor covering in white. Very durable, non-slip, easy to keep clean. Shouldn't be any off-gassing once cured.

Back
Top Bottom