Looking for help in Arizona

Traveler70

Hello to the forum!

I am a prostate cancer warrior. Been fighting this battle for almost 4 years without conventional treatment. Last year we moved to Arizona for the MMJ program there and have struggled to find the best source of CCO commonly referred to as RSO. Most dispensaries do not carry quantity or verifiable quality. In spite of that I have managed to reduce my cancer tumors to the point my conventional doctors are astounded.

I would like to find a care provider or consultant type help in AZ that can help find and manage better the medicine I need to keep the pressure on my cancer. I know there are knowledgeable folks out there but do not know how to find them. The problem with finding a care provider in AZ is, as I understand it, you are not permitted to have one unless you live more than 25 miles from a dispensary. The state assumes every/any dispensary can provide product or advice on treatment, which is not the case. The closest dispensary to me does not currently carry RSO or anything like it and seem unable or unwilling to get it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hello to the forum!

I am a prostate cancer warrior. Been fighting this battle for almost 4 years without conventional treatment. Last year we moved to Arizona for the MMJ program there and have struggled to find the best source of CCO commonly referred to as RSO. Most dispensaries do not carry quantity or verifiable quality. In spite of that I have managed to reduce my cancer tumors to the point my conventional doctors are astounded.

I would like to find a care provider or consultant type help in AZ that can help find and manage better the medicine I need to keep the pressure on my cancer. I know there are knowledgeable folks out there but do not know how to find them. The problem with finding a care provider in AZ is, as I understand it, you are not permitted to have one unless you live more than 25 miles from a dispensary. The state assumes every/any dispensary can provide product or advice on treatment, which is not the case. The closest dispensary to me does not currently carry RSO or anything like it and seem unable or unwilling to get it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hi you have come to the right place. First let me welcome you to 420 mag :circle-of-love:

RSO is this :) Cannabis Oil Cure for Cancer - How Rick Simpson Makes Medicine

And also.. let me snoop around to see if I can find any help.

IN the mean time come here :SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

Btw eat a lot of tomatoes.. fried/cooked raw... anything.. It helps!!

Hi Traveler! :welcome:

AngryBird has been looking for help for you. I don't know anyone personally in AZ, but you may want to start here until someone can make a recommendation:

Arizona

:goodluck:

Thank you AngryBird and Mr. Krip.

I have been a member here for a year and read all I can and need more specific information from someone involved with making their own. I hope to find a AZ registered Caregiver that can help.

Thank you AngryBird and Mr. Krip.

I have been a member here for a year and read all I can and need more specific information from someone involved with making their own. I hope to find a AZ registered Caregiver that can help.

Is there no way to grow your own? This is the only way to control quality, and there are many ways to grow in limited space and basic accommodations. You'd have to continue getting your supply from a dispensary until harvest, but you'd control the medicine. Making your own oil is not that difficult an undertaking.

I have no idea how one would find a qualified and trustworthy caregiver. Unfortunately, prohibition has created roadblocks in legal states as well.

I'm heartened that you've managed to impress your doctors. This gives me great hope that you're on the right track. May I ask, how are you dosing? cajuncelt's been pretty insistent that the prostate survivors he's met in his own dance with prostate cancer all used suppositories. I'd like you to be one of those survivors and if you're doing so with another method I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Good luck with your search. I'd assume you'll find someone. That belief will help draw this person to you. :battingeyelashes: :love:

SweetSue,

My method is rectal administration using syringes. For me, much easier and it seems to be working. Started in May 2015 after biopsy #2 showed the cancer was spreading. Then after several months dosing I had biopsy #3 and the tumors were almost gone and the PSA score was lower than it was 5 years prior to cancer diagnosis. My dosing is the "low dose/long term" program per my consulting with a doctor in CA. While it is working, I do want to control the quality and quantity. In AZ, you can grow your own or have a Caregiver grow it for you, IF you live more than 25 miles from the nearest dispensary. My nearest dispensary does not carry what I need so I will move to a location where I can get a Caregiver to grow it for me. I am sure they are out there and by posting here I hope to find some leads.

I wanted to PM you many times but I have not met the 50 posting requirement, which seems sort of like the Florida requirement to be under the care of a MMJ doctor 3 months before he can prescribe MMJ for cancer, etc. Needless roadblocks for those needing help.

SweetSue,

My method is rectal administration using syringes. For me, much easier and it seems to be working. Started in May 2015 after biopsy #2 showed the cancer was spreading. Then after several months dosing I had biopsy #3 and the tumors were almost gone and the PSA score was lower than it was 5 years prior to cancer diagnosis. My dosing is the "low dose/long term" program per my consulting with a doctor in CA. While it is working, I do want to control the quality and quantity. In AZ, you can grow your own or have a Caregiver grow it for you, IF you live more than 25 miles from the nearest dispensary. My nearest dispensary does not carry what I need so I will move to a location where I can get a Caregiver to grow it for me. I am sure they are out there and by posting here I hope to find some leads.

I wanted to PM you many times but I have not met the 50 posting requirement, which seems sort of like the Florida requirement to be under the care of a MMJ doctor 3 months before he can prescribe MMJ for cancer, etc. Needless roadblocks for those needing help.

