LED UFO Video & Feedback

Strive4Wisdom

I am used to a single 600w setup and don't want to deal with the energy costs anymore. I have thought a lot about getting a couple LED UFO's in the future and want to know if anyone has experience with them, heard anything through the grapevine, and wether or not it is worth my time.

Re: LED UFO feedback

this answered my question. 1/3 yield for UFO in comparison. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

useful info buddy +rep:peace:

OK that was a great little peice. Suprised I hadn't looked on youtube myself-it seems to keep me there for extesive amounts of time,O'well!

This is good proof of how deceptive advertising can be.

That plant under the UFO stretched like crazy. He had a jungle of 6 foot limbs with nothing on them. That sounds bad but its worse I tell you.You got to think that in the video he states that the side facing the camera is to be left open- thus there is a lot of hid spillout filling the room. I feel that the 11 weeks of spillout, despite being indirect counts for a lot of the growth there. When the HID was harvested I assume that he no longer turned it on, but it seemed that it just slowly ripend what was there.

You might say he could have gotten different results iif they were in entierly different grow areas or at least fully enclosed and adequatley ventilated. I would feed em from the same resivoir. You might not see as much stretching maybe slightly different plant structure. But i definately dont think that that would shorten the flowering time- it might even extend it from the 10 weeks flowering when the plant did 8 hid.

I believe that you could get a better looking plant than him growign with the ufo alone. But I think yeild would be even worse in that case. Dont think the "lighting revolution" is gonna make it that far at all.

Even with the miniscule gain in grams per Kwh of .217HID to.36LED you go from just over 3 full bags HID, to just over one LED!!!

Not worth it. If they were cheaper than cfl's and could easily afford having 10 or more in the same box it could then be quite nifty and might be worth a try, not really because even then I would be using twice the Kwh as the HID light system. I could only use 4(ufo's) before I hit the Kwh used by the HID's

I think that we are going to see ads for more leds in the future- I say they will be saying how much better they are than the "other" brands- prolly see incorporation of more leds set to different colors to fill the spectrum better.

But I dont think its worth it unless they have some spectacular innovations which I dont expect to see. Definately ansewerd some of the questions I had seeing them online. Thanks again for the vid.

peese

-me​

Ya after I got that video from the thread I was directed to I was convinced that UFO is Not the way to go. Im guessing that two might be legit but throwin down $1200 for give or take 800w equivalent lighting system with minimal foliage cover (ad says 3'x3'for one UFO) just doesn't add up. Big ups to whoever made the video though it was helpful.
Conclusion:
Only UfOs I'm interested are piloted by celestial beings.

LEDs are a cool concept but like anything new it has bugs and I hope in the future they come out with LEDs that work as good as hids do but till then il stick with what works.

i have just started a led grow myself and will post pics have some white skunk on the go and some mazar i started today i have red up on them and it stated where i dought them for they are 13 watt is equvilant to a 400 watt norml or sodiem bare with me new to this so bought two of them a grow tent and a 8 pod hdrosystem ebb and flow basicly a big bin with pump and heater will post pics soon as i know how lol but will let u know how it gets on have started now so will just use it as an experiment to see how i get on

if you're going the route of LED's then you need to look at Procyon 100's, of all the LED grows I've seen the Procyon is about the only one actually worth while.

Yes, they are not there YET... They have their pluses and minuses. Mine is used exclusively for veg and I love what it does for the plants and the elec. bill and the lack of heat. I have been running my new grow under the leds for 12 and then in the flowering room for 12 under the 400 HPS. They do not look anywhere near as healthy as the plants I had under it 24/7, but the HPS are making them stretch a bit more then the LED. I will get a review up of the Procyon one of these days.. Damn STONERS, always procrastinating!!!!! :cheesygrinsmiley::roorrip::peace:

Look at it like this:
LED used roughly 4.24 times (424%) less power
To yield roughly 2.5 times (250%) less cannabis

cannabis to power ratio was .363 (.217 for HID)
Therefore, if the LED's had of used the same amount of power (420kwh rather than 99kwh):
theoretical yield becomes 152 grams,

But remember, we are practical people, aren't we?

So by applying this data, you would supposedly need 4.24 more equal LED systems to draw an equal amount of power, so i feel unanswered question is:

Would a linear increase of LEDs = linear increase in cannabis
(To fully take advantage of the better ratio)

And if then this is exactly the case, is the ratio really that good enough for it to be worth the increase cost of multiple LED's?

Arrakeen wants results.

For anyone who is trying to make up their mind whether to go LED, the negative people have an agenda. I have none. It works. I had a HID/MH/HPS rig, and it worked but was very expensive to operate. The louder these guys scream, the more obvious it is that they have an agenda. The video example they give is very old- first generation LED. Although all UFOS look alike, the newer generations have overcome the shortcomings of this comparison video. I was concerned about that video too, until I found out how old it was. But the naysayers aren't interested in the facts.

People PLEASE. Unless you have a financial investment in HID light systems there is no way you can discredit current LED lighting. Last year (2008) I grew outdoors in south Florida using organic soil. Planted in early July 08 and harvested in November- ideal for this climate. My current grow is indoors with aeroponics and Sunshine Systems UFO 90. It is every bit ad good and will likely be far better than the outdoor grow.

Grow up and get over the fact that you invested in old technoogy. FYI I gave away a 400 watt HID light system for the UFO. I never got close to these results with HID!

if you're going the route of LED's then you need to look at Procyon 100's, of all the LED grows I've seen the Procyon is about the only one actually worth while.

400 watt hid vrs a 120 watt led...cmon the led used was the fred sanford model. Its not a even test in my opinion...I use a 300 watt led-quad spectrum red/blue/orange/white, It is awesome in all aspects for a indoor grower....no duct work, no ballast, no big elec. bills..i will post pics soon

People PLEASE. Unless you have a financial investment in HID light systems there is no way you can discredit current LED lighting. Last year (2008) I grew outdoors in south Florida using organic soil. Planted in early July 08 and harvested in November- ideal for this climate. My current grow is indoors with aeroponics and Sunshine Systems UFO 90. It is every bit ad good and will likely be far better than the outdoor grow.

Grow up and get over the fact that you invested in old technoogy. FYI I gave away a 400 watt HID light system for the UFO. I never got close to these results with HID!

IMHO, this is a flat out lie. I have never called anyone on this site a liar before, but there is no way that a 90w ufo can compare to the sun. The only way you could have a 90w indoor ufo out-perform the sun, is if you fucked the outdoor grow off.:skeptical::skeptical::sorry::shhh:

Back
Top Bottom