Late Stage Liver Cancer

mrbubbles87

I need your guys help. My father in law was recently diagnosed with stage 3 liver cancer. He has 2 tumors on his liver and 1 on his spleen each about 5cm long. The cause appears to be hep c and hep b but he is a pretty big drinker as well.

His doctors are not able to do anything for him. They said all we can do is palliative care which is just making him as comfortable as possible. They've given a worse case of 3 mos letting.

I have some experience dealing with cancer/terminal illnesses. I have never seen it affect someone so quickly. He was diagnosed 3 weeks ago and hasn't undergone any treatment yet he's lost a lot of weight and is struggling to way and sleep.

They did give my wife a prescription card for a medication called Viread. I looked this up online and it's supposed to slow the progression of HIV. Maybe this would help slow the growth of tumors as well? The card the doc gave us says a $0 co pay up to $200 savings per mo. This medication costs $800 which means we would have to spend over $600 per month to get him a medication that will hardly do anything except make him feel worse with tons of bad side effects.

We have been trying to give him as much cannabis as we can. Mainly a joint for him to a take home at a time because we don't have a lot of supply yet. I'm working on expanding my grow to produce enough to make a batch of RSO but that's months down the road.

In the meantime we had a friend in CO send us a care package. It had a huge variety of diff products for him to try which were really excited about. We didn't even have to pay anything for them and based on my research it doesn't look cheap.

First they included lozenges which have 100mg THC+CBD. They're from Gaia's Garden and called a Level 6 whatever that means. My wife and I took one this morning to test them. Want to make sure we don't mess him up too much seem now he has 0 tolerance right now. I'm not feeling much maybe a slight buzz but I have a super high tolerancy. Guessing it will be fine for him but not sure how effective it will be for his cancer and related symptoms.

Secondly, they included a couple different edible bars. I apologize I don't have the details on those with me now but I can provide those later.

The last thing he sent, and what I think will be most effective on his tumors is a tincture from Sweet Mary Jane that contains 150mg THC and 150mg CBD with a 1:1 ratio. The problem is I'm not sure how this compares to RSO. For example just because they put a total of 300mg of oil into the glycerine that doesn't tell us the potency of the oil itself. Considering this tincture costs about $50 and the RSO syringes I've found online can get into the thousands I'm assuming there is not nearly as high of a potency.

I'm just trying to buy 3-4 months while I grow a 4x4 SOG of Medicann Blue Blood (10%CBD and 15%THC) and CBD Crew Critical Mass (5%CBD and 5%THC). Then I'm hoping to make RSO.

Can anyone help me out with how to dose this meds and how effective you think they'll be against his cancer?

:Namaste:

Skip past everything and go to the RSO asap. CBD for pain, inflammation etc., THC for the mutating cancer cells. Indica Concentrated Oil for rest and appetite. Its legit, for REAL. Your right about the potency...numbers are deceiving, they talk about % and not the potency. Not saying its bunk, just not what you need. Stay away from concentrate made from C02, Wax, etc. as these applications do not apply to the correct way of dosing. May I suggest buying a ounce of Top Shelf (G13, Master Kush, etc..) and make your own asap (3-4 grams of oil per ounce is a indicator of Top Shelf). Its much easier than one thinks. Just a well ventilated area.
Here is a link for dosing properly. Have to tack properly. CBD are HUGE as of late...it is without a doubt the best pain, inflammation med bar none and is a fav I mix with all my strains except Indica (which already has enough CBD for pain relief. As of late though the media says its for Cancer killing...its the THC, especially as the Cancer progresses and the cells mutate more rapidly....why you get the most potent THC strain you can get.

Link for correctly dosing...hope this helps and good luck. If any questions, confusion, etc., plz ask.
Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Skip past everything and go to the RSO asap. CBD for pain, inflammation etc., THC for the mutating cancer cells. Indica Concentrated Oil for rest and appetite. Its legit, for REAL. Your right about the potency...numbers are deceiving, they talk about % and not the potency. Not saying its bunk, just not what you need. Stay away from concentrate made from C02, Wax, etc. as these applications do not apply to the correct way of dosing. May I suggest buying a ounce of Top Shelf (G13, Master Kush, etc..) and make your own asap (3-4 grams of oil per ounce is a indicator of Top Shelf). Its much easier than one thinks. Just a well ventilated area. Here is a link for dosing properly. Have to tack properly. CBD are HUGE as of late...it is without a doubt the best pain, inflammation med bar none and is a fav I mix with all my strains except Indica (which already has enough CBD for pain relief. As of late though the media says its for Cancer killing...its the THC, especially as the Cancer progresses and the cells mutate more rapidly....why you get the most potent THC strain you can get. Link for correctly dosing...hope this helps and good luck. If any questions, confusion, etc., plz ask. Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Your spot on with THC vs CBD. I've read tons of medical case studies where they confirm this including cbdproject.org and cureyourowncancer.org.

We've been giving him edibles, tinctures and smoking with him as much as we can. He really loves the Dabba chocolates lol. I realize none of these are as effective as RSO but I did follow some interesting cases where even cannabutter alone showed a significant decrease in tumors. Eventually they used RSO to cure it but cannabutter at least helped get them by.

