Grow tent setup

eHuman

420 Member
After research and thought, I am planning on buying:

A 4'x2'x7' grow tent.
Two (2), Mars Hydro 300w led fixtures. Each one centered in each 2'x2' area.
A 4" carbon filter for odor control, and matching size 220CFM inline duct fan.
Possibly a couple of small internal fans to keep the girls waving at me.

I plan to scrog to maximize lateral space.

I would like your thoughts on how many plants, and pot size.

I was thinking on 4 plants total and 5 gallon pots for final transplant. This would give 12"x24" per pant to fill in.
This would allow me to grow 1 strain in each 1/2 section as long as they have similar characteristics.

Another option is 3 plants, 1 strain, spread evenly across.

Are fabric pots as beneficial growing MJ indoors, as they are growing tomatoes outdoors?

I realize that I "could" cram eight, 5-gallon pots in there, but seeds aren't cheap.

Would you go with one of the two scenarios above?
Or do you have another idea on maximizing harvest in the space I have?

If I went with 2 plants, each one centered under its own fixture, what size of a final pot would maximize my efforts? 5gal, 7gal, 10gal?

And are the fabric pots efficient in a cabinet grow? Or should I stick with plastic pots?

I've done 5 plants very easily in my 2x4 tent, 3 and 5gal, all fabric pots when I do soil

But depends on what yer hoping for in the end. I was strain hunting but if you know exactly what u want to grow, less a d bigger can work fine

I've done 5 plants very easily in my 2x4 tent, 3 and 5gal, all fabric pots when I do soil

But depends on what yer hoping for in the end. I was strain hunting but if you know exactly what u want to grow, less a d bigger can work fine
Five plants single row in a straight line, or staggered?

Five plants single row in a straight line, or staggered?
Staggered,

Lots of room in it if needed, again, just depends on what you want as an outcome

I'd also recommend a 6" fan, I have a speed control so can turn it down in veg..and crank it in Florida for smell..

I do prefer the fabric pots...they work great

I've read that people use the 6" fan and carbon scrubber for a 4'x4' tent, and the 4" set up in a 2'x4' tent.

I'm already over budget (haven't bought anything yet) but can't afford to get the lighting or scrubber wrong.

Back
Top Bottom