Need Help With Greenout Symptoms

blueyedmule

My wife has developed tremors in her hands, twitching and leg spasms, and tremors in her head. These attacks come late at night or in the morning. We had to quit dosing. She took oil by ingesting for nearly all the time she was on, about four months. We had just discovered tacking but my wife is too messed up now. We need help, she has breast cancer and this is our only treatment.

Okay, I'll start by making it clear that I'm not an expert, however, as I haven't seen anyone else reply yet lets get some more info and go from there.

You've said your wife's been ingesting oil for 4 months but has now stopped due to adverse side effects.

1) What was the oil? Was a concentrated cannabis oil/Rick Simpson oil? Did you (or your wife) make it? How was it made? What solvent? What else do you know about this oil? What strain(s) did it come from? If you don't know the strains do you know anything about the cannabinoid profile (THC/CBD/others)?

2) How did she ingest it? Did she take it with anything else (e.g. coconut oil) or did she simply swallow the oil? What quantity was a dose? How frequently did she take doses?

3) How long has she stopped taking the oil for? Have the symptoms resolved?

4) Has she taken cannabis in any form before? If so, what form? Did she have the same side effects?

5) While she was ingesting the oil did anyone check her blood pressure/glucose? Did she have any blood tests done? If so was anything out of the ordinary?

6) Is your wife taking any other medication? Is she having any other treatment such as chemo/radiotherapy?

Okay, I'll start by making it clear that I'm not an expert, however, as I haven't seen anyone else reply yet lets get some more info and go from there.

You've said your wife's been ingesting oil for 4 months but has now stopped due to adverse side effects.

1) What was the oil? Was a concentrated cannabis oil/Rick Simpson oil? Did you (or your wife) make it? How was it made? What solvent? What else do you know about this oil? What strain(s) did it come from? If you don't know the strains do you know anything about the cannabinoid profile (THC/CBD/others)?

2) How did she ingest it? Did she take it with anything else (e.g. coconut oil) or did she simply swallow the oil? What quantity was a dose? How frequently did she take doses?

3) How long has she stopped taking the oil for? Have the symptoms resolved?

4) Has she taken cannabis in any form before? If so, what form? Did she have the same side effects?

5) While she was ingesting the oil did anyone check her blood pressure/glucose? Did she have any blood tests done? If so was anything out of the ordinary?

6) Is your wife taking any other medication? Is she having any other treatment such as chemo/radiotherapy?

The oil was/is RSO, made by me. I made a day and a night oil. Night oil was made from a few different Kush strains, all very sleeptime. Day oil was a LOT of Pineapple and then several other hybrids as well as a few high CBDs like Cannatonic. I used Everclear as solvent, cooked at 180 degrees on an induction burner and then decarbed in the oven at 255 degrees for an hour, making sure it stopped bubbling completely. All my weed was bought through dispensaries here in Oregon. I have the basic THC profile on them; to memory, nothing was much higher than 15% which is a little low for what Rick seems to ask, but we had been having problems with the oil I had made using 20+% buds.

She was just swallowing it originally; we discovered tacking recently. She had problems both ways. She was up to two rice every eight hours at one time, but her clock wasn't consistent at eight hours per dose. No coconut oil.

She's been off oil for a few weeks. Symptoms haven't resolved. In some ways they've got worse. It always hits her at night, and sometimes into the morning hours. Then it was getting her in the evenings as well. Now pretty much any time.

She smoked up a few times back in the 70's as teens. A few good giggly experiences, a few freak-out bad ones. They never knew what they were smoking.

Our blood panels are generally run every 90 days or so. She's never been diagnosed with blood sugar problems. We tried treating her symptoms as if it were a blood sugar problem with no improvement of symptoms.

No other meds; we haven't started any conventional treatment for her cancer and don't plan to at this time.

Ok, I answered all the questions in case anyone else ends up in this place. Her doc says it's all PTSD, unrelated to her marijuana intake. That's why it hits at night. I accidently triggered an attack last night by simply turning off the lamp on her unannounced. She has had the same attacks without weed as she has with. In fact, I've consistently been able to control her symptoms with NY Purple Diesel smoked in a joint, but Thai Purple Haze seems to have made it worse. I'm hoping to be able in time to add a few more strains she is confident in, since NYPD isn't always available.

In retrospect, she has had the same kinds of body twitches when falling asleep for at least the last twelve years, just not near the violence and intensity. Once I tied those together PTSD made much more sense, and confirmed in my mind at least because of how we can control the symptoms with the NYPD and I'm sure other strains like maybe Pineapple.

since NYPD isn't always available.

Agrestic in Corvallis had it on their menu the other day (got some last week and liked it), OR a big place though so might be of no help.

Agrestic in Corvallis had it on their menu the other day (got some last week and liked it), OR a big place though so might be of no help.

Thanks! In a pinch that might be a help.

Weed didn't work last night. Or I should say, not right away. It seems to help symptoms stay away, but I can't convince my wife to smoke a little more if an attack is already happening, so she will only take a little hit and then become worried it isn't working. Of course, this adds to the stress/fear. Her attack was shortened last night and this morning, though, with just a little bit of Diesel.

We are going to counselling for her, and have Xanax on the back burner for emergencies. We both would rather NOT go that route if at all possible.

Thanks! In a pinch that might be a help.

Weed didn't work last night. Or I should say, not right away. It seems to help symptoms stay away, but I can't convince my wife to smoke a little more if an attack is already happening, so she will only take a little hit and then become worried it isn't working. Of course, this adds to the stress/fear. Her attack was shortened last night and this morning, though, with just a little bit of Diesel.

We are going to counselling for her, and have Xanax on the back burner for emergencies. We both would rather NOT go that route if at all possible.

Hope you find something that works well for her/you.

So far it's basically breathing techniques, mindfulness, and acceptance of the attacks. It does seem to help. She got to bed through one attack which managed to not become full-blown because she used the techniques she had just learned. We're back to the counselor again today.

So far it's basically breathing techniques, mindfulness, and acceptance of the attacks. It does seem to help. She got to bed through one attack which managed to not become full-blown because she used the techniques she had just learned. We're back to the counselor again today.

Sounds like progress which is good, probably like my Wife's MS though where sometimes staying the same is good too versus progressive worse changes.

Back
Top Bottom