Am I mad?

ReactiveLlama

Greetings,

Well I think I might be losing my mind. I've been doing a lot of reading and following links. I've been over at No Mercy drooling. Several people here following advice and guides from the folks at No Mercy have started doing 12/12 grows.

I remember reading about a newbie mistake, missing a male and ending up with a crop of seeds instead of buds. That's where things went wrong.. cause I got to thinking.. I can make a mistake like that!

The 12/12 grow method is best from seed. So if a guy raises a crop of seeds he should then have seed material for a while doing small 12/12's. I, like several others here, read Atmosphere's 12/12 grow and some things about his setup and mind struck me. Primarily was that we were both growing in square areas just under 1m2 or 3 ft2 for the yanks :smokin:. Atmosphere was doing this under a 600 Watt light.

I was going to grow under a 400 with a ventilated hood. A 200 CFM fan venting the hood into the main airspace of the cabinet (meaning it's not' ducted anywhere) and a 2nd more powerful 95 CFM fan pulling all the air in the cab through a Carbon filter before exhausting out (the cabinet itself is only 50 CF interior volume). Now this cab is in my bedroom. This is important, I sleep nearby!!

Now I was wondering.. If I put a 600 watt light in there (which I can do for a mere $70 more than the 400) and get a fan for the filter that's EXACTLY the same price as the 95 CFM fan but is instead a 265 CFM fan. I hope that with those I can dial in a good temp by throttling the fan down as needed..

Noise?

I'd post a link to the actual fan but I'm not sure if URL's to outside sites are permitted. Therefore I have included a picture!

aa265.jpg

These quiet UL listed industrial-quality blowers mount easily into the wall.

Unlike most blowers the Active Air blowers include:
+ Factory wired grounded 8ft. heavy-duty power cord
+ Safety intake grill
+ Fan Adaptor Flange
+ Instructions for horticultural use

To also help me with temp issues I was going to run the 12/12 from 8pm to 8am to take advantage of the cooler evenings when I can vent my room to the outside...

So IF temp inside the cab is not an issue.. Will I be able to sleep beside this thing with that 265 CFM (even throttled down) running?

I know this is subjective, but just how noisy is one of these fans and is there a quieter by still as effective alternative?

Or am I mad?

Heat is going to be a issue.I had a 600w light with my setup.To much heat.Why are you venting hot air from the light into the cabint?Fans make noise.

I have two .44 amp models like that, there is no way you will sleep next to them. Mine will be fine after i box and mute them, but a 1.1 will be loud without boxing it up and sound proofing it or somthing. Then you have the 4" that must have excellent connections or it will make a lot of noise at high cfm.

Boss,

I think you're pretty much on the money. My ambitions.. well that's the joy of them. I'll stick with the smaller fan and the 400 and if I need to add extra lighting there are some 2 foot T5 fixtures that are reasonably cheap.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom