Timer

Ceelo

I have a timer in my house but 2 prongs can only plug into the timer and my HPS light has three prongs. My question is can I plug the timer into a Surge Protector then plug my HPS light into the Surge Protector then plug the surge protector? will the timer work on my HPS light after I do this?

How much amp does a timer need to handle a 400w HPS?

u can buy another plug in for your timer that can hold the 3 prongs for you hps it cost like a buck or two at a hardware store theyll tell you what u need if u go check it out

Okay I got a hot new digital thermometer from my local hardware store thanks for your inputs guys. Now its time to transplant. Should I water the soil after I finish transplanting? The soil is already nice and moist. How should I got about it? Any tips would be great. I tryed to look for some products today to give the plants after I transplanted but all they had was fertilizers and root stimulaters.

When I transplant I try to do it with the least amount of disturbance to the roots. So if possible I turn the pot upside down with one hand on top of the soil with the plant stem between my fingers. I then try to remove the pot without disturbing the soil. Sometimes I will pat or rap the sides or bottom of the pot to loosen it. With the pot removed I put the other hand on the bottom of the soil and while holding the root- ball with a hand on the top and one hand on the bottom I turn it right side up. Not sure if you followed that. When I transplant I like to water in order for the roots to come in contact with the soil. So a couple of things to consider is the dampness of the rootball and the dampness of the new soil. If they're damp to start with then they will be too wet after transplanting and watering. So I would wait until the rootball is dry enough to water and I would allow the new soil to dry out some before I transplant. I wouldn't allow all of the new soil to dry out a bit; just the amount I would be using. If done right there is little shock to the plant. But the more the roots are disturbed the more shock to the plant.
If you're using new soil then it should have nutrients and you shouldn't need to add anything. But that's not always the case. In any case I would wait a week after transplanting before doing anything other than watering. A week gives the plant time to recover(if it was shocked) or get settled in. Hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom