My weed stem adventure!

Cabbage

Hey so I have been doing a lot of research lately about how my Mary Jane stems can be put to use. I could have cooked them into some butter, which would obviously work, but that would take a while and require some baking, so I decided to make tea out of the stems. THC has extremely low solubility in water, but much better solubility in fat, so I went with whole milk (fattening!) instead of water. So after making 2 glasses of this I can say it works well enough to talk about. I am feelin pretty good and I'm on my second glass :yummy: I smoke every day by the way and I feel about as high as I do when I smoke a joint or take a few hits from my pipe. Nothing major, but I still feel good.

Ingredients:
- 2-3 cups WHOLE milk (depending on how much you want - I made 2 glasses with the listed amount)
- 1 pot
- 1 stove
- enough weed stems to fill a tea bag. add some shake/kief for extra effect (weed bits that have been detached from the nug). More stems/weed = stronger tea! There is no limit :ganjamon:
- honey/chocolate syrup for taste (the tea doesnt taste amazing, but it is easily drinkable, some honey or chocolate syrup for the milk will make it much tastier)
- tea bag(s)

Directions:
- Remove tea leaves from a tea bag and replace with weed stems/shake. Reclose the bag.
- Pour milk into the pot - heat it on the stove.
- Once the milk begins to heat, put the stem-filled teabag in the pot of milk.
- Continue heating the milk until it BEGINS to simmer. Make sure not to let the milk boil vigorously or it will curdle and become undrinkable. Once the milk is hot enough to simmer, turn down stove heat to LOW, and stir periodically for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the stem bag from the milk and dispose of them. The stems souldn't have much use anymore.
- Pour whats left of the milk through strainer to remove anything that you might not want to drink, such as little weed bits that may have escaped the bag.
- Add honey or chocolate syrup if you want. I personally put in a couple of tablespoons of honey in each glass. I want to try chocolate syrup next time though.

If anyone has any questions I'll definitely answer them. This is the personal method I used this time, and it does work. But I am going to do more research and collect more info on what works best. So if anyone has any suggestions I'd be more than happy to hear them.

It'd probably help to powder your stems in a coffee grinder beforehand. Stems do typically contain a usable amount opf cannabinoids, but you need to use a bit of it and the more surface area you expose to the fluid and heat, the better the effect.
+rep for using ALL of the plant.

Great recipe. me and the GF tried it last night and added Hot Chocolate powder and sugar. Was a nice fuzzy buzz that kind of crept up on you. Love it. :D

We're off to a mate's flat warming party this week and plan to take a thermos with us. If anyone asks why we're drinking hot chocolate we're going to say it's because we're old and boring :D

:bravo:

What about leaving out the milk for the brewing phase, and steep the weed in boiling water with a tsp or so of real butter first? Once you take the teabag out, add cocoa powder with appropriate sweetener, maybe some creamer, and a dollop of whipped cream? No worries about curdling your milk.

I've never had luck heating milk. I always overheat and end up with curds. YUK!

I know your question is a few months old and maybe you've found what you needed to know. If not, I can tell you that I read some recipes from a woman on 420 that used that method of extraction - hot water with butter and then she used this 'tea' to make various drinks from hot chocolate to flavored teas. I was looking for that cache of recipes when I landed on this thread. Thought her 'handle' was "Sally...something".

What about leaving out the milk for the brewing phase, and steep the weed in boiling water with a tsp or so of real butter first? Once you take the teabag out, add cocoa powder with appropriate sweetener, maybe some creamer, and a dollop of whipped cream? No worries about curdling your milk.

I've never had luck heating milk. I always overheat and end up with curds. YUK!

Back
Top Bottom