JuustJ's new design for a true Aeroponic tent set up & build

Juustj

Afternoon everyone,

So after thinking I was growing aeroponically all this time I have come to find out what I was really doing was more of a mister / ebbnflow system. Using spray tips from the local hydro shop and a tray and buckets with the "misters" spraying the roots and then collecting the run off and recirculating it. pretty much any of the DIY tub systems you find online.

After a ton of reading, alot of it the same shit just someone else posting someone else s research, I have come to the conclusion that it should be possible for a 3x3 to 5x5 tent system that allows either all the plants going in at once for flower or a rotation.

So heres the basic "base" i have come up with, this would be for a 3x3 growing area as mine is bigger than that but less that 4x4.

It would includes:
A base that would allow:
The root system to hang freely
Preset locations for misters (4 per plant), Humidity (2) and temp sensors (2) in the root area.
Over flow drain to monitor run off, if the humidity is collecting on the surfaces which I am planing for it to happen
Track system that would allow the lid to rotate freely on the base.
so far it would look something like this:
base1_v2.jpg

currently looking into a prototype setup to test the idea, Its not going to be pretty

Lid (still in design)
Would allow for either 3 or 4 grow sites, Probably gonna be 3 for my area, but after i lay it all out I might have room for 4 with the screen hanging out of the edge of the lid to fill the whole space I have.
The other half of the track system to allow me to spin the plants around the grow area.
A way to secure the trellis netting and "cage" so they all spin together. Sitting on the lid at the bearing locations to distribute weight.

Control System:
Needs to monitor the root chamber and the canopy for temps, and humidity. I am figuring 3 minimum of each possibly 4. 2 inside the chamber, 1 at the base of the plant, at least temp, and one for the "room"
The system would need to be able to control at least 2 lights.
Be able to kick on pump when humidity dropped <XX% and turned them off at XX%, or temps exceeded XX in root chamber. this will get rid of the on for xx secs off for xx mins and should really limit the amount of solution required for the flower phase as the waste wouldn't be there.
Would be able to control a servo box for 2-3 selections of nuts, would draw from one reservoir during day and another at night. I have been reading that plants in flower only absorb some chemicals at night. I am currently working on this duel feed system for my current plants.

Thats where I am at at the moment, Chime in if you got some ideas on design or system setup

Back
Top Bottom