Thread: Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Quote Originally Posted by InTheShed View Post
    Oh...also, I'm not sure how 0.5 gm to 10 gm translates to 5-10 mg of cannabinoids per dose.
    Right?! I just went with the mg of cannabinoids, as we have a couple different strains going... I'm such a noob to all of this. I was worried about "too weak to be effective" but it honestly didn't occur to me to go high and dilute (start low/go slow sank in too well, I guess). Makes perfect sense. Thanks!
    InTheShed, Radogast thanked you for this post

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure exactly who will be interested, but I'm sure some might be.

The cover art for my novel, Finding Max, came in today and so I'm copying it here for you all to see.

If you are wondering who Darren M. Jorgensen is, well that is my pseudonym -- the professional name I use for all my writing. My own real name is kinda weird. With a first name like Magnus, you can imagine how that goes with a last name that is scandanavian in descent and unpronouncable for most english speakers and you've got a name that a disaster for a professional name. So many years ago I adopted this name from numerous ones I was considering that I culled from online baby name books and websites that gave you the meanings of last names. So from those two sources I came up with Darren M. Jorgensen as a pen name. So that's the origin of my pseudonym, so now that that's out of the bag, there you go!

So I'm curious what you all may think. Remember that the book is a thriller set in NYC, part of it an abandoned NYC system subway station.

Personally, I'm quite pleased with what they came up with. When the artwork came through today I found out that the graphic artist as well as the owner of the company, both worked on the cover art together. I had heard that the president of the company really loved my book, but here is proof in the pudding. He likes it enough he's even willing to take a hand in developing the book cover art. Either that, or they are terribly short staffed, eh?

So here it is. Let me know what you think!

The novel is scheduled to be released on 22 May 2018. Hope there will be a least some friends on 420Magazine who will consider picking it up and reading it. Let me know if you do. I'd love to hear your comments.

Best,
    Magnus "Darren"
    TheMadDabber, InTheShed thanked you for this post

"Look ahead into the past, back into the future, until the silence." ~ Margaret Laurence

"I write. Therefore I write." ~ Darren Jorgensen
    Check out my Summer Session Outside Grow (first timer) - Magnus' Summer Outdoor Grow
    Check out my OTHER current grow - Magnus8's - Coco Coir - Big Bud & Pineapple Express - First Grow Ever
    Magnus8's NEW STUDY HALL: Canna Cream (Body Butter) Canna Lotion Study Hall

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure exactly who will be interested, but I'm sure some might be.

The cover art for my novel, Finding Max, came in today and so I'm copying it here for you all to see.

If you are wondering who Darren M. Jorgensen is, well that is my pseudonym -- the professional name I use for all my writing. My own real name is kinda weird. With a first name like Magnus, you can imagine how that goes with a last name that is scandanavian in descent and unpronouncable for most english speakers and you've got a name that a disaster for a professional name. So many years ago I adopted this name from numerous ones I was considering that I culled from online baby name books and websites that gave you the meanings of last names. So from those two sources I came up with Darren M. Jorgensen as a pen name. So that's the origin of my pseudonym, so now that that's out of the bag, there you go!

So I'm curious what you all may think. Remember that the book is a thriller set in NYC, part of it an abandoned NYC system subway station.

Personally, I'm quite pleased with what they came up with. When the artwork came through today I found out that the graphic artist as well as the owner of the company, both worked on the cover art together. I had heard that the president of the company really loved my book, but here is proof in the pudding. He likes it enough he's even willing to take a hand in developing the book cover art. Either that, or they are terribly short staffed, eh?

So here it is. Let me know what you think!

The novel is scheduled to be released on 22 May 2018. Hope there will be a least some friends on 420Magazine who will consider picking it up and reading it. Let me know if you do. I'd love to hear your comments.

