Home depot on board with 64?

Slicknick909

Not sure if there's any correlation between the two, but as of late both the home depot stores within driving distance of me have started carrying more MMJ friendly growing supplies. I first noticed the surprisingly vast array of LED, floro, CFL and incandescent grow bulbs a few months ago, now I got an email notification this week that they have grow tents coming soon. So I went to get some perlite and some new CFL's today and they have a whole section devoted to "black magic hydroponics." Has anyone ever used the black magic nutrient products and if so are they any good?

420-magazine-mobile1457577974.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I normal grab Wet Frog , then I went 707 and loved it ! I was in a bind and needed a medium asap for Genetics Clones! I had heard and read all good reviews blah blah ,,,,, got a bag of Black Gold 3.5 yd bag ! The clones grab that soil like it was a thing to do , no hiccups! I'm no master grower , but I hold my weight and I WOULD have continued to buy the Black Gold but they stopped selling the 3.5 bag so 707 i went back ! I looked at the ingredients on both and they had the same ! That soil ain't cheap , but if you have it good like that , grab a few bags

Old thread, but since it has become active again:

Not sure if there's any correlation between the two, but as of late both the home depot stores within driving distance of me have started carrying more MMJ friendly growing supplies.

So I went to get some perlite and some new CFL's today and they have a whole section devoted to "black magic hydroponics." Has anyone ever used the black magic nutrient products and if so are they any good?

420-magazine-mobile1457577974.jpg

A web-search for "who owns Black Magic Hydroponics" took me to an article where I read this:

Will Scotts Miracle-Gro, Home Depot, and Black Magic Put Hydroponics Stores Out of Business?
By OG Hydro
Most growers count on their local hydroponics store.

But hydroponics stores could disappear in a few years, because of Scotts Miracle-Gro and its subsidiary Hawthorne Gardening Company.

Hawthorne and Scotts Miracle-Gro recently purchased General Hydroponics, Gavita, Botanicare, Black Magic, and have heavily invested in Aero-Grow.

Many hydroponics stores customers quit those brands when they find out Scotts Miracle-Gro is involved.

They know Scotts Miracle-Gro is a sleazy corporation in bed with Monsanto, the drug war, and GMOs.
Hawthorne carefully hid the fact that Black Magic is owned by Hawthorne and Scotts Miracle-Grow when in early 2016 Scotts and Hawthorne rolled out their rebranded Black Magic brand.

Previously just a brand of low-end dirt, Scotts and Hawthorne now describe Black Magic as “performance hydroponics” products.

The Black Magic product line includes a two-part all-purpose grow and bloom base formula, a bloom booster, an “all-purpose” supplement, soil, coco coir, peat mix, grow pots, and a seed starter tray.
They claim their products are “performance hydroponics,” but their vague, incomplete, meaningless product descriptions indicate they don’t know what hydroponics growing really is.

If they did, they wouldn’t sell soil and call it “performance hydroponics” product.

Memo to Scotts and Hawthorne: SOIL IS NOT A HYDROPONICS PRODUCT.

I’ve networked with other hydroponics storeowners, wholesalers, and distributors, and the word is that Scotts Miracle-Gro and Hawthorne have bypassed hydroponics stores so they can sell their schwag at Home Depot.

Not that we would have wanted to carry Black Magic products.
{...}also oppose Scotts because it has been a drug war partner and is in bed with the poison and GMO industries.
To see greedy corporations like Scotts Miracle-Gro ( a corporation that along with Monsanto has supplied poison for drug warriors to use against the plants we grow) try to hijack our industry is appalling.

DISCLAIMER: The above quotes are from an article written by the owner of a hydroponics store, and was published on one of Advanced Nutrients' websites. Therefore, it cannot be considered to be an unbiased source. Still and all...

Please take 30 seconds and do a simple web search to find out who owns the brand(s) that you are about to spend your money on, folks!

Back
Top Bottom