So in your case, what is the rule? You live close enough but they don't have what you need.. are you allowed to grow?
I actually would grow.
:circle-of-love:

I do live too close to a dispensary that does not have what I need, nor do they care to get what I need. This has forced me to travel 60+ miles to shop at other dispensaries. If I lived over 25 miles from any dispensary I would be allowed to grow, but I would not have the facility or time and want a caregiver for help, advice and assistance in making my own CCO.

SweetSue,

Unfortunately I don't know the states where many members are located but I just PM'd a great long-time member, @Hozona, who I'm only assuming is in AZ and asked for his help. ;)

Traveler,

You can make your own. It is not that hard and there is not that much loss. Growing your own really keeps the cost down with higher consumption rates.

Nevada will take anyone's card. Colorado had two tiered pricing last I heard, medical is/was less. I do not know if they take out of state cards.

I am in Southwestern NM and 'Care Giver' is not set up like other states. A Care Giver can buy and transport cannabis and plants for a patient but only grow it at the patient's residence.

CBD extracts are cumming down in price. Adding some to dosing is an option.

Short term, probably your best option is to find a green cross that has what you need and drive there. You could pick up two or three months worth if it was too much of a trip. I would probably opt for checking out most dispensaries in a city and go back to the one I liked best.

Best and luck
canyon

Canyon,

That is what I have been doing for the last 15 months......shopping at the dispensaries that may have a few grams of RSO, off and on, and of unknown quality, and unknown certainty of when they will have enough to supply me for a month or so. I am using 7grams a month right now.

I have called or visited over a dozen dispensaries in the Phoenix area, plus those in Prescott, Flagstaff, and points in between. I am now ready to make my own providing I can find a caregiver that will help me grow it and make my CCO. I know I could do it myself, an accomplished brewer, wine maker and moonshiner. But right now my age, medical issues, time available and abode do not allow me to make my own CCO.

Every state that has MMJ does it differently and for me Arizona had the program that was more suitable, plus I can tolerate the winter weather better in AZ than Colorado.

Canyon,

That is what I have been doing for the last 15 months......shopping at the dispensaries that may have a few grams of RSO, off and on, and of unknown quality, and unknown certainty of when they will have enough to supply me for a month or so. I am using 7grams a month right now.

I have called or visited over a dozen dispensaries in the Phoenix area, plus those in Prescott, Flagstaff, and points in between. I am now ready to make my own providing I can find a caregiver that will help me grow it and make my CCO. I know I could do it myself, an accomplished brewer, wine maker and moonshiner. But right now my age, medical issues, time available and abode do not allow me to make my own CCO.

Every state that has MMJ does it differently and for me Arizona had the program that was more suitable, plus I can tolerate the winter weather better in AZ than Colorado.

I just PM'd @Shawnee, too. I'm guessing she's also close and, if so, would be perfect!

Mr Krip,

They should have some contacts and ideas.

Traveler, your handle implies that you are not tied to a fixed location, still moving is a chore. Unless you are really out in the sticks, you should be able to find someone trustworthy who has less overhead than the dispensaries. Is Tuscon too far?

I have a question for you. Last year I stopped into a dispensary in Tuscon and ask the about out of state patients. That girl said I could posses it and smoke it but I could not buy it. Is this correct? I shop in Tuscon some in the winter. I don't tend to be all that covert around hotel rooms, still it would be nice to know it was not a problem.

Best.

The problem right now is my address. I am within 25 miles of one dispensary. This precludes me from growing my own or being assigned to a registered caregiver. My intent is to first find a good caregiver I can work with, then move so that I am farther than 25 miles from any dispensary. This aspect of the AZ MMJ law is supposedly being challenged but until it changes I have to comply.

Canyon as to your question. AZ does have some kind of reciprocity but I don't know about your particular state being recognized. However possession of any amount in AZ without a proper MMJ card is a felony. With a recognized MMJ card you are allowed to possess 2.5oz.

The problem right now is my address. I am within 25 miles of one dispensary. This precludes me from growing my own or being assigned to a registered caregiver. My intent is to first find a good caregiver I can work with, then move so that I am farther than 25 miles from any dispensary. This aspect of the AZ MMJ law is supposedly being challenged but until it changes I have to comply.

Canyon as to your question. AZ does have some kind of reciprocity but I don't know about your particular state being recognized. However possession of any amount in AZ without a proper MMJ card is a felony. With a recognized MMJ card you are allowed to possess 2.5oz.

Sawnee lives too far away.. and informed me that you can go to your nearest dispensary and ask them for caregivers with open rooster

Sawnee lives too far away.. and informed me that you can go to your nearest dispensary and ask them for caregivers with open rooster

Yeah...she responded to me that she's in MI and Honzona replied that he only grows "guerilla" for personal use.

Hey AngryBird and Mr. Krip,

Thanks for your efforts here and making those contacts. I actually called the two main dispensaries I deal with and neither one has or keeps any kind of Caregiver roster/list or know of any. Actually Caregivers are in competition with dispensaries so I can see why. One did suggest I look on Craigslist or classifieds in the local papers. I will take a look there. I have posted inquiries on the AZMMJ web site with negative results.

Gonna be an interesting adventure!!

Back
Top Bottom