Best,
    Magnus "Darren"
    SweetSue, Dave Groomer thanked you for this post

"Look ahead into the past, back into the future, until the silence." ~ Margaret Laurence

"I write. Therefore I write." ~ Darren Jorgensen
    Check out my Summer Session Outside Grow (first timer) - Magnus' Summer Outdoor Grow
    Check out my OTHER current grow - Magnus8's - Coco Coir - Big Bud & Pineapple Express - First Grow Ever
    Magnus8's NEW STUDY HALL: Canna Cream (Body Butter) Canna Lotion Study Hall

Post Thanks / Like

Looks sweet I'll check it out 👍

Check out my brand new journal! Utilizing and maximizing a bathtub grow space!
    Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

Remember the more you know, the more you grow!

-Dabber

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great cover Magnus, or should I say...Darren! I've ridden on trains past that abandoned station and it's creepy and filled with graffiti. Great place to set a thriller . Congrats on how it's coming together for you. And thanks for putting this thread together as well. It's helped lots and lots of people
    Radogast thanked you for this post

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    Grow #2: Outdoor auto ILGM AK-47 & Blueberry, all LST!

First CLONES! ILGM AK-47 and Gold Leaf.

Grow #1: Outdoor auto ILGM Blueberry & AK-47 - COMPLETED...but still worth the read!

Member of the Month - March 2015 & September 2016 Member of the Year - 2015 & 2016 Creme de la Creme Contest Winner - December 2016 Nug of the Month - October 2017 SweetSue's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like it Magnus. Hits all the right notes. It visually clues you to the city and setting and does so with a sense of movement.

Nice. It's gotta feel good to get this far. When the artwork came through I figure I'd have had a small stab of "Oh God, this is actually gonna happen!"

Hey... I just finished making a batch of Dave Groomer's pain cream, and of course I took lots of pictures. Would it be ok with you to do the post about it here?
    Radogast thanked you for this post

SweetSue's Threads

The Basic Links for Patients and Caregivers

Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow - Current

SweetSue Showcases The GROWant GR240: Lighting Up A 2x2 - Current

Living in Joy: Community Thoughts On Optimism

SweetSue's Spot: Off-Topic Joy.

Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

"If I set a goal and it doesn't excite me and terrify me at the same time, I'm doing something wrong." -Bob Proctor

"What you think, you become. What you feel, you attract. What you imagine, you create." - Buddha

Grow Journal of the Month - April 2017 Radogast's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post
    I like it Magnus. Hits all the right notes. It visually clues you to the city and setting and does so with a sense of movement.

Nice. It's gotta feel good to get this far. When the artwork came through I figure I'd have had a small stab of "Oh God, this is actually gonna happen!"

Hey... I just finished making a batch of Dave Groomer's pain cream, and of course I took lots of pictures. Would it be ok with you to do the post about it here?
    What she said - you know it's New York. You know that subway train is moving. The blood red skyline lets you know the situation is gonna get ugly.
    dynamo1, InTheShed, HashGirl liked this post

Radogast

Radogast's Hi-Brix basement grow - new location - new soil - new experiences

Radogast's non-420 Garden Creation Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I'm finding my pumpkin infuse oil that was run through the MB2 three time to increase potency works great for my aches and sore joints. It was to be the basis for my pain creme but I have been using it, oil only, for my relief. Some of the oil might make into a creme.
    SweetSue, Radogast, InTheShed, Amy Gardner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I like it, too. Simple but effective.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSue View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Radogast View Post
    What she said - you know it's New York. You know that subway train is moving. The blood red skyline lets you know the situation is gonna get ugly.
    Radogast, dynamo1, InTheShed, Amy Gardner liked this post

HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom/CB Dutch Treat/Durban Poison - COMPLETED

Reading is my passion but music is in my soul.
    If you like getting high and enjoy music especially rock/alt-rock,
    you may want to check out my blog
    , A Stoner's Random Thoughts Blog.

Drunk people run stop signs; stoned people wait for the sign to turn green!!!

