Brain Tumor

PandaBear

Hello,
I am trying to gather more information regarding the use of cannabis in treating brain tumors. We are currently treating my fathers brain tumor with a tincture of ACDC (their version of Charottes Web) (4 ml twice per day and 3 ml once per day) that has 12.5 mg CBD and .49 mg THC / ml. He is also taking Hindu Kush 2 ml once a day (evenings) which has a much higher proportion of THC.

He began this about one month ago. His original dx was astrocytoma and he has had conventional treatment (chemo and radiation) since last March.

I am wondering what kind of time frame there typically is to see results? His most recent MRI was January (the week before we began cannabis treatment) and his next one will be in about three weeks. I am feeling somewhat panicky as I feel that functionally he is changing (speech is worse and short term memory seems to becoming impaired).

Should we be increasing dosages? Any input is appreciated.

Hello PandaBear, welcome to :420:

It sounds like you're off to a great start, but I would increase the level of THC. You want the highest possible level of THC as you can get your hands on.

Higher CBD levels will be great for pain, and have some cancer fighting abilities, but from what I've learned from 420Motoco (a member here with loads of concentrated cannabis oil experience), you want to increase the THC.

Now the first thing people think when they hear THC, is the whole stigma of "getting high". However, it has been proven that THC can be ingested without any sort of high, or euphoric effects. At the same time, smoking or vaporizing Cannabis does not come without its own medical benefits. Studies have found a link that show a reduced risk for cancer and disease of the lungs, throat, and head in users who smoke or vaporize it. The conclusion of the study was that the Cannabinoids were almost acting to form a protective effect within the body. The following two links outline how to make, and properly use concentrated Cannabis oil, without those euphoric effects mentioned earlier:

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

This following chart gives you an idea on how effective Cannabis is, medicinally, and outlines a just few of the more common Cannabinoids (There are over 70, if I remember correctly), and what their effects are:

Understanding-Medical-Cannabis-2.jpg

And lastly, this video shows a side by side comparison of healthy brain cells, and cancerous brain cells. Both were exposed to THC for a period of 20 hours, and you can see how effective THC is in destroying unhealthy cells, and how it has no effect on healthy cells.
Normal cells are on the left, Cancer cells are on the right.

The reason for this, is that although society has been led to believe that Cannabis, and THC are unhealthy, addictive, and cause brain damage, this couldn't be further from the truth. The Cannabinoids actually work perfectly with the human endocannabinoid system, just like a lock and key, they were made to fit together perfectly. These Cannabinoids will actually work almost like a security team, checking out all the cells. Cancer cells are simply normal human cells that didn't die when they were supposed to. They're cells that have gone rogue within the body. It's a process known as programmed cell death, or PCD. Cannabinoids will check out every cell in the body, as they come across any rogue, or cancerous cells, they actually force a process that is known as apoptosis, which forces the cancer cells to follow their genetic instructions, and die off to be replaced by new cells.

It's really pretty cool when you think about it!

And the reason Cannabinoids are so effective for brain cancer, is they're in a very small group of compounds that can actually penetrate the blood/brain barrier.

As for a time frame to see results, I'm unsure. I do know it usually takes 3-5 days on average for the oil to become regulated in the system, but obviously this time can vary, as we're all different.

It takes an average of ABOUT 60 grams of oil, ingested over a period of approximately 90 days to cure most cancers. And obviously it goes without saying that some will be cured in a shorter time, and some will take a little longer.

Good luck, and keep us informed. I'm sure 420Motoco will drop in shortly to share his knowledge as well.

Hi,
I am from Serbia Europe and I would like to ask you about cannabis oil.
My daughter has brain tumor (DNET or cortical dysplasia) since she was born. We find out that two years ago on MRI. She is 13 years old and she has seizures.
Now, I get oil from Holland and they send me THC oil (two bottles) and CBD oil (two bottles). Can you please let me know how should I give her that, should I mixed the oil or what. This is web site where I order the oil Stichting Mediwiet.

Back
Top Bottom