Grow Tent

RandyFMF

hello all. I have a question that I can't seem to find a reasonable solution to. I purchased a grow tent, being 36'' long, 20'' wide, and 64'' tall. inside of my grow tent is a 400 watt MH bulb, 5 plants, desk fan, and a humidifier. my question is, I have two 4'' inline duct fans, rated at 80 CFM. I was wondering if I should exhaust using the two? currently it's setup to bring air in the bottom, and exhaust it at the top. I've seen many people objecting to this setup. should I use the two both as an exhaust being that my tent has ventilation flaps located at the bottom? please point me in the right direction towards the best setup. my tent stays at a stable 79 to 85 degrees.

I'm still learning about this myself, but from what I've picked up smaller tents don't really need an inline fan and usually just have a tent flap partly open for fresh air. You do however need (or should really have) an outlet fan and carbon filter unless you want the smell stinking up your place.

I'm confused too I have a 1.2x1.2x2m tent and a 100mm canfan I thought I could use bottom tent inlets as passive air intake and use the canfan to extract hot air out the top of the tent?

I had the same question recently and the same advice was given to just use the vents for intake. So far, it seems to be working well.

As long as no light goes in the vents during the dark cycle.... I added a length of ducting w/ pre filter for lights out , vents open when lights on

Can someone tell me how to set up fan with silencer to exhaust hot air out.
A fan plus silencer for noise abatement or carbon filter for odor control? Just want to be clear.

Back
Top Bottom