That's what were hoping to do too. His doctors gave him a worst case of 3 months. Were hoping we can buy as much time as possible while I try to grow enough to make an effective dosage of RSO for him.

Right now were barely growing enough between her father, us, and other family members. My mother even recently got out of the nursing home and is now using cannabis to treat her bi polar. Great for her but bad for my garden lol.

I'm getting close to expanding with a 2nd light and I have tons of plants vegging. I'm especially excited to have him try Blue Blood and CBD Critical Mass. Problem is I'm looking at about 5 months to get a decent size crop of either of these. They're both in seedling stage. I still need to veg/clone them into a SOG.

In the meantime I've been practicing making oil/concentrates. I want to make sure I can make decent oil with trim before I use up a lb of top shelf. As easy as all the videos make it look I'm still struggling to make a decent oil. My latest attempt was a quick wash ISO. I filtered it with a coffee filter and boiled off the ISO in a slow cooker similar to how RS uses a rice cooker, adding water near the end.

I did get some pretty nice globs of black/green/golden goo but that's where it went downhill. I'd seen him and others put it on a cup warmer to evaporate the water but I only had a few globs. Instead I tried to move them from the metal measuring cup to wax paper. This is where I made a terrible mistake. I folded up the wax paper and put it in the freezer. Today when I took it out it was spread throughout the entire paper and very liquidy. I think I should've left it unfolded with a fan blowing above it.

I'm learning concentrates slowly. This episode mimics similar other ones involving bubble hash, QWISO, infused olive oil, and cannabutter. The problem is I make a small mistake with each which ruins it and I don't get another chance for 1 to 2 mos.

Hoping to get a rig this Xmas. Then I'll be able to focus on my oil which will hopefully easily transition into RSO once I have enough meds to make a dosage that's worth it because realistically 3-4 grams wouldn't be effective for his situation.

I read your thread on dosing and it was very helpful. Thanks for all the great info!

ok...here goes...grind yer bud up into joint sized pieces...let dry well...toss into freezer with a gallon of 99%ISO in seperate containers...leave in freezer for at least 24 hours...then pour iso into bud and put back into the freezer for 15 mins after a good shake...I use plastic 200 gram tobacco containers( the frozen herb will not release chlorophyll into the liquid, hence the tast and concentration of THC/CBD is higher )...take bud out and strain into a separate container ( I use cheese cloth and elastic bands on the tobacco container) let this liquid stand for a couple hours at room temp..the sediment and dirt should be almost settled...use a small siphon hose and start filtering the liquid from the top(will be cleaner and save on filters and is a faster process)...once filtered pour liquid into rice cooker...place cooker on a table in the yard/well ventilated area...cook liquid down until you start to see big bubbles...add 5 or 6 drops of water and watch closely...cook for another few mins then pour liquid into small glass/pyrex container...place container on coffee maker warming tray with a mason jar lid or similar to keep glass from element...slow cook until there is very little iso left...a drop on a pin placed over a flame will tell you how clean it is...if it flares...back to the coffee machine...if it just drips...its good to go..do this test over the glass container for safety...no need burnin' yer house down.......hth

mojo

edit to add: I do large runs...I manage about 2-3 oz per lb of product, I have about 8 lbs of leaf, sugar and bud to run this year...so you may not need a gallon of ISO

and a new tek for rso we have devised...fill a 5 gal bucket 1/2 full...drop in freezer along with iso...after its cold dump iso in to cover herb...give a good stir then back into the freezer for 15-20 mins...take a piece of screen and wire that to the bucket top...strain into a 2 gal ice cream bucket and continue as above.....makes large runs faster and less labor intensive...I should add its way less cost to buy iso by the 5 gal pail...if you do runs like I do...hth

Ok. This is great but I'm about as marijuana literate as a wall. I've read all about strains and RSO ad nauseam but am still hopelessly confused. Husband has non-alcoholic cirrhosis now liver cancer diagnosed about seven weeks ago. Was able to procure some dama oil here in WA state and started him on that. Seemed to be some improvement then he had some issues and is in hospital as we speak. Doctors are talking hospice. Please make your responses very plain since I don't understand the jargon of the MJ culture. Never had any wouldn't know where to get it if there were not dispensaries in WA. Thanking you in advance for your help.

I have a rare vascular mutation in my brainstem which causes partial paralysis, nausea, motor skills problems, etc. I'm not a grower and I need a constant supply of RSO to keep my symptoms away, also in this country its quite illegal so I can't just go buy some more.

I mention this because I too count the days/weeks as sometimes I don't even want to get outta bed. My dad is a chemist and when I first started talking about making RSO he corrected my methods to increase my yields. Also early on I did RSO with product donated to me and whatever I got they let me keep 1/3. It was in my best interest to increase extraction yield the most possible.

Using good quality product you can easily double your RSO extraction yield to around 8-10 grams per ounce. This RSO will contain more chlorophyll/plant waxes and will have a stronger taste so people with intestinal distress should be wary but overall it should help with supply.

Back
Top Bottom