First grow shopping list 5 x 5 hydroponic LED tent help

Mariano Gomes

So this is what I came up with researching for a week I need to cut costs though so any suggestions for different products btw I live by the equator so our problem here is heat and high humidity. P.S. I copied and pasted this from amazon sorry for the stuff with underlines and different colors for some reason the forum won't let me properly change the format. TY.

Grow Tent:
Apollo Horticulture 60"x60"x80" Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing

Lights:
2 x Morsen 2000W Double Chips LED Grow Light Full Spectrum 200x10W Grow Lamp for Greenhouse Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower (10w Leds)

100 Watt UVA UVB Mercury Vapor Bulb / Lamp / Light for Reptile and Amphibian Use - Excellent UVA UVB Reptile Light / Reptile Bulb

Measuring and testing units:
PH Meter with Automatic Calibration, 7Pros High Accuracy Pen Type Water Quality Tester, 6 pH Buffer Powder Packets, Best Tool for Testing PH of Fish Tank, Pool, Pond, Kombucha, Wine and Drinking Water

AcuRite 00613 Humidity Monitor with Indoor Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer and Humidity Gauge Indicator

HM Digital AP-1 AquaPro Water Quality Total Dissolved Solids Tester, 0-5000 ppm TDS Range, 1 ppm Resolution, +/- 2% Readout Accuracy (Magnetic Body)

HM Digital 1000ppm TDS Calibration Solution

Grow medium:
HTG Supply Bubble Brothers 6-Site DWC Hydroponic System

Hydroponic nutrients:
General Hydroponics FloraGro, FloraBloom, FloraMicro Combo Fertilizer set + 1oz Rapidstart (Quarts)

General Hydroponics CALiMAGic Quart

Botanicare LIQUID KARMA Plant Growth Enhancer Supplement 0.1-0.1-0.5 Formula, 1-Quart

Botanicare HYDROGUARD Bacillus Root Inoculant, 1-Quart

Miscelanous:
Grower's Edge Green Twist Tie Dispenser w/ Cutter - 164 ft (6/Cs)

Zip Ties, 500 Pcs Adjustable Durable Self locking Black Nylon Zip Cable Ties for Home Office Garage Workshop Heavy Duty

3 x Apollo Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger w/ Improved Metal Internal Gears

TERAPUMP TRHD03 2D Battery Operated Liquid, Gas, Water Transfer Pump w/Auto-Stop System (Leak protection)and Buzzer

Automation:
Autopilot TM01015 Analog Grounded Timer, 1725W, 15A, 15 Minute On/Off, 24 Hour15 Grounded Timer, 15 Amp, 1725 Watt

Urban Farmer Weekly 7 Day Programmable Dual Outlet Digital Timer

Inkbird Itc-308 Digital Temperature Controller Outlet Thermostat, 2-stage, 1100w, w/ Sensor

Grozone Control TP3 High Temperature Shut-Off Tempstat

Temperature and humidity control:
hOmeLabs 9 Gallon (70 Pint) Dehumidifier Energy Star Safe Mid Size Portable Dehumidifiers for Basements Large Rooms up to 4000 Sq Ft with Fan Wheels and Drain Hose Outlet to Remove Odor and Allergens

Scent control:
Phresh 701005 Carbon Air Filter, 6 by 16-Inch, 400 CFM

Active Air 400 CFM Inline Fan, 6-Inch

iPower 6 Inch 25 Feet Air Ducting Dryer Vent Hose for HVAC Ventilation, 2 Clamps included

Active Air ACSC Duct Fan Speed Adjuster

Drying and curing:
Boveda 62-Percent RH 2-Way Humidity Control, 8 gram - 10 Pack

Caliber IV Digital Hygromter by Western Humidor

SHINE HAI Professional Hand Pruner Bypass Pruning Shears with Safety Lock, Tree Trimmers Secateurs, Garden Shears, Clippers for the Garden

Fiskars Softouch Micro-Tip Pruning Snip

Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-300)

Cloning and seedling:
General Hydroponics Rapid Rooter Replacement Plugs 50 count

Cloning Kit: Cut Kit Tray 11" x 21", 72 Cell Tray, Humidity Dome 7.5", Rapid Rooter 50 Plugs, Clonex Rooting Gel 100 ml + Twin Canaries Chart

We already dicussed lights.

Tent looks fine and seems you got most covered, I don't know a lot about hydro so that's for someone else to answer.

