Stranded in Indiana w/o many choices - need advice on what to use

katiein

Hello all. I've tried to do a good amount of research on cannabis oil / RSO. I'm 25 and living in Indiana, currently awaiting test results, but it's possible I'm looking at a multiple myeloma diagnosis. If so, I want to be as ready to fight this - I am very reluctant to do chemo. That decision is not here yet, but I am looking on some advice for RSO. MJ is not legal here in Indiana, so getting specific types is going to be difficult. I would love the opportunity to purchase oil, but I have no idea how to make that happen. Is it worth it to try and make the oil with whatever strains I can get my hands on? Feeling desperate, but I'm a competent person. I think I can make the oil myself. If I had access to seeds, I could also start growing. Looking for all the advice I can get. Thanks for any help - it's greatly appreciated.

If I can get quality MJ, what strains should I look for? Indica? Sativa? A mix of both? I've also included a bit of a study in which it says myeloma cells are affected by CBD.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the decarb process...do I need to go all the way to the end when bubbles are no more?

This topic should clarify how to make the oil: How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

This topic will explain how to properly administer the doses: How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Seeds? That's really easy with some of the 420 Magazine sponsors: Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®
420 Sponsors are all reputable companies that support Cannabis, spread awareness, and have great customer service records. Unfortunately there are some horror stories out there with other seedbanks, so I personally buy from sponsors whenever possible. I have also purchased seeds several times without a problem.

The great thing about growing your own medicine, is that you know exactly what strain it is, and you have a good idea of the Cannabinoid content in your medicine.

From what I've learned so far, it appears that THC is one of the best Cannabinoids in fighting off cancer cells, and CBD is effective for dealing with any associated pain.

As for strains, Sativas will tend to be more energetic, and Indicas will be more relaxing (and great if you have problems sleeping!). Using a combination of 2 oils from both types of plants would probably be the best, Sativa for daytime use so you can go about your day feeling good, energetic, and happy, and Indica for the evening and night time to help calm things down and get you ready for a great night of sleep.

When the doses are administered properly as shown in the dosing tutorial, you shouldn't experience any 'high' or euphoric effects. If you happen to also enjoy a smoke, vape, or edible as well, I suggest using separate Cannabis to smoke, vape, or make edibles, and not use up all of the oil for that purpose.

Antics - thanks so much for your reply. Perhaps this is redundant and I apologize if so. I'm able to find some, but cannot tell me exactly what it is I'm purchasing. Do you think it's worth it?

Also, can you or Motoco or budnoob2 speak to the decarb process utilized in this video?

She heats it in the oven...will that suffice? Does it damage the oil I don't have an induction cooker, that's why I ask. I have the hot plate and rice cooker. Thanks again for all your help and words. Greatly appreciated.

I've heard of others that decarb before extraction successfully but I cannot speak to it directly as I've never done it this way. I just stick to the tried and true method that's worked for me which is all detailed in Motoco's thread that Antics already linked.

Antics - thanks so much for your reply. Perhaps this is redundant and I apologize if so. I'm able to find some, but cannot tell me exactly what it is I'm purchasing. Do you think it's worth it?

Also, can you or Motoco or budnoob2 speak to the decarb process utilized in this video?

She heats it in the oven...will that suffice? Does it damage the oil I don't have an induction cooker, that's why I ask. I have the hot plate and rice cooker. Thanks again for all your help and words. Greatly appreciated.

From what I know about Oil, Cannabis, and cancer is this.. So far I have seen THC mostly used to cure various cancers. Usually when you purchase from an average street vender, they don't know the strain, or Cannabinoid content, and most people that buy it, are buying it to smoke to get high. Luckily, the same thing that gets people high, also cures most cancers.

(It actually works by inducing Apoptosis, which is the pre-programmed cell death for each of the cells within our bodies. Cancer cells are basically cells rebelling against their programmed cell death, so we're using the Cannabis to induce Apoptosis, and get the cells functioning properly again. Really simple concept when you think of it, and quite cool that a simple plant found in nature can fix these things!)

Anyways, back onto my train of thought, sorry, these things just completely fascinate me! We were on THC, and how it helps cure cancers etc.. You CAN be assured that the Cannabis you buy will contain THC, which is what we need, however you can't be guaranteed a THC content, or CBD content. If it's all you can get, personally I say go for it!

If you do have the means, I'd definitely suggest a small grow of your own medicine as well. It will offset the cost of purchasing directly, and it's a very relaxing hobby as well, and just being in a relaxed, peaceful state helps our bodies heal even more.

As for the video, I can't speak for how effective it is, but it doesn't seem like there'd be any problems with it. And as budnoob stated, he knows folks who have used that extraction method successfully.

I do appreciate you posting the video though, I'm always excited to learn different things we can do to use this plant to the best of our ability to help people! So thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom