Are you guys sure tacking works better than ingesting?

Seeking hope

Every other forum i visit where people try this oil as well as thousands of other treatments they seem to ingest it.
I've read the tacking and dosage posts on here and pretty much everything makes sense.

All i'm confused about is why is everyone swallowing it and here you guys "tack". Even on the youtube videos and on rso sites they mention ingesting in. Even sell capsules for swallow it.

I trust you guys here but this really confuses me.

Also, when you tack and the oil is on your gums and spit builds up do you just spit the spit out?

I thought the same thing as you. It seems to make sense that way, that eating it would work. When I came here there were a lot of folks talking about tacking, and I was a little confused about it all, because I thought smoking and eating it were all the same, and I did a little research on the topic.

The example I found online discussed the Bioavailability of THC, so I'll use that in the example here.
When it's smoked, only about 10-25% of the THC inhaled can reach the blood stream.
Only about 1% reaches the brain rapidly.
Pharmacolological activity peaks at about 20 minutes, and is gone within 3 hours.

When eaten, you are introducing variables that make oral dosing difficult to regulate. Liver metabolism being one, which varies between 4-12%.

That's why tacking has been the chosen method for dosing. It allows the absorption directly through the gums and into the blood stream. The dose stays in places, and allows a continued dose to be absorbed, keeping the body fully stocked with Cannabinoids to use in treating whatever ailment is present.

When I tacked, I tacked on my upper gum to avoid saliva buildup around the oil, and also decrease the chance of swallowing oil, so I swallowed as normal without problems, but in the dosing tutorial it's suggested to apply to tacks on the bottom, and I'm not sure if top/bottom makes a difference.

I thought the same thing as you. It seems to make sense that way, that eating it would work. When I came here there were a lot of folks talking about tacking, and I was a little confused about it all, because I thought smoking and eating it were all the same, and I did a little research on the topic.

The example I found online discussed the Bioavailability of THC, so I'll use that in the example here.
When it's smoked, only about 10-25% of the THC inhaled can reach the blood stream.
Only about 1% reaches the brain rapidly.
Pharmacolological activity peaks at about 20 minutes, and is gone within 3 hours.

When eaten, you are introducing variables that make oral dosing difficult to regulate. Liver metabolism being one, which varies between 4-12%.

That's why tacking has been the chosen method for dosing. It allows the absorption directly through the gums and into the blood stream. The dose stays in places, and allows a continued dose to be absorbed, keeping the body fully stocked with Cannabinoids to use in treating whatever ailment is present.

When I tacked, I tacked on my upper gum to avoid saliva buildup around the oil, and also decrease the chance of swallowing oil, so I swallowed as normal without problems, but in the dosing tutorial it's suggested to apply to tacks on the bottom, and I'm not sure if top/bottom makes a difference.

I will try the upper gum this time. Not sure if anyone had done this before but when i tried to stick it on the gum it never got stuck no matter how hard i tried and how dry the gum was. So i started to cut little pieces of chip bags rectangular shapes and put the oil on them and stick them to the gum. That seemed to hold the oil in place pretty well.

As far as the dosing goes, since you are tacking and not ingesting, why not just start off with a gram dosage? Since you are not swallowing you shouldn't feel any euphoria right?

Also, the big success posts here have posted that they as well ingested the oil. I want to try it but i don't want my mom to have the euphoria. Is there any possible way to ingest and not get high?

Back
Top Bottom