When heat and humidity is an issue maybe look at getting automated environment control, not sure but I think you need a bit more powerful exhaust fan.

You don't need a hygrometer for curing, just burp jars for 30 minutes a day for 14 days and then add humidipacks ;)

One thing missing though.... SEEDS:) what type of strains are you looking for?

We already dicussed lights.

Tent looks fine and seems you got most covered, I don't know a lot about hydro so that's for someone else to answer.

When heat and humidity is an issue maybe look at getting automated environment control, not sure but I think you need a bit more powerful exhaust fan.

You don't need a hygrometer for curing, just burp jars for 30 minutes a day for 14 days and then add humidipacks ;)

One thing missing though.... SEEDS:) what type of strains are you looking for?

Hmm the reason I added a hygrometer is because humidity here is kind of high right now I am looking at 25.3c at 76% RH.... I don't even think I need the humidipacks anymore since they add humidity and not take away...

In terms of seeds I want a variety of HIGH THC, High yield and low flowering times haha but every bank has different opinions.....

Hmm the reason I added a hygrometer is because humidity here is kind of high right now I am looking at 25.3c at 76% RH.... I don't even think I need the humidipacks anymore since they add humidity and not take away...

In terms of seeds I want a variety of HIGH THC, High yield and low flowering times haha but every bank has different opinions.....

The humidipaks are 2-way, both up and down, and the humidity in the jar comes from the material in the jar and not the sorrounding environment.

Don't listen to the seed banks, listen to the growers ;)

I highly recommend THC Bomb, Northern Lights and Sugar Black Rose for anybody, but especially beginners ;)

The humidipaks are 2-way, both up and down, and the humidity in the jar comes from the material in the jar and not the sorrounding environment.

Don't listen to the seed banks, listen to the growers ;)

I highly recommend THC Bomb, Northern Lights and Sugar Black Rose for anybody, but especially beginners ;)

Nice yeah was thinking about THC bomb and northern lights as well been a dream of mine to smoke that since college.... First time I heard of Sugar Black Rose :)

I will add that to my list I live in a tropical country btw if that makes a difference for indoor.

Not strain wise, but you have to control the heat in the tent so it stays in the 22°C - 28°C range during lights on and 18°C - 28°C during lights out, this is the optimal range so don't panic if the thermometer shows 30° on very hot days.
Running the lights at night might be a good idea, but it does mean that you can only tend to the plants at night during the flowering cycle, but that's 12 hours anyway so plenty of time for sleep and gardening ;)
It's all about getting a good exhaust fan, circulation fan and maybe a dehumidifier, but for some people living in hot areas it's necessary to use A/C.

If the temperature rarely goes under 22°C you will see less plants get ''autumn'' colours like red, purple and blue, but that's just visual and some phenotypes will genetically become colourful so you won't miss out on getting some purple bud once in a while ;)

Not strain wise, but you have to control the heat in the tent so it stays in the 22°C - 28°C range during lights on and 18°C - 28°C during lights out, this is the optimal range so don't panic if the thermometer shows 30° on very hot days.
Running the lights at night might be a good idea, but it does mean that you can only tend to the plants at night during the flowering cycle, but that's 12 hours anyway so plenty of time for sleep and gardening ;)
It's all about getting a good exhaust fan, circulation fan and maybe a dehumidifier, but for some people living in hot areas it's necessary to use A/C.

If the temperature rarely goes under 22°C you will see less plants get ''autumn'' colours like red, purple and blue, but that's just visual and some phenotypes will genetically become colourful so you won't miss out on getting some purple bud once in a while ;)

Thank you bro what do you think about the 3 high times top THC strains Godfather OG 34% Super glue 32% Strawberry Bananana 31% are these easy to grow?

I've only grown Strawberry Banana and it's not a high yielder and there's a big genetic difference within the strain and some plants will be crap, it is however one of the most potent strains I've tried.

The ones you see on high times are from elite clones and may not be available in seed form, but there's the Corleone Kusk and Gorilla Glue #4(or Locktite if you can find it) which should be close to the first 2.

If you want to get into elite genetics(almost never high yielders!) look at In House Genetics, they breed some serious fire.

These sites are good for inspiration, but hardly worthwhile ordering from outside the US, but some of the seeds are available from big seed banks like Attitude and Seed City:

Annunaki Genetics
Sour Patch Seeds
Neptune Seeds

Back
Top Bottom