Stealth Grow Cuboard Into Cuboard Need Help

stealthed-up

Stealth_GrowBox-1.JPG

Stealth_GrowBox-2.JPG

Stealth_GrowBox-3.JPG

Whatsup dawgs, as you people see im doing this pretty stealthy, my first grow so any help would be appreciated. Cuboard, closet same thing? lol =)

My box is 96 cm/38" H X 98cm/39" W X 36cm/14" B as in the width from the side lol. I open it using the left panel and just taking it out, How can i make this more light proof ? there's a flag on top of the box with pillows all round so i doubt much light will get through ?
Im planning on growing 4 plants , 2 mango and 2 (red devil i think it is?) on a 18/6 veg (mh tubular) and then a 12/12 flowering with a (hps tubular)
I have a 250 watt mh/hps ballast switchable 2in1, im thinking of putting the ballast on my top shelf in the main white cuboard with a cable going down into my gro box into the light socket, will the length of the cable make any difference?
Im currently going to use a aluminum reflector plate as seen in the first picture on the top shelf, If i drill this reflector to the roof of the grow box with
2 screws will this obscure lighting or burn the top of my chipboard grow box? I also dont know the the best way to mount my light socket into the middle of the grobox, with the reflector on top. Dont want a risk for any fires to happen..

:cheesygrinsmiley:

For ventilation im looking at two 12cm computer fans extracting air from the light with air ducts & blowing the air out into my bathroom which will need about 3.5 metres/137" of air duct, i rate those 12cm pc fans will struggle to suck from such a long air duct right ? if this isnt enough for a 250watt mh/hps i can hookup equipment from a hydro store but what speed shud i get for my inline extractor fan?, trying to keep a low budget but if anything wont work well, please be free to tell me. To blow air onto my plants, i was thinking of another two 12cm computer fans, so the 2 fans blowing inside my grobox & the other 2 or 1 inline extractor fan extracting air out into my bathroom. AIR cud blow out into my MAIN cuboard then i cud leave the MAIN cuboard door a little open for more ventilation?

For reflection around my grobox im going to use mylar or white plastic, once i get this all up and running a good soil mixture will b nice :smokin:

For odours what would be the best solution for this size of grow? i was thinking of a homemade carbon filter, maybe bigger than the normal size micro
growers make it?

If there are any other things i need to know about my grow please tell me, as i said need to keep the risk of a fire at a minimal too. Any help asap would be much appreciated. thanx and happy smokin ;D:grinjoint:

DSC010081.JPG

I thought about using this box without the ballast inside, moving the ballast into another cupboard then making a hole for extracting the air out from the light, this box is made of metal, would this get too hot ? or shud i rather mount my aluminium plate to the top of my growbox with the light mounted underneath it ? Really confused on this one.

Also thinking of putting my light vertical in the growbox with the reflector on top, discarding the box but using that middle metal plate to mount my light? what do u guys think? plz help i really wanna start growing sum tree =D

Smokin Moose the ballast will be out obviously but shud i use that metal box just for the light? im seeing its gonna cause more heat and not shine as much light to the corner plants?

I rate im gonna go without the metal box, just gonna take the metal plate out that the light is attached to in the metal box & mount it seperately in my grobox, My reflector will also be taken out but attached to the top of my grow box? how does this sound?

Ok sweet bro, you mean a cooltube type thing made from a aluminium can just cut out ? ill have to get sumthing bigger to house it but u mean sumthing like that?

Ok i found designs of a cooltube looks perfect for my box, Shud i still use my reflector with the cooltube? just putting the reflector on top of it ? If i use one 120mm pc fan blowing into the cooltube with the other one sucking will this do a good job ? thanx for the help, im pretty new to this but im getting it =D

lol , or otherwise ill have 2 make a air cooled reflector hood with a glass piece so there is no leakage of heat. Do you know of any other glass cylinders like the Pyrex Bake-a-round that i cud use ?

yes the cool tube comes with small reflector but u will nedd a bigger fan if you are gonna use a cf to draw the air through the cf and the reflector and out of the room if possible the trick is to draw new fresh cool air in from the outside to your hidden garden coz if you are just letting air from the surrounding room in it is dry air but u get what i mean??

Yeah i will definately have an intake that will supply sum fresh air, the thing is i cant find any of these cooltubes its gonna be quite a mission finding the proper glass & im not going for any glass, i dont want it 2 shatter possibly breaking my bulb and causing a fire which will burn my home down, im pretty worried about causing a fire :/

Hey Thanks man, the cooltubes look good but im currently living in South-Africa,
cant find any cooltubes around here, planning on building my own DIY cooltube?

Back
Top Bottom