Ovarian Cancer - Treatment protocol required using CBD / CBDa

Nixie

Hi all

Please excuse this long post, but lots to ask.

I have ovarian cancer which has spread within the abdomen and am presently undergoing chemotherapy and nearing the end of my first course. The aim was to allow me to have surgery but there is still too much metastised cancer present - I understand the outer surface of the small bowel is the problem - and I am told it is highly unlikely that I will be offered surgery now - which more than halves my life expectancy.

I have to say that conventional chemo has helped me a lot and that I would almost certainly be dead by now if it were not for this treatment, However surgery was always the aim for me and without that I don't think chemo will get me much further. Ironically I now actually feel in better health than for years previously; so I am not going to just lie down and accept the 18 months or so that the statistics give me, punctuated by increasingly ineffective courses of chemo - I want to take my health in my own hands and try something different.

At present I have 6 weeks - 5 treatments - of paclitaxel to go, then I'll be assessed again for surgery but I feel that they've already pretty well decided I won't get it. However I intend to give this chemo the best chance I can, so I am backing it up with fasting 2 days before, 1 after to protect the immune system (and maybe even improve the kill rate); a change to a low-carb diet so as not to feed the cancer on glucose - and CBD oil, though not, unfortunately at the dose I would really need for it to tackle the cancer in its own right. THC is of course illegal here and I don't have access to it; CBD, given that growing cannabis is also not legal, is imported and expensive, but available. I was stockpiling it in order to try the full gram a day, 3 month protocol - I am going to use what I've got, then try save up again for a proper go at the end of March, trusting that chemotherapy, with or without surgery, will buy me that much time in the first instance.

I have gleaned loads of advice and guidance from this forum and I intend to try biobombs and include the pessary route as well as oral to get maximum impact from my limited supply; I shall start that this week. However, most of the information on here really applies to THC rich oil - is it also relevant to CBD and CBDa rich oils or does it need adjustment?

What would an appropriate protocol be for using CBD / CBDa?

THE BIG QUESTION. Does it work? Or is THC really necessary?

Also, where does the cottage cheese come in? I haven't quite sussed that. I would willingly shove it up any orifice necessary, but I'm really hoping I can eat it?

I have no previous experience of cannabis; beyond a bit of mild alcohol abuse as a student I've never really wanted to "twiddle the dials of consciousness" (as a friend once put it) let alone become a grower, but given that I would rather be a live renegade than a dead sheep, I am coming round to the idea, spurred on by the moralistic attitude of the establishment which seems to ignore life-saving potential in favour of political correctness.

So, if I were ever to make my own oil, how long would it store? is it something that goes rancid?

Any advice on varieties? To minimise the risk of discovery and to speed the process, I think I would need THC rich, early maturing, auto flowering varieties - I could still buy in CBDa - but how many indoor plants would I need to give me the THC rich component of a cancer cure, given that I am not an experienced grower and my facilities would be pretty low-tech.? I have looked at some of the catalogues, but my estimates could be way out.

How big do these plants grow?

So many questions and a massive learning curve ahead of me.

Thank goodness I found this place.:thumb:

edited to ask one more question - bio bombs; liquid sunflower lecithin is hard to get here - I have some on order but it won't come for a while. Is there any reason to avoid soya lecithin, which is much easier to find?

Hello Nixie :hug: Glad you found us too. We typically carry on the conversations on protocols over at CajunCelt's cancer protocol thread.

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer.

If you'd be open to that we can do so after this initial interaction, but that's not necessary, if you'd be more comfortable here. Let me see what I can answer for you here.

Hi all

Please excuse this long post, but lots to ask.

Let this be the last time you apologize for asking lots of questions. We're here to answer them, and I'm going to always encourage you to share more and ask more. :battingeyelashes:

Nixie said:
I have ovarian cancer which has spread within the abdomen and am presently undergoing chemotherapy and nearing the end of my first course. The aim was to allow me to have surgery but there is still too much metastised cancer present - I understand the outer surface of the small bowel is the problem - and I am told it is highly unlikely that I will be offered surgery now - which more than halves my life expectancy.

Couldn't pass this up. Your life expectancy has nothing to do with what they tell you or what statistics show about anyone else. You control your ECS, and no one else. Your deliberate control of your thoughts will be instrumental in assisting your ECS in its healing endeavor. It was evolved to destroy cancer cells, and in a healthier, less-stressed world it would be doing just that. Decide that this alternative method will be the ticket and let your ECS find the way to homeostasis guided by those expectant thoughts and feelings.

Nixie said:
I have to say that conventional chemo has helped me a lot and that I would almost certainly be dead by now if it were not for this treatment, However surgery was always the aim for me and without that I don't think chemo will get me much further. Ironically I now actually feel in better health than for years previously; so I am not going to just lie down and accept the 18 months or so that the statistics give me, punctuated by increasingly ineffective courses of chemo - I want to take my health in my own hands and try something different.

At present I have 6 weeks - 5 treatments - of paclitaxel to go, then I'll be assessed again for surgery but I feel that they've already pretty well decided I won't get it. However I intend to give this chemo the best chance I can, so I am backing it up with fasting 2 days before, 1 after to protect the immune system (and maybe even improve the kill rate); a change to a low-carb diet so as not to feed the cancer on glucose - and CBD oil, though not, unfortunately at the dose I would really need for it to tackle the cancer in its own right. THC is of course illegal here and I don't have access to it; CBD, given that growing cannabis is also not legal, is imported and expensive, but available. I was stockpiling it in order to try the full gram a day, 3 month protocol - I am going to use what I've got, then try save up again for a proper go at the end of March, trusting that chemotherapy, with or without surgery, will buy me that much time in the first instance.

I have gleaned loads of advice and guidance from this forum and I intend to try biobombs and include the pessary route as well as oral to get maximum impact from my limited supply; I shall start that this week. However, most of the information on here really applies to THC rich oil - is it also relevant to CBD and CBDa rich oils or does it need adjustment?

THC is the heavy-handed cancer killer, the cannabinoid that signals cell apoptosis, the suicide choice that does no damage to neighboring healthy cells, unlike chemo. The unfortunate truth about chemo is that it doesn't kill the very cells that drive the cancer to proliferate, the master cells. They go into hiding and come back with a vengeance. It's the fatal flaw in chemo that no one wants to face.

But I'm thankful to hear that you've benefitted from the treatments you've recieved up to now. I'm not anti-chemo, just cautious about it.

You can increase the benefits of chemo by incorporating cannabis into the treatments. Cannabis will potentiate many chemo drugs, allowing a smaller dose of the chemical poisons as the cannabinoids also protect the healthy cells, most notably the neurons. Cannabis supports the health of the immune system, which reduces the chances of infection and limits the damage to the gut health, which can negatively impact so many systems when it falters.

While THC signals cell apoptosis CBD signals in a way that limits the tumor cells ability to grow more blood vessels, in effect starving the tumors. This takes longer than the actions initiated by the signalling of THC, which is why we want THC in the regimen. Not only that, but the major cannabinoids potentiate each other in such wonderful ways that it's crazy not to use them together.

If CBD is all you can get, then it's all you can get, but I'd strongly advise incorporating THC into the mix. You can use biobombs as suppositories and eliminate overwhelming euphoria while getting a sizable cannabinoid load into the struggling system.

Nixie said:
What would an appropriate protocol be for using CBD / CBDa?

THE BIG QUESTION. Does it work? Or is THC really necessary?

If only using CBD/CBDa you'd still follow the basic formulations in the BioBomb thread. You can use much higher concentrations of CBD than you can THC, and in this way you might be able to overcome the lack of THC, but I'd be happier with at least a small amount of THC to potentiate that CBD.

There are reports coming in from clinical work of CBD being effective on its own as a cancer treatment. The field is in its infancy, so we're out here in the trenches sloshing it out the hard way. If it were me, I'd be hitting up in the range of 200-300 milligrams a day of CBD to start. You'd be in new territory here though.

In your case I'd think training the mind might be more of a necessity. You'd be asking the ECS to do something you may not believe is possible, at least in the beginning. The more you can believe the treatment is effective the better your outcome will be. If you want to explore this concept further we can. I realize I'm spouting something many don't accept as fact, but then what do you have to lose in believing your ECS is a powerful force for homeostasis?

Nixie said:
Also, where does the cottage cheese come in? I haven't quite sussed that. I would willingly shove it up any orifice necessary, but I'm really hoping I can eat it?

The Budwig protocol uses a combination of cottage cheese and freshly-ground flaxseed to create a chemical reaction in the body that floods the cells with oxygen, an atmosphere toxic to cancer cells. The original Budwig protocol is a thing of wonder, and if you can follow it, I'd advise you give it a try. There are copy-cat methods out there worth avoiding. It's the original Budwig protocol that warrants a closer look.

Nixie said:
I have no previous experience of cannabis; beyond a bit of mild alcohol abuse as a student I've never really wanted to "twiddle the dials of consciousness" (as a friend once put it) let alone become a grower, but given that I would rather be a live renegade than a dead sheep, I am coming round to the idea, spurred on by the moralistic attitude of the establishment which seems to ignore life-saving potential in favour of political correctness.

So, if I were ever to make my own oil, how long would it store? is it something that goes rancid?

The oil should be stored in the fridge to keep it from going rancid. There's oil, and there's oil. Concentrated cannabis oil is mostly the major cannabinoids with whatever other components survived the production process. Effective, but somewhat limited, IMHO. Infused oils, made properly, contain a much richer mix of healing components, and cannabis is effective precisely because of the entourage effect, whereby the components of the plant's essential oils interact with each other in a way that makes the whole more than the sum of its parts. A brilliant evolutionary result.

I'd recommend an infused oil. We have a method for making one with fresh plant material, should you come across any. That particular oil has tremendous medicinal value. For many cancer treatments we use CCO, but it's mostly to get the benefit of the THC in large concentrations. Take THC out of the equation and I'd think an infused oil would be much easier to deal with. This is assuming you have plant material to play with.

Nixie said:
Any advice on varieties? To minimise the risk of discovery and to speed the process, I think I would need THC rich, early maturing, auto flowering varieties - I could still buy in CBDa - but how many indoor plants would I need to give me the THC rich component of a cancer cure, given that I am not an experienced grower and my facilities would be pretty low-tech.? I have looked at some of the catalogues, but my estimates could be way out.

These were my first two plants ever grown by my hand. You'll find this post here.

image19940.jpg

image19969.jpg

Nixie said:
How big do these plants grow?

These stopped at around four feet each. This is pretty standard for many autos. Autos are fairly easy to grow. When you grow for oil for cancer treatment you want one that develops copious amounts of oil and is high in THC. Light drives the grow, so put money into lights.

I can look into good choices for you and get back to you later.
It's notable that I got these results with more CFLs hanging around the plants than anyone had seen happen around here. I didn't have money for a great light, so I got creative. Thinking outside the box becomes commonplace with cannabis cultivation and dosing. You'll get used to that. :battingeyelashes:

Nixie said:
So many questions and a massive learning curve ahead of me.

Thank goodness I found this place.:thumb:

edited to ask one more question - bio bombs; liquid sunflower lecithin is hard to get here - I have some on order but it won't come for a while. Is there any reason to avoid soya lecithin, which is much easier to find?

The learning is so exciting and wonderous that it becomes almost obsessive Nixie. You'll find yourself understanding the language in no time.

Soy lecithin is problamatic because so much of the world's supply of soy is genetically modified. The last thing a compromised immune system needs is something messing up the gut. This problem doesn't exist with liquid sunflower lecithin, which also has the advantage of glycophospholipids. I don't know if soy lecithin has this component.

That's a lot to take in. You have plenty of time and your choice to take control is a wise one, I believe. Keep asking questions. We'll sort it out.

Wonderful! Thank you, Sweet Sue, for taking the time to explain all that and offer so much support and encouragement. Those plants look VERY encouraging... hmmm...

Sorry if this wasn't the best place for my post; I would be very happy if this were to be moved to the other thread.

Please could I have a link to the infused oil you mentioned? Was this the one I read about where you were using olive oil rather than alcohol?

And yes, I agree that the right frame of mind makes all the difference in the world; you start to realise the possibilities, that you can do far more than you ever thought you could. This must - just must make a difference to your inner state of health, too.

2 days ago I couldn't see myself using THC; this evening I was measuring up a space for the growing cabinet...

I'm thrilled to hear that girl. :high-five: I started that closet grow at the age of 61, knowing nothing about what I was doing, while my husband was dying. It transformed my life. My husband didn't live long enough to benefit from what I do now, but we're eternal beings, and he's off playing somewhere in the universe while I play here. I'm good with that. :battingeyelashes:

I'll move the first two posts and we can pick up from there on Cajun's thread. That room has other members watching and responding. I've found the brainstorming quality of what we do around this virtual neighborhood to be helpful in working out the particulars of a regimen.

The oil link. I'll be making a batch today and documenting the use of the pressure cooker.

Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

And a link to Cajun's room. He's off living life somewhere unknown to us these days, but we keep the work alive in his absence.

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

I'll see you there. :ciao:

Hi Nixie,
While there is great information in the "Base Regimen for Cancer" thread, in my experience all cancers are not the same. So I think there is value in a thread that is OVCA specific.
My wife was diagnosed with stage III OVCA about three years ago and after debulking and 3 rounds of chemo was found to be platinum resistant like yourself. We did many of the things you described (Fasting, Budwig, RSO, Zelda consultations etc. you can find the details elsewhere on this site).
Long and short of it is that cannabis did not appear to benefit her condition and we decided to stop. We may use it in the future however we continued to try other alternative ways to resist this disease. So far she is doing well and feeling good, in spite of being given 6 months to live over a year ago.
This site is dedicate to the medicinal use of cannabis and for that we are grateful. But cannabis alone may not be effective enough in all situations. So my advice is to keep an open mind and follow what works for you. If you do not see the results you need, don't lose hope. You want to recover your health and beat this disease. How you do it is not really important. Read as much as you can about recovery and especially read a book called "Radical Remission".
Good luck and God Bless you.

Hi Amanita

Really glad that your wife is doing well - hope she confounds the negative predictions and beats this.

Please could I ask - did the cannabis therapy simply not work for her, or was it too uncomfortable, or did it prove to be too difficult to acquire a good quality extract? I looked back over your posts and see that she had some stomach cramps from it.

I am coming to realise just how much countering an illness like this is a whole-life thing. I feel better if I exercise, I feel better if I eat appropriately and I even feel better from the fasting. I do feel better for taking CBD and especially CBDa. (No THC yet. Soon...) Some of it is just "surface" wellbeing, I dare say, and cannot do enough to really tackle the cancer, but "many a mickle makes a muckle" - the sum of small parts may add up to something big and life-changing. So I am very keen to read the book you suggest and to see what other parts of the jigsaw I can find and slot in - and I must also thank you for your gentle warning and kind and supportive words.

Yes, I agree that there is no single answer - I am hoping that for me cannabis will be the thing I need to push the cancer off a cliff, so to speak, but I shan't expect it to operate alone and clearly, as with conventional medicine, it isn't going to work in every case.

It is a new experience for me, though, which is already proving interesting in its own right.

My very best wishes to your wife, and thanks, Amanita.

Back
Top Bottom