Cannabis Oil Forums
    Everything You Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask

Don't forget to vote in the 420 Contests -
    http://www.420magazine.com/forums/420-contests/

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dynamo1 View Post
    I'm finding my pumpkin infuse oil that was run through the MB2 three time to increase potency works great for my aches and sore joints. It was to be the basis for my pain creme but I have been using it, oil only, for my relief. Some of the oil might make into a creme.
    Hi dynamo, so do you mean here that you’re just using the straight infused oil directly as a topical?

Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall
    dynamo1 thanked you for this post
    InTheShed, dynamo1, ginganinja30, Radogast liked this post

Amy Gardner's First Journal - Outdoor - Critical Cure & Chaos In The Forest

“My thoughts” said the wanderer to his shadow, “should show me where I stand; but they should not betray to me where I am going. I love my ignorance of the future and do not wish to perish of impatience and of tasting promised things ahead of time.” F. Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Aphorism #287.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Gardner View Post
    Hi dynamo, so do you mean here that you’re just using the straight infused oil directly as a topical?
    That's what I did with half of the oil I made. From the crock pot into the bottle (after straining obv). The other half got blended into a salve by adding beeswax. I'm beginning to feel that by adding thickeners (like beeswax), which makes it less absorbable, it must make it slightly less effective. Not as runny though, so that's the trade off. I can't bring the oil to work, but I have a jar of salve on my desk!
    Amy Gardner thanked you for this post

Grow #1: Outdoor auto ILGM Blueberry & AK-47 - COMPLETED...but still worth the read!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InTheShed View Post
    That's what I did with half of the oil I made. From the crock pot into the bottle (after straining obv). The other half got blended into a salve by adding beeswax. I'm beginning to feel that by adding thickeners (like beeswax), which makes it less absorbable, it must make it slightly less effective. Not as runny though, so that's the trade off. I can't bring the oil to work, but I have a jar of salve on my desk!
    That’s good to know. I actually prefer oil on my skin to anything else. I’m aiming to make creams or salves for others eventually, but for myself I may just stick to the oil.

Has anyone ever used fractionated coconut oil to do an infusion?

InTheShed, ginganinja30 liked this post

Amy Gardner's First Journal - Outdoor - Critical Cure & Chaos In The Forest

“My thoughts” said the wanderer to his shadow, “should show me where I stand; but they should not betray to me where I am going. I love my ignorance of the future and do not wish to perish of impatience and of tasting promised things ahead of time.” F. Nietzsche, The Gay Science, Aphorism #287.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That’s good to know. I actually prefer oil on my skin to anything else. I’m aiming to make creams or salves for others eventually, but for myself I may just stick to the oil.
    Has anyone ever used fractionated coconut oil to do an infusion?
    That's exactly what I used! Gimme a minute and I'll update here with a link.

Amazon.com : Organic Fractionated Coconut Oil Pure & Natural. Highest Quality Wildcrafted & Organic Carrier Oil and Base Oil Liquid For Aromatherapy - Hair and Skin. Massage Oil. Perfect with Roller Bottles. : Beauty
    Last edited by InTheShed; 12-13-2017 at 01:14 PM. Reason: link added
    dynamo1, ginganinja30, Radogast liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is exactly what I am doing and it works well. According to Magnus pumpkin seed oil is one of the best for quick absorption into the skin. Coconut oil is thicker and doesn't work it's way through the skin barrier as well.Along with my joints it has really helped my scalp which is normally sore to the touch from thin skin from years of working under cars and abuse. This morning I reached in my jar and took a finger coated with oil and rubbed on my head and it's good all day without pain. I think (maybe wishful thinking) it's helping the skin to thicken also.
    Last edited by dynamo1; 12-13-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: I forgot I was in Magnuses thread and didn't need the link
    InTheShed thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Indeed, I'll be switching to pumpkin seed oil for my next batch after reading up on it!
    dynamo1, HashGirl, ginganinja30, Radogast liked this post

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast