Need help with mom's brain tumor

frankinco

Hello all,
I am writing in hopes that you all might be able to help me with proper cannabis treatment for my mom. Mom is almost 68 and was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor in October of 2013. Immediately her team of doctors in Denver came up with a treatment plan involving radiation and chemo pills. She had 45 days of radiation, 2 times per day. In January of 2014 she began chemo pills 5 days per month. In April of 2014 her MRI showed that her tumor had shrunk 42%, unheard of in the doctors words. She continued on chemo pills until January of this year. Well, in January her vision was not right and it was discovered she had a cataract in her eye. After undergoing surgery for that a month ago, she still has blurred vision and her balance is off. After a MRI and another special MRI that monitors blood in the brain, they said that the tumor is pressing on the area that controls vision. That it had grown by 2 mm. Her left eye is not moving laterally. At around the same time as the cataract surgery her oncologist decided that he was going to try a drug called Avastin. It was administered through an IV for 90 minutes. She has her next dose next week for 60 minutes. From what I understand, the Avastin is supposed to cut off blood supply to the tumor to prevent it from growing. One thing I might add. The tumor is in a location where a biopsy cannot be taken, so the doctors cannot say for certain that it is cancer or not. But they are treating it as if it is.
We do not know a thing about cannabis except from what we are reading online. She is hesitant about using it because she is afraid it may interfere with the effectiveness of the Avastin. I've read about oils and how they can shrink a tumor, but I know nothing about what I'm looking for or how to use it. So today, I acquired some oil, and to my surprise it came in these tiny syringes. It is called Healing Tears. The packaging says 500mg-Alcohol Extracted CBD Oil, approximately 55% CBD and 1% THC.

I really, really would appreciate any advice, feedback, on what to do.
Thank you so much!

I think most here will agree with me that for cancer some THC is necessary. Its still better than nothing but some anti-tumoral effects are better handled by THC. CBD only oil is very good for epilepsy, Parkinson's, MS and several other illnesses that deal with muscle spasms and/or the nervous system. Perhaps mixing some high THC oil with this one in a 50-50 ratio or even 33% CBD - 66% THC might help.

There are methods to reduce the high but what concerns me the most is she's not really that convinced and in the end, she wants to want to do it.

People, specially older folk are really afraid of getting high. For all their lives its been drilled into their heads that cannabis is dangerous and highly addictive when in fact if my mom doesn't drink a cup of coffee every 24 hours she'll start getting headaches; talk about dependency.

Although there are several methods of extracting, in your case you wanna dose correctly and the best way is called tacking:

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I know there's several people here treating cancer that wish they had started sooner.

Back
Top Bottom