Anyone Have Experience Using Cannabis Roots in Recipies?

Gozgrow

I have been reading around and found recipes to make topicals using the roots of the cannabis plant. Does anyone have experience using the roots for this or any other purposes. Please post recipes, Experiences, and or Ideas. :thanks:

I know this topic is a few months old, but I came across this information in my research and thought I would share:

"Pliny the Elder, an ancient Roman nobleman, scientist, and historian, author of Naturalis Historia (79 AD), [writes] that 'The roots [of the cannabis plant] boiled in water ease cramped joints, gout too and similar violent pain.'"

Source: Lumír Ondrej Hanuš, Doctor of Sciences, CSc, RNDr "Discovery and Isolation of Anandamide and Other Endocannabinoids," Chemistry and Biodiversity, Aug. 2007

I'm sorry but I can't find anything about the roots containing any psychoactive substances. Someone feel free to refute me if you can find anything!

See, THC and many of the cannabinoids evolved in marijuana as a natural pest control. Many species of insect get sick or die from THC ingestion. Marijuana has not evolved with insects eating its roots.

AFAIK, also, roots are pretty much the same in all flowering eudicot species of plants. I was a botany major for all of one year in college lol, and I never heard anything about any roots of any flowering plants really being any different than the others. Again, I am totally open to being proven wrong, but I find it highly unlikely that there are any medically active components within the roots of the marijuana plant that are not there in other flowering plants' roots.

Pardon me for interrupting this old topic, but I make nutritional foods and medicinal smoothies with Cannabis sativa L. (industrial hemp) sprouts which is juvenile root radicle and emergent cotyledon.

As for field grown cannabis, please bear in mind that cannabis is a soil cleaner plant. Industrial hemp is often grown to reclaim toxic lands poisoned by industrial waste and mining. Cannabis roots are used to sponge up toxic minerals in the earth and are particularly cadmium hungry. Thus, unless you know what is in your soil and nutrients, soil grown cannabis roots may not be the best stuff to make medicines with.

Fortunately, Pliny the Elder and other ancients did not have to worry about industrial chemical waste.

The medicinal production of cannabinoids and terpenes begin in the leaf and extends into flowers. This is why hemp oil made from pressed hemp seed should contain no cannabinoids unless there is residue on the hemp seed shell itself. Hemp oil would need to be infused with cannabinoids and terpenes extracted from leaves and flowers to make the product medicinal.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom