Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stealth Grow Cuboard Into Cuboard Need Help

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Stealth Grow Cuboard Into Cuboard Need Help

Whatsup dawgs, as you people see im doing this pretty stealthy, my first grow so any help would be appreciated. Cuboard, closet same thing? lol =)

My box is 96 cm/38" H X 98cm/39" W X 36cm/14" B as in the width from the side lol. I open it using the left panel and just taking it out, How can i make this more light proof ? there's a flag on top of the box with pillows all round so i doubt much light will get through ?
    Im planning on growing 4 plants , 2 mango and 2 (red devil i think it is?) on a 18/6 veg (mh tubular) and then a 12/12 flowering with a (hps tubular)
    I have a 250 watt mh/hps ballast switchable 2in1, im thinking of putting the ballast on my top shelf in the main white cuboard with a cable going down into my gro box into the light socket, will the length of the cable make any difference?
    Im currently going to use a aluminum reflector plate as seen in the first picture on the top shelf, If i drill this reflector to the roof of the grow box with
    2 screws will this obscure lighting or burn the top of my chipboard grow box? I also dont know the the best way to mount my light socket into the middle of the grobox, with the reflector on top. Dont want a risk for any fires to happen..

For ventilation im looking at two 12cm computer fans extracting air from the light with air ducts & blowing the air out into my bathroom which will need about 3.5 metres/137" of air duct, i rate those 12cm pc fans will struggle to suck from such a long air duct right ? if this isnt enough for a 250watt mh/hps i can hookup equipment from a hydro store but what speed shud i get for my inline extractor fan?, trying to keep a low budget but if anything wont work well, please be free to tell me. To blow air onto my plants, i was thinking of another two 12cm computer fans, so the 2 fans blowing inside my grobox & the other 2 or 1 inline extractor fan extracting air out into my bathroom. AIR cud blow out into my MAIN cuboard then i cud leave the MAIN cuboard door a little open for more ventilation?

For reflection around my grobox im going to use mylar or white plastic, once i get this all up and running a good soil mixture will b nice

For odours what would be the best solution for this size of grow? i was thinking of a homemade carbon filter, maybe bigger than the normal size micro
    growers make it?

If there are any other things i need to know about my grow please tell me, as i said need to keep the risk of a fire at a minimal too. Any help asap would be much appreciated. thanx and happy smokin ;D
    Last edited by Keith Lake; 02-14-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: fixed pic links

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stealth Grow Cuboard Into Cuboard Need Help

help plz ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You may need more exhaust and cool intake.

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Carbon scrubber would compliment the stealth aspect for sure.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about using this box without the ballast inside, moving the ballast into another cupboard then making a hole for extracting the air out from the light, this box is made of metal, would this get too hot ? or shud i rather mount my aluminium plate to the top of my growbox with the light mounted underneath it ? Really confused on this one.
    Last edited by Keith Lake; 02-14-2009 at 04:31 PM. Reason: fixed pic link

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

carbon scrubber, u think if i diy a carbon scrubber it will work for that box and 4 plants ?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Also thinking of putting my light vertical in the growbox with the reflector on top, discarding the box but using that middle metal plate to mount my light? what do u guys think? plz help i really wanna start growing sum tree =D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't see a problem in separating the ballast from the bulb. A carbon scrubber would certainly help.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smokin Moose the ballast will be out obviously but shud i use that metal box just for the light? im seeing its gonna cause more heat and not shine as much light to the corner plants?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The metal box is also the reflector? - if it is, you will loose some light intensity. If heat is the issue and you can cope with the reduced light, then go without the box.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I rate im gonna go without the metal box, just gonna take the metal plate out that the light is attached to in the metal box & mount it seperately in my grobox, My reflector will also be taken out but attached to the top of my grow box? how does this sound?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A cool tube with a top reflector would be best here I think. That's gonna make heat.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok sweet bro, you mean a cooltube type thing made from a aluminium can just cut out ? ill have to get sumthing bigger to house it but u mean sumthing like that?

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok i found designs of a cooltube looks perfect for my box, Shud i still use my reflector with the cooltube? just putting the reflector on top of it ? If i use one 120mm pc fan blowing into the cooltube with the other one sucking will this do a good job ? thanx for the help, im pretty new to this but im getting it =D

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think you can get tubes with reflective material on the top, not sure though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast