Help needed! Hallucinations problem

Fiore79

Hi, I've registered to this forum in hope somebody with more experience would be able to help me.

I'm a caregiver for my mom who has metastatic (lobular) breast cancer (mets to bones, peritoneum, uterus and stomach). We decided to give her RSO in suppositories since she never tried cannabis before and I've read that the high effect is much lower with suppositories. I followed the 4 days doubling doses protocol. We started with 0.06g per day (0.02g per suppo), then doubled to 0.12g per day, then 0.25g and then 0.50g per day. Everything was fine until the last two days of taking 0.25g per day when mom started hallucinating, but still wanted to increase the dose to 0.50, because she (and me) wanted to come to 1g per day as soon as possible. But since she was hallucinating all day and all night and I was afraid it was tiring for her since she wasn't able to rest, I decided to reduce the dose to 0.18g per day (in between 0.12g and 0.25g dose). The first three days on this dose she was feeling better and didn't hallucinate that much, just occasionally and she also told me that this dose is ok, that those higher were too much for her and that she remembers she was talking nonsense. But yesterday she started to hallucinate more again and now I don't know what to do since she is hallucinating that much on such a small dose, when she was able to come up to 0.5g already.

What should I do? Should I stop giving her the oil for a few days so she can recover? She is already pretty weak, since she can't eat and drink much because of stomach mets.

Is this a known effect of RSO? She is talking about 100 different things all mixed up one sentence after another and picking things up with her fingers when nothing's there. I thought she would just sleep really deep if the dose was too strong, I didn't expect all these hallucinations.

Thanks in advance for all your replies.

Thanks SeriousSmoker and Scottyteacher for your replies.

SeriousSmoker: I don't think it's schizophrenia, since it gets better with reducing the dose and I've also checked what the symptoms of schiz are and they are similar, but not like what I saw with mom.

Scottyteacher: I'll have to take another look at tacking, because I still don't really understand everything about tacking :) Did you have hallucinations too? How were they?

I've heard that you can't get high with either anal or tacking but have read cases of people getting seriously messed up with both, I think it is mostly related to dose. Some people are way more sensitive to external stimulants than others; for example me and my dad won't sleep if we have coffee after 5 pm and we are both very sensitive to RSO and take very small doses; my mom on the other hand can have a double expresso at 7 pm and go to bed at 8 pm; she needs huge doses of RSO to feel something.

A friend of the family has problem with sleeping pills and needs to take a bunch to sleep well, he's trying to break his dependency with RSO but is so used to an outside stimulant that needs huge doses.

People have asked me what's their dose; its usually as much as you can tolerate so if you're uncomfortable bring it back down a notch.

P.S. you can use a cinnamon extract from a cooking supply place to improve your RSO flavor if you are making it.

I think you're dosing too much in too short a time. When I first tried MMJ for my cancer I followed a procedure I found on the internet. To get the last bit out of your cooking pot they said to just wipe it out with a piece of bread, which I did. I was really eager to get into it and I ate the piece of bread. About 30 minutes later I was having audible hallucinations. I was on the floor, face down for 6 hrs.

Anyway.... I'd stick to the Rick Simpson method of starting with a grain of rice size bit of MMJ Oil and gradually increase over a mth to a full gram. Hope this helps.

I think you're dosing too much in too short a time. When I first tried MMJ for my cancer I followed a procedure I found on the internet. To get the last bit out of your cooking pot they said to just wipe it out with a piece of bread, which I did. I was really eager to get into it and I ate the piece of bread. About 30 minutes later I was having audible hallucinations. I was on the floor, face down for 6 hrs.

Anyway.... I'd stick to the Rick Simpson method of starting with a grain of rice size bit of MMJ Oil and gradually increase over a mth to a full gram. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom