Kief Balm?

LizoRedlands

I'm a really new MMJ patient; I got my card on Friday.

I bought some Ganja Juice medicated lotion, and it works really well. I have fibromyalgia, and was walking around a lot yesterday, and it worked like a charm on my hip pain. It worked WAY better than ibuprofen would, and from what I've read, cannabis is less of a load on your kidneys and stomach like ibuprofen.

The problem with the Ganja Juice medicated lotion is that I haven't found it in a fragrance-free version. I'm allergic to fragrance (it breaks me out), and try to avoid it. Fragrance won't kill me, but it will make me a zitty wonder. LOL!

So, I'm experimenting with making some balm. I made some with 1g kief, 1/2 cup olive oil, and about 1/3 of a cup of beeswax. It smells like cannabis (Ganja Juice doesn't), and just doesn't seem to touch the pain like the Ganja Juice stuff.

Is there any way to redeem this stuff? If I add tincture, will that work? Has anyone had any experience using kief in balms/ointments?

And, as a last resort, if I use it in brownies, will it medicate me? LOL! I used really high-quality beeswax that is edible.

Thanks!

I would think if you are mixing straight kief it may not work... Largely the cannabinoids are still kind of "sealed". You would want to cook it into the oil... I have little information with topical mixes... Definitely something I will experiment with one day. I'll look through my files and will let you know if I find something about making creams.

I wish I could tell you about your ratio... I think it may be a little to diluted, but really cannot say for sure. Does the product you have used previously tell you a cannabinoid content or any other "nutritional information"? I think addition of tincture would probably help kick it up if its not working.

Do topical applications help you more than other forms of medicating? I haven't known many people with your condition, so I am very curious if you do not mind me asking.

Another thought about the Ganja Juice product... Did it have any other chemicals or additives that may have assisted in pain relief? Maybe if you integrate other natural topical medicines, it may add a little kick.. Checking the GJ would be a good place to start though.. But right there, I'll also say you gotta be careful!!! Natural doesn't mean safe, and the poison is in the dose! Cannabis is one of the few things you can have lots of and its pretty safe.

Thanks for responding!

I forgot to mention that I cooked the kief in the olive oil. To tell you the truth, it's a bit too oily for me. My skin is oily enough as it is, and the balm I made would probably break me out if I used it in the long run.

I'm looking at the Ganja Juice ingredients, and it has some things that help it be absorbed into the skin, but no type of anti-inflammatory that would help with the pain relief.

Fibromyalgia is basically a central nervous system disorder. People who have it have a very low tolerance for pain, get a lot of muscle aches, fatigue, IBS, depression. I'm still very new to the MMJ thing, but I bought the cream because I get a lot of muscle pain, especially when I'm walking a lot, like at Disneyland or at a park. If I'm out and about, I don't want to smoke or eat anything that will get me stoned. So far, the lotion has worked great for my pain. I was very surprised at how well it works.

I also tried it on my face when I was starting to get a super bad sinus headache that was headed for a migraine, and it stopped it in its tracks. I didn't think that it would help at all with that, but it did. Absolutely amazing.

Do you happen to have any experience of turning regular lotion into medicated lotion? I can't find much online about it.

You may want to go to a holistic therapy type store and talk w/ "the doctor" . They create much of their own stuff and should be able to point you in the right direction.

We appreciate your review on our product! Due to your review, we have decided to add non-fragrance lotion to our collection starting after the new year. If you wanted to send me your email, we can inform you when & where the fragrance-free lotion will be available! Thank you for your enthusiastic review & we are so happy it works so well for you!

Old post but I don't think you are using enough kief.
My limited experience with hash oil and RSO suggests 2g of extract to 10-15g coconut oil (good transdermal) carrier.
1g of kief in half a cup (160+ml?) of olive carrier is too weak for topical .

Back
Top Bottom