San Jose Collectives Being back door Banned! We need your support!

Dipez

Hi all, There is some major bullshit going on in San Jose right now if you haven't already heard. There was a new law passed making all collectives close on the 29th of October. There will be 10 Collectives allowed to reopen under these guidelines.

1) Outlaw all patient-produced medicine
2) Outlaw all cash and debit transactions

These guidelines make it so San Jose collectives MUST grow their own cannabis on site and they must GIVE it to their patients. This is a backdoor ban on medical cannabis here in San Jose.

There are a couple of petitions going around to make this not happen.. They need 40,000 signatures on their petition to make this not happen! I believe Elemental Wellness will have a petition for you to sign inside their Collective and if you have the time PLEASE STOP BY AND SIGN IT! I will get more information on how to sign the petition asap.

They are also in need of donations to help run their campaign. If I get the OK I will post up a link. I don't want to break any rules here.

We need your help guys!

If possible can this be put onto a more main page of the forum? Its very urgent that we help San Jose stop this from happening. Also Please if I Do not have my facts 100% correct PLEASE correct me. I am going off what I have heard and I have been told by patients in my area.

Ok Guys I got an update to the information.

Anybody who is a registered voter in San Jose can go over to Elemental Wellness to sign their petition. So if you live in San Jose go ahead n make a trip over there and save the collectives of San Jose. If this petition doesn't get enough signatures there will be no more collectives in San Jose.

treehouse420 said:
I actually like these idea. Collected in SJ charge way too much for medizine.

That's a real messed up thing to say! Much more at stake here than the price of the MMJ! Do you even live in that town? Have you ever actually bought any there?

Something tells me the answer is likely no.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Hi all, There is some major bullshit going on in San Jose right now if you haven't already heard. There was a new law passed making all collectives close on the 29th of October. There will be 10 Collectives allowed to reopen under these guidelines.

1) Outlaw all patient-produced medicine
2) Outlaw all cash and debit transactions

These guidelines make it so San Jose collectives MUST grow their own cannabis on site and they must GIVE it to their patients. This is a backdoor ban on medical cannabis here in San Jose.

There are a couple of petitions going around to make this not happen.. They need 40,000 signatures on their petition to make this not happen! I believe Elemental Wellness will have a petition for you to sign inside their Collective and if you have the time PLEASE STOP BY AND SIGN IT! I will get more information on how to sign the petition asap.

They are also in need of donations to help run their campaign. If I get the OK I will post up a link. I don't want to break any rules here.

We need your help guys!

If possible can this be put onto a more main page of the forum? Its very urgent that we help San Jose stop this from happening. Also Please if I Do not have my facts 100% correct PLEASE correct me. I am going off what I have heard and I have been told by patients in my area.

Looks like you will still have 10 of them open..... We have similar laws in Colorado... Patients can't sell extra meds to the dispensaries. The dispensaries are only allowed to deal with other dispensaries and the dispensaries have to grow their own meds for the shop..... I have to say, I am not a big fan of dispensaries...... no matter which State they are in....

Looks like you will still have 10 of them open..... We have similar laws in Colorado... Patients can't sell extra meds to the dispensaries. The dispensaries are only allowed to deal with other dispensaries and the dispensaries have to grow their own meds for the shop..... I have to say, I am not a big fan of dispensaries...... no matter which State they are in....

Were getting down sized to 10 dispensaries no matter what. I'm ok with that part. There are to many at this point in San Jose and IMO there is only 3 good ones. The problem is the second rule they set up. We can't make donations anymore in exchange for product to the collectives. Its going to make dispensaries give away their product which no dispensary will do. Thus making them have to shut down completely.

Also the growing on site thing is going to be very hard for many collectives to deal with. Most collectives are very small setups. I know of only one that will be able to grow all their own product(they already do so) and they require a small warehouse to do this.

Yes i saw this article too Obamas a liar he promised us he would work with the medical states to ensure safe access for patients he gets my vote and does this garbage to make himself look more conservative to try to woo so republicans to vote for him .

As for the feds they just finished shutting down all of our dispensaries here in Michigan and also killed our patient to patient transfers and are also raiding our farmers markets.

I feel more at risk now than before i was legal when i had to go off of 8 mile in Detroit to buy my medicine if i were a wealthy man id move to a more 420 friendly country and leave the harassment by Leo and the DEA behind.

Also the growing on site thing is going to be very hard for many collectives to deal with. Most collectives are very small setups.

Exactly. If "not for profit" means "absolutely no cash or other consideration of value", and if the Federal authorities are using the same definition, then it's all over for MMJ as far as dispensaries are concerned. Without revenue you can't pay someone to sit there all day and weigh it out to the members who come in, let alone the on site security.

"Back door ban" is right. It reminds me of the rules about dogs back when I was in college. They didn't say straight out that you couldn't bring your dog to school; what they did say was that you couldn't leave your dog tied up outside, and you couldn't take him inside any libraries or other buildings. So, you could bring your dog to campus, but you couldn't do anything else while you were there.

Back
Top Bottom