Where can a Medical patient grow?

If I have a patient card, am I allowed to grow at someone else's home? I do NOT live there. Can someone point my in the right direction for the specific's on this law? thanks!!

Well, IDK it depends on your state laws. I would say that all states would only let a patient grow on their own property (ex. backyard, closet, grow room, shed) I am not sure why you would want to grow on someone else's property, but I am sure you have a reasonable explanation. However Rule(s) #1 in growing: KEEP IT ON THE NEED TO KNOW, IF THEY ARE NOT NEEDED IN THE GROW THEY DON'T NEED TO KNOW. I CAN NOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. Something as simple as telling your friend you have or are starting a grow can turn into a holy nightmare, because eventually the police get involved, whether or not you comply with the law, even if it is just a couple of plants. Most people have loose jaws and think nothing of texting and talking about what someone else is doing. I don't mean to be so harsh but the same shit happened with me, but I got lucky by a long shot.

If it is just too risky to grow on your own property, then growing on a friends property may be the solution. Remember Rule #1 and establish ground rules with those you are growing with, people tend to show the other side of them over a couple of plants and believe me it happens sooner or later.

:goodluck:

In Oregon when a patient get's a medical marijuana card you actually get "3" cards. One for the patient, 1 card for the "caregiver" (which allows a trusted caregiver to purchase medicine from a compassion center if the patient is too sick to go themself, and also the grower get's their own card if the patient is too sick to grow for themself. The patient can be the grower, or the caregiver can be a caregiver and a grower as far as I know. At any given time, a caregiver, a patient, or a grower can have up to 1 pound of dried usable pot at any given time. Although, I wish we were allowed to grow more than 6 plants at a time. Six plants is hard to make stretch 4 months. 30-50 plants would be a better maximum amount imho. Also, if I harvest all six of my plants at the same time and say I grow some massive plants and get 1 pound off each plant dried. That's 6 pounds of pot when the state law says I can only posses a maximum of 1 pound. So, the law here in Oregon is not without its problems, but I am sure they can be fixed. Right now marijuana is the ONLY industry left in Oregon. Construction has gone bust. Fishing is over regulated and has gone bust. No ones building new homes except in China so logging has gone bust. The only renewable resource we have left is marijuana : )

Sorry for not saying before... CALIFORNIA
When I received my card, I assumed the address on the card, was to be the address I would grow...
I asked "where to grow" for someone else. They have an apartment and can't grow there. They want to grow on friend's property. I just didn't think that was legal, or a good idea. :)
Also, once you are growing your "max 6 plants..." It's definitely asking for trouble to grow more than your max right?
I did not receive "3" cards, ONLY one. Not sure if that is the case with all in California? thanks for the replies.

I read the law... But it's not really clear about the "place" you can grow... No one should assume. Anyone have any thoughts on this? thanks :)

I could not find any information on SB 420 that relates to the location of the grow, however I am sure there may be some law relating to the grow location.

Do what ever you feel is best, just make sure it is in a safe and secure location.

I would say that you can grow at another's place if they too have a marijuana medical recommendation. Otherwise, no way. To cultivate Cannabis you must be legal and have your documents in order, or you could both face serious troubles later. You can grow at home, but if your renting be sure to check with your landlord.

Here is some info on Ca cultivation city/county guidelines. You also want to make sure your grow is not within certain zones, ie. schools, etc...

Check here for more local city references pertaining to co-ops, dispensaries, multiple patient grows, etc...ASA-:-Local California Dispensary Regulations

Good luck Greenie :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom